Been doing a lot of Speed Tests in the Lake Mary area, they are still awful, but when I went to check network, it was eHRPD, so HOPEFULLY that means the switch is coming soon! Without being on WiFi its awful

I see that everytime I am connected to EVDO pretty much, I know eHRPD is the go between but does that mean the towers are upgraded?

ehrpd is not an indication of NV upgrades. They're software updates that allow seamless transfer between LTE and 3g. In some markets, they're turned on months ahead of upgrades. All it means is that your market is now in the preliminary stages and they're working on the LTE cores for your area.

• Like 1

ehrpd is not an indication of NV upgrades. They're software updates that allow seamless transfer between LTE and 3g. In some markets, they're turned on months ahead of upgrades. All it means is that your market is now in the preliminary stages and they're working on the LTE cores for your area.

Thank you. I was looking at older speedtests, and realized it has been in ehrpd for a while, With LTE growing like wildfire in CFL, I keep hoping that the switch for Lake Mary is coming soon. I am about 2 miles from the closest sighting on Sensorly (Lake Mary Bvld and 417, but from what I understand, that is coming from some Oviedo Towers) so I am just trying to stay optimistic that it is coming soon. The 3G has gotten so bad, that I have started to use a WiMAX phone again until LTE is near me.

I'm in map 4th floor at ucf and picked 4g from Oviedo tower. Speed test 2.6mbps.

No way!!! I'm on the same floor in the same building as you! Are you in a lab for Calc 1 by any chance? lol

And no sign of LTE for me. I have full bars on 3G so I don't think I'm connected to the same tower as you.

ok folks anyone with some tower location knowledge wanna help me out here. today was the second day in a row driving to work where i spotted a crane working on a tower. the rough location of this tower is between hoffner and judge rd just east of s conway rd. im not sure if this is a sprint tower, but if it is and they are adding the panels etc then we may finally start to see some lte action in the conway/airport area.

I'm in map 4th floor at ucf and picked 4g from Oviedo tower. Speed test 2.6mbps.

Not bad from such a distant site. You should be quite happy when the closer sites come live.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

LTE Alert!!! Just spotted in two places on UCF campus just now in the past 10 minutes!!! Between 11:50am-12:00pm on January 17th, 2013, I found a faint LTE signal on the western side of the Reflection Pond in front of the UCF Library and the Southern Exit of Garage A on University Blvd & Gemini Blvd!!! Both of these are not shown on Sensorly, and my iPhone can't map it. Anybody that is ever on campus with an Android device, keep Sensorly running!!!

• Like 1

I was in calc lab. What a coincidence lol. RM 406

No way!!! I'm on the same floor in the same building as you! Are you in a lab for Calc 1 by any chance? lol

And no sign of LTE for me. I have full bars on 3G so I don't think I'm connected to the same tower as you.

any LTE in sanford or Lake Mary yet?

In Lake Mary, NO. There have been a FEW sightings in Sanford. Lake Mary Blvd/417 there is LTE, and then around 25th street in Sanford there is some LTE. But NOTHING in Lake Mary, I ride my bike around the town daily looking for sites, I am going to keep doing it, so that when it DOES comes, I can map all areas that I can with Sensorly. Someone stated that they spot them working on a tower near Exit 92, which MIGHT reach some parts of Lake Mary. I have also seen SOME work done on some towers IN Lake Mary (Not 100% sure if they were Sprint or not, but looked like it) and have been on ehrpd for quite a while (to transition from 3G to LTE) so I am staying optimistic that it is coming to Lake Mary soon. Since LTE has hit CFL (really since Oviedo came online) it has been spreading rather quickly.

Will these updates improve coverage or just enhance existing coverage? I just moved and at my house I bounce between "Searching" and "Extended" with one bar of Sprint occasionally.

Wondering if I should tough it out or switch

I was in calc lab. What a coincidence lol. RM 406

Just recorded sensorly 4g at the gym at ucf looking good.

That's crazy, I have my class in the room right next to yours. Room 407 lol

And you're awesome for finding LTE at the gym. I work out over there like 4 days a week. How did you manage to find it there, and was the 4G consistent?

Just drove down Lake Underhill, granted it is probably the area with faint 4G but it was listed on Sensorly... nada.

I swear I have yet to get 4G in the areas listed on Sensorly. I doubt they turn them off every time I try to go look for it?

Gonna hit Avalon tomorrow.

Just drove down Lake Underhill, granted it is probably the area with faint 4G but it was listed on Sensorly... nada.

I swear I have yet to get 4G in the areas listed on Sensorly. I doubt they turn them off every time I try to go look for it?

Gonna hit Avalon tomorrow.

I have HEARD of some people with the EVO LTE having some issues, I do not have one to test for myself or I would, and again, these are just things I have heard from people for a site I help run. I was in Oviedo today (on my S3), and was driving all around, on LTE the entire time, man is it a difference from the shitty 3G speeds at the moment!

Well I just drove all through Avalon Park.

According to Sensorly the whole area has LTE... NADA

I even toggled LTE/CDMA on and off and nothing at all. Either my phone doesn't work properly or there is no LTE in the area anymore.

On that same token, I had a friend w/ my also with an EVOLTE and he said last time he was in Atlanta his phone had no problem connecting to LTE and he also was unable to get anything in Avalon...

I am really starting to doubt what people are recording on Sensorly, can there be false positives?