When looking at the Sprint site it shows a lot of the towers in the area with "Data Speed Upgrades"

Isn't that the backhaul? So you'd think a lot of the towers already have this completed. That said, I could be grossly incorrect in my thinking.

Yes, it is backhaul. But it could be additional T1 lines for a legacy site. It only shows backhaul upgrades for NV sites after they are completed.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Yes, it is backhaul. But it could be additional T1 lines for a legacy site. It only shows backhaul upgrades for NV sites after they are completed.

In your opinion, when do you think Orlando will see a launch of LTE throughout most of the city?

In your opinion, when do you think Orlando will see a launch of LTE throughout most of the city?

I would guess 60-90 days at this point. Although more and more coverage will be added every week until that point.

• Like 1

I live right up on research park and can confirm that I have LTE today... It's still only around 2500 mbps but it's actually active. There's another cell tower a little further (50 and 408 ish) that's giving lte as well. I'm pretty amped about it... Like I was for wimax initially only with the understanding that sprint is committed to lte

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

I live right up on research park and can confirm that I have LTE today... It's still only around 2500 mbps but it's actually active. There's another cell tower a little further (50 and 408 ish) that's giving lte as well. I'm pretty amped about it... Like I was for wimax initially only with the understanding that sprint is committed to lte

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

2500mbps!?

• Like 1

So I was in Waterford Lakes on 1/15/2013 between 8:00-8:30pm, and I caught 1-2 bars of LTE signal a couple hundred feet from the entrance of Best Buy, and I got some fairly decent speeds considering my distance from the tower in Avalon Park. The tower closest to Waterford Lakes apparently hasn't activated LTE yet, but here's the test I managed to get out there.

BAsasAZCAAAGoA7.jpg

That's pretty dang good for that range. On curry ford and alafaya I was parked at the PNC and picked up lte only got 1.6mbps at that range. Still beats 3g.

I swear I was at that same location on Sunday and didn't get diddly-squat... Either they had the towers off then or my phone isn't picking up LTE.

I have to check again this weekend, hopefully they have it up. I'd love at the very least to catch a glimpse of LTE.

I found a 4G signal in Merritt Island today, pretty close to the tower at SR 528 and Courtenay Pkwy. Then it disappeared and I had no data for the rest of my drive to KSC.

Going to donate so that I can see those tower location maps.

I was thinking about donating too. Is the $100 donation the one to be able to see tower locations, or is that if you donate below $100? I too would like to see the location maps, and see whats in those forums.

I was thinking about donating too. Is the $100 donation the one to be able to see tower locations, or is that if you donate below $100? I too would like to see the location maps, and see whats in those forums.

I think this will help to answer your questions. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Been doing a lot of Speed Tests in the Lake Mary area, they are still awful, but when I went to check network, it was eHRPD, so HOPEFULLY that means the switch is coming soon! Without being on WiFi its awful

Been doing a lot of Speed Tests in the Lake Mary area, they are still awful, but when I went to check network, it was eHRPD, so HOPEFULLY that means the switch is coming soon! Without being on WiFi its awful

Yeah, I am back down to 0.2Mbps on 3G whereas last week I was around 0.6 - 1.0 Mbps. Hopefully we see some LTE soon.

I was almost hesitant to get an LTE phone knowing that the LTE coverage was not soon to follow. My thought process was that all the people with WiMax phones switching to LTE phones would now be only on 3g because the LTE was not available and it would slow down the 3g network.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™ II via Tapatalk 2.

• Like 1

I was almost hesitant to get an LTE phone knowing that the LTE coverage was not soon to follow. My thought process was that all the people with WiMax phones switching to LTE phones would now be only on 3g because the LTE was not available and it would slow down the 3g network.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™ II via Tapatalk 2.

That is the exact reason I have not upgraded to an LTE phone yet.