Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

20x20 Fdd

wow. that will be awesome. what will be theoretical maximum download speed? I had really good wimax reception so hopefully it will reflect on 2500mhz LTE. 

10x10? 

20x20 Fdd

None of the above.  20 MHz TDD.  It is unpaired spectrum.

AJ

• Like 2

20 mhz total?

full upload and full download

20mhz that can be carrier aggregated with another 20 mhz and so on (20+20). 

10:1 ratio that Clearwire uses for Wimax probably means theoreticals of ~100 mbps DL and ~20 mbps ul.

• Like 2

I have been thinking about this. I think that T-Mobile is doing cluster LTE site launches like Sprint NV3G rather than individual towers. This would explain why T-Mobile appears to have better speeds and coverage in a given area. The people still don't seem to know that Sprint is deploying for coverage over density right now because all I read is, Sprint has the slowest LTE network and that coverage is sparse. Likely they've never heard of an engineering screen or even an app that shows you your actual signal.

• Like 1

I have been thinking about this. I think that T-Mobile is doing cluster LTE site launches like Sprint NV3G rather than individual towers. This would explain why T-Mobile appears to have better speeds and coverage in a given area. The people still don't seem to know that Sprint is deploying for coverage over density right now because all I read is, Sprint has the slowest LTE network and that coverage is sparse. Likely they've never heard of an engineering screen or even an app that shows you your actual signal.

T-Mobile is most definitely waiting until an entire area is nearing completion before allowing access to the network. Sprint is the only one releasing the network tower by tower.

Sent from my HTC ONE

You should go on the LI thread, there is somebody mapping a bunch on Sensorly...in multiple locations of LI

Wasn't aware , ill check it out .

AGHHHH , theres been LTE mapped on Sensorly in Port Jeff & around East Meadow , I should have LTE very very soon YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS lol , im hyped lol goodnight yall.

T-Mobile is most definitely waiting until an entire area is nearing completion before allowing access to the network. Sprint is the only one releasing the network tower by tower.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I love that Sprint is allowing us to use LTE before launch. However, the more I read some comments on the internet the more I start to think it was a mistake.

AGHHHH , theres been LTE mapped on Sensorly in Port Jeff & around East Meadow , I should have LTE very very soon YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS lol , im hyped lol goodnight yall.

I think that site popped up a week or two ago on the complete sites thread.  Someone finally got around to mapping some of it for you.

I like how T-Mobile is rolling out their LTE, but coverage it too much of a factor in the U.S. to think about going to them. In many of the EDGE only areas on T-Mobile, Sprint has EVDO that is not heavily loaded. When I went to North Carolina, T-Mobile was giving me about 100 Kbps whereas on Sprint I would get near 2 Mbps speeds at all times.

Back on topic...

The LTE tower by my school has been giving me great speeds. My friends on Verizon are getting 5Mbps at the most but I am easily getting about 8Mbps while indoors. A few of them are actually switching to Sprint!

• Like 2

I like how T-Mobile is rolling out their LTE, but coverage it too much of a factor in the U.S. to think about going to them. In many of the EDGE only areas on T-Mobile, Sprint has EVDO that is not heavily loaded. When I went to North Carolina, T-Mobile was giving me about 100 Kbps whereas on Sprint I would get near 2 Mbps speeds at all times.

Back on topic...

The LTE tower by my school has been giving me great speeds. My friends on Verizon are getting 5Mbps at the most but I am easily getting about 8Mbps while indoors. A few of them are actually switching to Sprint!

Sprint ftw , Verizon is over rated , im pretty sure once Sprint has coverage like Verizon , Verizon will start losing customers .

Back on topic...

Agreed. I travel a lot and sprint is great every where i go. Had 4g lte in VA in the middle of nowhere (dumpfries) and was getting 28 down and 8 up and great voice mean while on the drive down my brother was complaining about only having edge everywhere and getting dropped calls. The networks dont compare

Actually, I hate to be the downer, but I just got back from a trip to Wisconsin, and I can tell you, Sprint's network there is consistently lacking. I spent more time roaming on Verizon or US Cellular than I did on native Sprint.

But back to the tread on hand, I was on Northern Blvd and 60th Street yesterday, eating at the Taco Bell there, and enjoyed a consistent 7-9mbps downlink speed.

Agreed. I travel a lot and sprint is great every where i go. Had 4g lte in VA in the middle of nowhere (dumpfries) and was getting 28 down and 8 up and great voice mean while on the drive down my brother was complaining about only having edge everywhere and getting dropped calls. The networks dont compare

Yeahh , Sprint's service in the less urbanized areas is good , when I went Upstate NY , I had service most of the time except in between towns , when im not in town service drops to the extended network , the coverage needs to be improved but otherwise speeds were good i mean for legacy towers .

When does sprint predict nv to be done in NY, I know they are currently behind but did they provide an update to when they think they will be done?

Nope, there is no estimated time table. Too many variables.

When does sprint predict nv to be done in NY, I know they are currently behind but did they provide an update to when they think they will be done?

I'm guessing officially announced by the summer, but as for complete NYC, I would say at the end of 2013.

I think NY is one of the more far ahead states. Nearly all of its GMO sites have work done already and are waiting for 4G which will happen later. NYC is good because it is one of the few cities where we are geting both 3G and 4G upgrades. In Miami for example the company responsible for the network in that area (I don't know if it is Ericsson or Samsung) prefer to do 4G upgrades and the legacy network is still in poor shape because they don't upgrade the 3G. Alcatel Lucent is doing a good job of getting the North East and New England done. That is why they are further ahead than Samsung and Ericsson.