Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

not a good idea i think. i will wait until at least 50 percent of the towers has LTE and also when triband phones come out.

I appreciate your help, I was gonna come over to simply get the sero plan $50 a month. But when is it predicted to be 50% done cuz this Verizon bill is killing me good service but pricey ?

I appreciate your help, I was gonna come over to simply get the sero plan $50 a month. But when is it predicted to be 50% done cuz this Verizon bill is killing me good service but pricey ?

Unless you find the financial savings to be worth it for subpar data and voice right now, I wouldn't do it. Expect end of summer or late 2013 to be a good time to move. You can even ask at that time if it's a good time as well cause you never know what might happen. If I knew what I know now last Oct, I would have not made the move to Sprint until next year. It's too late for me but not for you.

if I were you, I will try tmobile for sometime since you dont have to be tied to a 2 year contract and they have good hspa+/started to roll out LTE at a much fast pace than sprint. when the sprint LTE is at 100 percent and triband phones are rolling out, that will be the best time to move to sprint. you are making mistake jumping into sprint right now especially coming from verizon. 

I wish Android would start making signal bars reflect the cellular technology you are using. Google should just build that into Android so CM doesn't have to do it.

Just get the Signalcheck app and have both. The best of both worlds. The power of android.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

if I were you, I will try tmobile for sometime since you dont have to be tied to a 2 year contract and they have good hspa+/started to roll out LTE at a much fast pace than sprint. when the sprint LTE is at 100 percent and triband phones are rolling out, that will be the best time to move to sprint. you are making mistake jumping into sprint right now especially coming from verizon. 

T-mobile is good outside but at my job where I can say I spend most of my day which is 8-9 hours other than sleep, t-mobile has no reception there. Plus sprint got the $50 plan so if I go away from Verizon it will only be Sprint but in due time at the suggestion andopinions of the NY network based form you guys. But, I will probably hold off or try to fro a month or 2. Thanks for the update

Edited by daboybk
  • Like 1

Change if you want. But you need tremendous patience to stick with sprint now. If I have the option, I wont be with sprint as of now

Edited by pslee

Change if you want. But you need tremendous patience to stick with sprint now. If I have the option, I wont be with sprint as of now

I think many folks have stuck it out, good, bad, ugly. I'm coming up on 14 years as a customer now, long before I started my career there.

Yeah the frustration from most of the guys here that are sticking it and actually being honest is what is helping me to hold off for a bit longer. Most carrier forums have fanboys who think whatever they own or have is the best regardless of it being truth or not. But you peeps have been very informative with the ins and outs and changes as they occur. I will continue to monitor things to see when is the right time. Right now my bill for Verizon is about $180 for a family plan w/ 2 unlimited data plans no throttling. On sprint it will be about $135-$140 on 2 individual lines total with unlimited data also but just waiting for the right moment. I think September-November when the Note 3 drops as I currently have the Note 2 on Verizon and beinf I have unlimited data I am not able to get subsidized upgrade pricing unless I change my plan.

• Like 1

Yeah the frustration from most of the guys here that are sticking it and actually being honest is what is helping me to hold off for a bit longer. Most carrier forums have fanboys who think whatever they own or have is the best regardless of it being truth or not. But you peeps have been very informative with the ins and outs and changes as they occur. I will continue to monitor things to see when is the right time. Right now my bill for Verizon is about $180 for a family plan w/ 2 unlimited data plans no throttling. On sprint it will be about $135-$140 on 2 individual lines total with unlimited data also but just waiting for the right moment. I think September-November when the Note 3 drops as I currently have the Note 2 on Verizon and beinf I have unlimited data I am not able to get subsidized upgrade pricing unless I change my plan.

I'm not gonna lie to you, Verizon has the best coverage in the tristate area, hands down. I would suggest you trial Sprint first, and see how the coverage and service is in the areas that you most frequent. Saving money is all well and good, but if you don't have service, what's the point?

I used that same argument to get my family away from T-Mobile, they had gotten used to dropped calls and coverage holes.

Daboybk have you checked sensorly for coverage around your house and work. Maybe it's already well covered. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Naw I haven't checked im in jamaica qnz area.

I'm not gonna lie to you, Verizon has the best coverage in the tristate area, hands down. I would suggest you trial Sprint first, and see how the coverage and service is in the areas that you most frequent. Saving money is all well and good, but if you don't have service, what's the point?

I used that same argument to get my family away from T-Mobile, they had gotten used to dropped calls and coverage holes.

Yea I can take a bit of dropped calls but if it is an important call i would be pissed. But the no coverage thing now that I can't deal with!!!

Judging by Sensorly, Jamaica, Queens has LTE service from all 4 major U.S. carriers and Metro PCS. I don't inlaid the Sprint tower in that area is still active though. It mighyve have been turned off. I know the tower nearest to my home got turned off after having LTE for about a week.

Judging by Sensorly, Jamaica, Queens has LTE service from all 4 major U.S. carriers and Metro PCS. I don't inlaid the Sprint tower in that area is still active though. It mighyve have been turned off. I know the tower nearest to my home got turned off after having LTE for about a week.

Oh ok thx bro. How can I view the map.?

It seems like Sprint is currently trying to convert the existing upgraded 3G sites to LTE as the last update had a lot of LTE upgrades and only 1 new 3G upgrades. Coincedence... I hope not!

Possibly gearing up for a summer wave of LTE launches.

It seems like Sprint is currently trying to convert the existing upgraded 3G sites to LTE as the last update had a lot of LTE upgrades and only 1 new 3G upgrades. Coincedence... I hope not!

Possibly gearing up for a summer wave of LTE launches.

Alcatel-Lucent modus operandi of 3g first then 4g a bit after. Watch those existing 3g accepted sites go 3g/4g in the coming weeks!

• Like 1

LTE isn't functional inside Yankee stadium. Had 3 bars but no actual Internet connection.

We went trough this already. Got .4 Mbps and like 60 ms ping time. U won't get a connection during game time. That speed test was after multiple try's.

We went trough this already. Got .4 Mbps and like 60 ms ping time. U won't get a connection during game time. That speed test was after multiple try's.

Those speeds are okay for browsing actually. I'm getting pings of 200+ and .15 Mbps. Hopefully a large amount of capacity is installed in the area.

Those speeds are okay for browsing actually. I'm getting pings of 200+ and .15 Mbps. Hopefully a large amount of capacity is installed in the area.

Chances are they'll probably wait for TD-LTE before they do super fast speeds. Then the network will probably be about 5Mbps in the stadium during game time.