Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I borrowed my niece sprint s4 and it had good 4g connection by bk bridge. Things are coming along nicely in some spots.

Yes around %75 of Brooklyn is covered with LTE, so if your in Brooklyn, u can make the switch now!

I actually live in Qnz but fam in Bk. But yea around there home they got a post card stating LTE is being installed which is causing little to no signal and things should be up soon. Supposedly. My neice will give me her s4 for about retail and use that to buy an iphone 5. I got note 2 nice phone but think s4 is the right size phone.

I work in Bk also so it's good they are coming along faster than Qnz because I spend lots of time there so better there.

Edited by daboybk

I borrowed my niece sprint s4 and it had good 4g connection by bk bridge. Things are coming along nicely in some spots.

That's funny, I was by the BK Bridge all last night! I went to Grimaldi's and the Ice Cream Factory.

That's funny, I was by the BK Bridge all last night! I went to Grimaldi's and the Ice Cream Factory.

Oh word I was in the area to check out the World Science Festival. I always wanted to try Grimaldi's but always a long a$$ line!!!! Do you have to buy a pie? I seen a sign no slices!! I don't know if that is all day or for certain hours or so. With you being from Qnz I know you have tried Margherita Pizza on Jamaica ave. Which is better?

The ice cream factory packed too they move fast though.

Grimaldi's was awesome! They have better pizza than any other pizza parlor I ever went to! It's true they only serve whole pies and not slices though because everything is made to order. They have all types of toppings too. I probably waited for about half an hour before I got seated though. The Ice Cream Factory had the longest line but it moved fast.

Please keep this thread on topic and reserve all other comments to other forums or pm each other. I keep getting useless notifications for things that dont pertain to this thread. PLEEEEEZEEEEE!

Okay

3mbps will give u hd stream

3mbps is also the theoretical max of EVDO RevA, and even on a dedicated connection, you won't see 3mbps. The max I've ever seen on a dedicated NV EVDO site is 2.5mbps.

I have noticed a lot of LTE sites that were there previously go offline, but 3G most places have improved and stayed consistent. Do they always keep the 3G sites up even If they shut down the 4g?

Yeah, shouldn't be any reason why they bring the 3G off air, in theory, that would bring the entire site offline.

I noticed on Sensorly that there is a lot more dark purple especially in Brooklyn. A good sign! T-Mobile on the other hand has a bit of work to do as they have LTE a couple of blocks away from my home but not at my home. Same with Sprint but the tower near my home is upgraded as I have had LTE in my home for about 2 weeks but then it was shut off.

• Like 1

I noticed on Sensorly that there is a lot more dark purple especially in Brooklyn. A good sign! T-Mobile on the other hand has a bit of work to do as they have LTE a couple of blocks away from my home but not at my home. Same with Sprint but the tower near my home is upgraded as I have had LTE in my home for about 2 weeks but then it was shut off.

That definitely is the case...midtown again is getting better....just got back from 51st and 9th ave(midtown west)...got GREAT! speeds! 

When you check sensorly do you check it by your address or by zip code?

You can do either or, but I would suggest address since  LTE  signal can sometimes have limited range in NYC(hopefully not for long)

This article has been floating around the forums for a bit, still not indicative of final product! You should know this by now...since sprint activates towers as soon as there ready (unlike other carriers), coverage can be very spotty at times until the build out is complete. Take a look at sensorly, a lot of locations on the map have gotten darker purple as the build out proceeds, as Payne mentioned a few posts ago.

Grain of salt on half-finished network.

I'm in Chicago's O'Hare airport right now and pulling 6mbps down, streaming Netflix with no buffering. That's what we should be looking at for real world usage, not the burst fastest speed.

Sent from my Sprint iPad using Tapatalk HD

Little do people know that your bars on Android don't mean LTE signal. They could be connected to a towers ways off! I feel like if companies want to do LTE spedtesting, use the iPhone because it shows your actual signal as opposed to having to root or download aseperate app to see signal sstrength. Additionally the radio in all iPhones should be just as powerful as on another iPhone.