Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

do you guys think this is sprint tower? this panel was ridiculously larger than other panels next to them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99814544/2013-05-17%2018.09.55.jpg

Certainly looks like an ALU NV panel with an old Nextel panel to the left.

Actually a RFS antenna. None of the 3 vendors doing NV upgrades have their own antennas. Easy to pick out as you can count the 3 ACUs at the bottom to control the 6 antennas.

I have seen those RRUs as well in other pics but I don't know them exactly as I am in an Ericsson market.

Sent from my little Note2

I have a quick question a little off topic but why does AT&T have all of this no coverage spots on Sensorly ?

http://tinypic.com/r/2r7ty05/5

Its like that on T-Mobile too & Sprint has a little bit at the start of Long Island , I honestly don't understand it can someone explain ,

The device mapping reports no coverage. It's an issue that plagues several devices (galaxy nexus cough cough) but all it means is that the device did not detect coverage at that point.

I have a quick question a little off topic but why does AT&T have all of this no coverage spots on Sensorly ?

http://tinypic.com/r/2r7ty05/5

Its like that on T-Mobile too & Sprint has a little bit at the start of Long Island , I honestly don't understand it can someone explain ,

Its detectable but not usable signal.  They may have used a powered device such as a portable hotspot to create that strip, as they often have stronger radios than a typical smartphone.  

Edit, lilotimz may have hit the nail on the head as phones such as the GNEX cause sensorly poison. 

Its detectable but not usable signal. They may have used a powered device such as a portable hotspot to create that strip, as they often have stronger radios than a typical smartphone.

Edit, lilotimz may have hit the nail on the head as phones such as the GNEX cause sensorly poison.

Ohhh , that makes sense , thanks , & I never really did like the GNEX .

Ohhh , that makes sense , thanks , & I never really did like the GNEX .

As far as radio performance is concerned the GNEX gets the doo doo poo poo award.  Brother has one and it never holds a consistent connection. 

As far as radio performance is concerned the GNEX gets the doo doo poo poo award. Brother has one and it never holds a consistent connection.

Yeahh , my friend has the same phone & has the same issue .

• Like 1

I went to the museum of art and design on 57st..parked around 63rd st and Broadway, noticed blazing speeds during rush hour!! ( 5:30pm)awesome to see midtown getting there. 

16mb down 8mb up 38ping!

The nexus sucks on Verizon too I dumped at after a week bad battery and bad signal

I think I will be making my way over to sprint in 2 to 3 weeks lets go!!!

not a good idea i think. i will wait until at least 50 percent of the towers has LTE and also when triband phones come out. 

I went to the museum of art and design on 57st..parked around 63rd st and Broadway, noticed blazing speeds during rush hour!! ( 5:30pm)awesome to see midtown getting there.

16mb down 8mb up 38ping!

I wouldn't call 57st midtown. How was the museum? How much is the fee to get in?

not a good idea i think. i will wait until at least 50 percent of the towers has LTE and also when triband phones come out.

I'm guessing the next iphone will be at least dual band with 1900/800 LTE . That's good enough. Yes Triband would be nice, but 800 will be sufficient.

I wouldn't call 57st midtown. How was the museum? How much is the fee to get in?

technically speaking everything between 14st and 59st is considered midtown. The museum was a bit sparse, but what was there was interesting..typically it's by donations to enter ($10 and up recommended) Definitely worth a look if your into art and design.