Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I sometimes want to grab a spork and gouge out my eyes when I read my posts just from 18-24 months ago!

Spork? Robert, have you been slumming with KFC?

:P

AJ

• Like 2

Does anyone know if Sprint updated there PRL recently? I am in NYC iPhone 4S and I have a PRL of 4394 it used to be a different number that I am sure of.

--

Chris

Last one I had was about 2 weeks ago for my iPhone 5. It's on 55012 right now.

Started from 31101 I think, then 55008, 55010, and now 55012.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it why sprint is putting lte on 99.9% of the sites to avoid what vzw did??

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Yep basically they will put LTE on each site possible to give you consistent coverage with better handoffs, etc.

Now then, I've been wondering if Sprint installs increased capacity on towers in very densely populated areas such as main roads and shopping centers. I have experienced higher speeds in such areas.

I believe that will come as well once the sites are deployed. Along with the NV upgrades, the network is monitored, and carrier upgrades will still happen as usage goes up.

Does anyone know if Sprint updated there PRL recently? I am in NYC iPhone 4S and I have a PRL of 4394 it used to be a different number that I am sure of.

--

Chris

Something is wrong with that, go to settings -> general -> about -> tap on the word CARRIER, and it should show the PRL.

--

Chris

Me too! I just did the ##873283# on my 4S and it changed from 51094 to 4394. Pretty weird..

• Like 1

I learned my hard lesson about life when I got mugged at 15. You don't know sh*t in life and you're just another unintelligent idiot spewing BS and acting like you know everything but then you get the wakeup calls. Your loved ones that you grew up with start passing away. Your friends that you thought will stay with you forever are drifting apart due to diverging interests. Then you do the one of the biggest thing in life and apply for college and get rejected from your dream school while all your friends leave town for UC Berkely, UCLA, UC Davis, UC Riverside, CSU's, NYU, etc...

Trust me. Be humble. Appreciate the input of others and especially your peers. You only have 15 in this world and grew up around electronics and easy access to everything. Older folks like Wiwiwiwiwiwiwaaaaa experienced a lot more in his 30+ years and learned plenty from his mistakes and past actions and regrets....

Anyways back on topic. I'm getting some hyper jealrous of your 3g tests....

All that ur saying i've experience besides college but i've delt with Love ones passing away , losing friends who I thought were gonna be there for an eternity but they stab me in the back . Besides what you guys may think about me & what i've misleadingly presented to you guys none of you actually know me you know my name not my back story , everyone I know says im a nice , humble , sweet , caring , smart , kinda guy & i am , no i don't everything which is a cold hard fact but I never said that i did but anywayssss lmao

I change what I said about those 3G speedtest when I took those speedtest I was close to Queens (remember I said I live on the borderline between Queens & Nassau County yeah) so it maybe a Tower that being tested on , im hoping & praying for that .

Edited by IsaiahL

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it why sprint is putting lte on 99.9% of the sites to avoid what vzw did??

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

How did Verizon handle it?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Step 1: Add panels

Step 2: Connect fiber backhaul.

Step 3: Move on to next tower.

Not very smart considering they didn't forsee their network getting bogged down after 2 years. Not enough capacity to support their current amount of subscribers. That's why complaints about Verizon's LTE being slow are beginning to pop up everywhere.

Not very smart considering they didn't forsee their network getting bogged down after 2 years. Not enough capacity to support their current amount of subscribers. That's why complaints about Verizon's LTE being slow are beginning to pop up everywhere.

I see. Thanks.

Are complaints really occurring from Verizon customers? Hmm *finger pyramid of evil contemplation* lol

• Like 1

Since they used a third spectrum range (700mhz) compared to their native 800 and 1900mhz, they basically just overlaid the network where they could.

• Like 1

Are complaints really occurring from Verizon customers? Hmm *finger pyramid of evil contemplation* lol

Some folks are complaining but due to data caps, they really can't do much about it. A single speed test batch will easily take up 300-500mb of useless data against the 2 or 4gb cap.

• Like 1

Since they used a third spectrum range (700mhz) compared to their native 800 and 1900mhz, they basically just overlaid the network where they could.

I also read that Verizon will be adding LTE to the AWS 1700 band.

Either way I think sprint is taking the necessary steps to become competitive again. I'm eager for Evdo on 800mhz.

I also read that Verizon will be adding LTE to the AWS 1700 band.

Either way I think sprint is taking the necessary steps to become competitive again. I'm eager for Evdo on 800mhz.

Sprint isnt putting evdo on 800 only 1x. Also vzw still isn't putting aws on every site

• Like 1

Me too! I just did the ##873283# on my 4S and it changed from 51094 to 4394. Pretty weird..

Well I remember my iPhone kept changing signal strength going into roaming and out of roaming, maybe this PLR fixes all this. I have no complaints thus far. My iPhone and Sprint service is amazing. I still believe once Sprint fixes all the tower we will be getting a huge migration of people from ATT and Verizon no doubt about it.

--

Chris

• Like 1