Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I feel so left out in all of this LTE talk. lol Still no place where I go has LTE. Now, Looking at Sensorly, T-mobile seems to be almost done with LTE in NYC.

I wouldn't say almost done, id say progressing briskly...buddy has Tmobile with LTE, and its nonexistent in the Bx, really patchy in manhattan, and only got solid speeds in a part of queens (dont know about other boroughs)

I feel so left out in all of this LTE talk. lol Still no place where I go has LTE. Now, Looking at Sensorly, T-mobile seems to be almost done with LTE in NYC.

Have you toggled the radio to see if you pick up any LTE? cause at this point, there is LTE available in most parts of NYC (at least weak signal)

Have you toggled the radio to see if you pick up any LTE? cause at this point, there is LTE available in most parts of NYC (at least weak signal)

definitely not true in queens. they are lagging well behind Bronx and Brooklyn

I wouldn't say almost done, id say progressing briskly...buddy has Tmobile with LTE, and its nonexistent in the Bx, really patchy in manhattan, and only got solid speeds in a part of queens (dont know about other boroughs)

Queens is where I live and downtown Manhattan is where I work so T-mobile is so much better compared to Sprint since Queens is lagging. No toggling will get me any LTE signals. Like I said, I am feeling left out.

Queens is where I live and downtown Manhattan is where I work so T-mobile is so much better compared to Sprint since Queens is lagging. No toggling will get me any LTE signals. Like I said, I am feeling left out.

I have a hunch you will be ok in queens very very soon, but downtown manhattan has been rough going...but again getting closer on that front...i get solid LTE on the east 1st street and 1st avenue, and on the west christopher st, so patience will be key in your case..but your soo close, I do feel for you bro..

Are your 3G speeds at least ok?

Are your 3G speeds at least ok?

Nope. Pre NV speeds since they work in clusters. If you look at the map, you will see that only one tower has been 3G complete way downtown. That's where I am.

Nope. Pre NV speeds since they work in clusters. If you look at the map, you will see that only one tower has been 3G complete way downtown. That's where I am.

Downtown is like a ghost town, but I believe that is going to change very soon! Some parts of lower Manhattan are still quite not back to normal. 

drove along Queens Boulevard last night and had LTE most of the way to the RFK bridge

I am also noticing LTE is now connectable in my neighborhood on Claremont Avenue and other cross streets - so no longer confined exclusively to a narrow strip of Broadway.  Ran some speed tests yesterday that ranged from 6.62-10.55 down and 4.44-4.72 up.  Not too bad.

Edited by Morningside78
  • Like 1

also manhattan...only between 26-42th and all the way downtown there is little to no coverage but the rest of manhattan has decent signal..And as far as the places that I visit in queens (astoria in and around northern Blvd) i had a pretty decent LTE connection.

Dont get me wrong. Its getting better. However, northeast part of queens has absolutely no signs of lte yet. Flushing has good lte saturation.

But yes in comparison(as far as I can see from sensorly) to the other boroughs Queens has the biggest and most holes..

Honestly, the summer months will be the most productive as that how construction like comps work, July, August are crazy busy. Pretty sure by the end of the summer most of queens should be set well. Brooklyn is very far! Anyone in the Bronx want to share how its going up there? It was started the earliest. Are their still spots without any signal at all?

Honestly, the summer months will be the most productive as that how construction like comps work, July, August are crazy busy. Pretty sure by the end of the summer most of queens should be set well. Brooklyn is very far! Anyone in the Bronx want to share how its going up there? It was started the earliest. Are their still spots without any signal at all?

That would be me...lol! The bronx is coming along well...the only places ive found to be an issue is in and around Tremont and Webster and a bit east..but then i have coverage in most places I go. Another issue is the Yankee stadium area, when the game is in progress..Aside from that, The Bronx is coming along well..if i had to give an estimate i would say i have LTE 85% of the time, while in the Bronx.

I don't get it , it seems as though Sprint has been moving a lot slower than before. When they first started the roll out of LTE in the NYC Market they seemed to be moving at a wayyy faster rate than now .

My LTE setting has been turned off for a while. I don't even really look for it anymore. I use 3G to save some battery and sometimes turn data off when I know I'm not using it.

Its funny that you say that...My battery has been stupendous as of late..and it is definitely attributed to having a more solid LTE and 3G connection...