Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Grain of salt on half-finished network.

I'm in Chicago's O'Hare airport right now and pulling 6mbps down, streaming Netflix with no buffering. That's what we should be looking at for real world usage, not the burst fastest speed.

Sent from my Sprint iPad using Tapatalk HD

But but but.. it's not amazzziing 30 megabits that I neeeeed on my phone!  ;) 

• Like 1

Little do people know that your bars on Android don't mean LTE signal. They could be connected to a towers ways off! I feel like if companies want to do LTE spedtesting, use the iPhone because it shows your actual signal as opposed to having to root or download aseperate app to see signal sstrength. Additionally the radio in all iPhones should be just as powerful as on another iPhone.

Actually they should be using LTE engineering screens so you can see the SNR, signal quality and such.  The only true testing you will see like that is here at S4GRU.  So all those articles out there mean absolutely ZERO when it comes to the real facts you'll find here.

Actually they should be using LTE engineering screens so you can see the SNR, signal quality and such.  The only true testing you will see like that is here at S4GRU.  So all those articles out there mean absolutely ZERO when it comes to the real facts you'll find here.

Signal check app is pretty handy for testing. Screenshot_2013-06-01-23-35-46_zps284670[/url

This is quite a ways beyond typical fringe signal range, however the SNR value is still quite high; comparatively

But but but.. it's not amazzziing 30 megabits that I neeeeed on my phone!  ;)

I swear I wish I could b#$@h slap the next person who complains that the number isn't high enough. 

• Like 2

I swear I wish I could b#$@h slap the next person who complains that the number isn't high enough.

Woahh derr (Big Sean Voice) lml 10 is just enough took me a while to figure it out but I get it now.

Man, I wish there was a schedule available that shows when the towers are scheduled to go through upgrades. Finally a tower few blocks from my house is 3G/4G accepted but it's only facing the opposite side of my house... so close but so little use...

Same happened to me. The tower got upgraded but the signal was shotty because it seemed like they turned on a few sectors but not the one directly pointed toward my home!

I think they so that so more people experience coverage in diff areas as they put up. It's just a rotation, but still the same panel

I think they so that so more people experience coverage in diff areas as they put up. It's just a rotation, but still the same panel

Offtopic: why does your username not have a hyperlink/profile link on hover? Or any profile at all actually.

• Like 1

Not quite sure what u mean! Also that is really OT!

What I mean is that if you look at my name off to the side of this post

<--- 

It will be clickable or able to hover over. Yours does not and I have never seen someone without a profile link before. Sorry it just caught my eye as I read over the new posts in the forums.

What I mean is that if you look at my name off to the side of this post

<---

It will be clickable or able to hover over. Yours does not and I have never seen someone without a profile link before. Sorry it just caught my eye as I read over the new posts in the forums.

Not sure why. I didn't change anything!

• Like 1

I forgot how terrible Sprint data service can be since LTE has been deployed in NYC.

I was in Miami over the memorial day weekend and my phone was useless while not connected to wifi.

Google maps had a hard time getting navigation data. All i can say is hang in there guys better days must come.

I did some Sensorly mapping whenever I noticed I had LTE

I forgot how terrible Sprint data service can be since LTE has been deployed in NYC.

I was in Miami over the memorial day weekend and my phone was useless while not connected to wifi.

Google maps had a hard time getting navigation data. All i can say is hang in there guys better days must come.

I did some Sensorly mapping whenever I noticed I had LTE

Wait Miami has bad service ? On Sensorly Miami is pretty purple . I figured service in FL was good hmm .

Wait Miami has bad service ? On Sensorly Miami is pretty purple . I figured service in FL was good hmm .

I was in the downtown area.

Sprint is terrible there.

Maybe the tower that serves that area is in the process of being upgraded.

just because there is a lot of purple does not mean you necessarily have a consistently usable airlink. You are standing at point "X", Point "X" is supposed to be served by serving cell "A" on tower "1"  however tower "1" may likely not be broadcasting Lte yet. Your phone however detects serving cell "B" on tower "2" just a few more blocks down the road & establishes a connection. Thus you have an Lte connection, you may still even see reasonable performance depending on your real signal strength values; but this is not a completed project. Sprint's network vision isn't even half way completed yet ( in total ) and day to day network experience is going to change every day until the day the last update report comes in. 

Please stay advised, Roger  ;)

Hopefully now you are seeing that Sprint is going to kick @$$. :D

• Like 1

Question for anyone near 23rd and 7th. Did they take that LTE tower offline. Couldn't get a LTE signal over there today and im not sure if its my device or just the site is offline. I have notice I have seen a lot less LTE on my phone in the last few days but and i know many users have reported a lot of sites offline all of a sudden. 

Question for anyone near 23rd and 7th. Did they take that LTE tower offline. Couldn't get a LTE signal over there today and im not sure if its my device or just the site is offline. I have notice I have seen a lot less LTE on my phone in the last few days but and i know many users have reported a lot of sites offline all of a sudden.

Don't know about 7th ave, but a lot of sites that have been up, are now down, plus I'm noticing the signals that I am getting are weaker then usual. Does anyone have any insight why this is happening with sudden shutdowns?

City is coming along nicely, Indoors on 34st and Madison got good 3G speeds, 800k down 600k up 130ping felt really decent, in a place that would almost never get over 50k, did a comparison against ATT iphone 4S on "4G" (HSPA+) loading web pages was consistently quicker on sprint! chrome vs chrome..Reminder of why patience almost always pays off! And here are the rest of my en devour 

Christopher n Hudson...10mb down 6mb up 50ping..

Then 41st and 12th ave...20mb down 9mb up 40ping

also 55st and 12th ave...17mb down 5mb up 55ping

• Like 1