Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I don't get it , it seems as though Sprint has been moving a lot slower than before. When they first started the roll out of LTE in the NYC Market they seemed to be moving at a wayyy faster rate than now .

The first sites done are usually the ones where they have the least trouble in getting backhaul, permits approved, etc. As the market moves on, the easier sites get finished and the harder to work on sites begin which takes longer to finish. It holds true for basically every market. The last sites, or sites that are being last to begun, usually take the longest.

I don't get it , it seems as though Sprint has been moving a lot slower than before. When they first started the roll out of LTE in the NYC Market they seemed to be moving at a wayyy faster rate than now .

They are definitely not moving slower, In the city i have seen plenty of improvements, but since sensorly is all full of purple, its harder to tell where exactly the improvements are happening. But if you look closer, you will notice that it has gotten alot darker purple, meaning that coverage is improving.

Its funny that you say that...My battery has been stupendous as of late..and it is definitely attributed to having a more solid LTE and 3G connection...

Exactly. I don't always have a solid LTE connection. My iPhone 5 loves to hang on to the weakest useless LTE signals while I'm out so I just turned it off.

So our experiences differ slightly.

It has been moving along. You just don't hear about every little street being updated, since LTE has been around a ton of places and we don't get that excited any more to post each and every street. It's just a gradual process

Exactly. I don't always have a solid LTE connection. My iPhone 5 loves to hang on to the weakest useless LTE signals while I'm out so I just turned it off.

My iPhone 5 does the same. It's even worse when i have 1 bar and suddenly it connects to optimum wifi and its a weak signal there as well. Absolutely no connectivity and a battery draining. Very very annoying!!!

This is my typical days worth of battery, i did plug the charger in after about 12hrs for about 10min. You will also notice, its on mobile network almost the entire time! (2 gaps for airplane mode while riding the subway about 30min each way)

and a huge amount of screen on time as well 

Screenshot_2013-06-04-01-07-07.png

This is my typical days worth of battery, i did plug the charger in after about 12hrs for about 10min. You will also notice, its on mobile network almost the entire time! (2 gaps for airplane mode while riding the subway about 30min each way)

and a huge amount of screen on time as well 

14 hours is about averge battery time for most devices today. And even better than many other smartphones now. Wonder how many hours you will get when the buildout is complete :)

14 hours is about averge battery time for most devices today. And even better than many other smartphones now. Wonder how many hours you will get when the buildout is complete :)

I would say for average user, yes...but not the way i abuse my device...lol..I am an extremely heavy user. I would say a more normal user would get another 2-4hrs easily. In comparison, my GS3 would get me about 7-8hrs before NV installations were really underway in NYC, and abit worse after NV started.

• Like 1

I would say for average user, yes...but not the way i abuse my device...lol..I am an extremely heavy user. I would say a more normal user would get another 2-4hrs easily.

I consider myself a normal (or moderate) user and I avg between 15-16 hrs. On days that I don't really use it much at all, it can go 34-36 hrs easy.

• Like 1

My iPhone 5 does the same. It's even worse when i have 1 bar and suddenly it connects to optimum wifi and its a weak signal there as well. Absolutely no connectivity and a battery draining. Very very annoying!!!

Turn off LTE & Wifi then , keeping on the wifi all day even when ur not connected drains battery more than you know , don't have Wifi on unless u have a good stable connection . The same goes LTE . My iPhone 5 when im connected to LTE will generally stay in the 3-5 bar range its only when i get really far away from the tower that it drops

Edited by IsaiahL

LTE connection and speed seems to have picked up in the Ozone Park area, Woodhaven and 101st Avenue. Consistently connected at -95dBm and getting around 30-40 ms, 15/6 speeds.

3G has also improved. Around 100ms, 1.3/0.8 speeds.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1