Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

500 speedtests instead of looking at your LTE signal strength.

Lmaoo I guess. Today I got LTE & I didn't do a thousand Speedtest ever since you guys told me about wasting it .

Times like this make me wish I had a jailbroken iPhone. If I had a computer I'd do it.

It'd be nice if jailbroken iPhones had the ability to map LTE on sensorly.

It takes like 5 mins to jailbreak. Use a friends computer.

The more I think about it. Most LTE towers that were on a few weeks ago, now are shut off. Have a feeling that just a few are left to upgrade and within 2-3 weeks, the NYC will be officially launched and the towers will be turned on. It makes sense

While I can't speak of technical details that I know nothing about, especially in other boroughs, I can say that in Uptown Manhattan and the Bronx I have seen towers sporadically go on and off for testing. The same is true for the speeds. I'm Ok with it though because the market hasn't officially launched, it hasn't occurred for extended periods of time, and the way the coverage is spreading I'm never more than a few blocks away from an LTE signal.

The more I think about it. Most LTE towers that were on a few weeks ago, now are shut off. Have a feeling that just a few are left to upgrade and within 2-3 weeks, the NYC will be officially launched and the towers will be turned on. It makes sense

2 things... Sprint isn't just going to switch some sites off and leave them off for the magical launch day you guys keep putting on pedestal. Nothing special is going to happen that day except for one little thing...tickets can be opened on the LTE sites. That's it. The tower crews aren't going synchronize their watches and push a button at the same time. They network operation group aren't going to make the sites faster or stronger. Stop waiting for it. All that is going to happen is some PR guy is going to get a report of site completion/coverage. The dept is going to meet on it and agree on the release. The press release goes out. The maps are updated on Sprint.com. The tower crews continue to work as normal like nothing happened.

All the speedtests are really not needed. If you have a -110 LTE signal don't expect very fast LTE speeds. We don't need a huge screenshot to see it, the signal numbers speak for themselves. Try posting pictures of interesting stuff like workers, active panel installs, etc.

• Like 1

While I can't speak of technical details that I know nothing about, especially in other boroughs, I can say that in Uptown Manhattan andthe Bronx I have seen towers sporadically go on aand off for testing. The same is true for the speeds. I'm Ok with it though because the market hasn't officially launched, it hasn't occurred for extended periods of time, and the way the coverage is spreading I'm never more than a few blocks away from an LTE signal.

LTE tower is up about a block away from me but the site is on and off for the past two weeks. however, two other towers nearby are up 24/7 since they were turned on three weeks ago.

2 things... Sprint isn't just going to switch some sites off and leave them off for the magical launch day you guys keep putting on pedestal. Nothing special is going to happen that day except for one little thing...tickets can be opened on the LTE sites. That's it. The tower crews aren't going synchronize their watches and push a button at the same time. They network operation group aren't going to make the sites faster or stronger. Stop waiting for it. All that is going to happen is some PR guy is going to get a report of site completion/coverage. The dept is going to meet on it and agree on the release. The press release goes out. The maps are updated on Sprint.com. The tower crews continue to work as normal like nothing happened.

All the speedtests are really not needed. If you have a -110 LTE signal don't expect very fast LTE speeds. We don't need a huge screenshot to see it, the signal numbers speak for themselves. Try posting pictures of interesting stuff like workers, active panel installs, etc.

What is the reason they shut it off after a few weeks?

yessir!

What is the reason they shut it off after a few weeks?

They are working on something and need to take it offline. If it is more than one tower in an area, then it is likely cluster signal optimization. If it seems to be over a large chunk of the market, it could be related to the LTE core.

As digiblur has said above, they are not turning off sites to build anticipation or to have a grand lighting ceremony for launch day. Once a site is accepted and goes live, it stays live. But it may go off and on as needed to be worked on. And prior to launch, it is common for LTE signals to go on and off, in all markets.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 1