Hi where I live my phone signal was messing up and my 3g data wad slowing down alot so my mom called sprint and they said the towers were at 57% and that crews were fixing the towers does that mean they are installing 4g? The sprint rep on the phone said in 3 days it would be fixed

I'd believe it, my 3G is back to slow speeds again, can barely make it to 700kbps. Was pushing 1.5mbps about two weeks ago.

I just uploaded 1 more site as In Progress in the Orlando market over in the NV Sites Complete maps. It is located in a rural area off US 27 between Clermont and WDW. This site is actually accepted as complete with 4G Network Vision upgrades and will appear in next week's update.

Robert

How do you get into the "NV Sites complete map" ? When i rry the link, it says I need a password. I'm a manager at a 3rd party Sprint store and the information is valuable to customers. Certainly there CAN'T be a password for just one forum, right?

How do you get into the "NV Sites complete map" ? When i rry the link, it says I need a password. I'm a manager at a 3rd party Sprint store and the information is valuable to customers. Certainly there CAN'T be a password for just one forum, right?

You have to be a sponsor. Read:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Looks like some more LTE is live east of Mount Dora/north of Apopka on SR 46 on the Sensorly maps.

I mapped this on new years eve on the way home from a party. So Lake County is receving updates.

I'd believe it, my 3G is back to slow speeds again, can barely make it to 700kbps. Was pushing 1.5mbps about two weeks ago.

I getting about .02kbps down & up at the most and the tower for sprint is not even 2miles away

I getting about .02kbps down & up at the most and the tower for sprint is not even 2miles away

That is pretty much my entire experience with Sprint in Orlando. Full 5 bars of service and maybe 40kbps down.

Really have high hopes for Network Vision. Hoping there is some progress by the time the next iPhone comes out.

In some areas, you can pass two or three towers in the space of 2 miles, or go 6 miles without seeing a towers, so saying the tower is not even miles away doesn't mean much.

That is pretty much my entire experience with Sprint in Orlando. Full 5 bars of service and maybe 40kbps down.

Really have high hopes for Network Vision. Hoping there is some progress by the time the next iPhone comes out.

Towers are already going online with Network Vision enhancements in the Orlando market, it's only a matter of time before you start to see improvements. LTE will likely go live first, which might no benefit you directly, but it should take a bit of the load off the 3G network. Shortly after that, 3G enhancements should start to go live as well, which you will notice a dramatic increase in the performance of the 3G network. This should all be occurring in the next couple of months.

That is what I am counting on! I have been with Sprint since I was 14 (11 years).

I have the $50 SERO plan for my iPhone so I have been sticking it out with Sprint in hopes of network improvements.

I hope LTE launch will Help with the 3G. Even when I had my Palm Pre a couple years ago the speeds wee WAY better. I can barely stream pandora righ now.

Looks like they are on the right path at least.

In some areas, you can pass two or three towers in the space of 2 miles, or go 6 miles without seeing a towers, so saying the tower is not even miles away doesn't mean much.

Towers are already going online with Network Vision enhancements in the Orlando market, it's only a matter of time before you start to see improvements. LTE will likely go live first, which might no benefit you directly, but it should take a bit of the load off the 3G network. Shortly after that, 3G enhancements should start to go live as well, which you will notice a dramatic increase in the performance of the 3G network. This should all be occurring in the next couple of months.

Im getting really bad signal (a lot of dropped calls) and the tower is about 2 miles away and the 3g was good a few weeks ago but now its slowed down like craxy

I used the lte at ucf today. Its only available near the visual arts building. I was impressed with the speed though. Got around 17mbs which is plenty and 9mbs upload. Web pages load instantly nearly on the galaxy note 2. Also drove out to oviedo and got 28mbs and 11mbs. The oviedo connection was solid pretty much everywhere in the area. The UCF area is still spotty as Im sure there still working on it. Can't wait for general orlando area to get 4g crazy the differences between 4g and 3g.

Edited by samer21
  • Like 1

I used the lte at ucf today. Its only available near the visual arts building. I was impressed with the speed though. Got around 17mbs which is plenty and 9mbs upload. Web pages load instantly nearly on the galaxy note 2. Also drove out to oviedo and got 28mbs and 11mbs. The oviedo connection was solid pretty much everywhere in the area. The UCF area is still spotty as Im sure there still working on it. Can't wait for general orlando area to get 4g crazy the differences between 4g and 3g.

I dont have an LTE phone yet so I cant map that area. Hopefully someone can map the area on Sensorly.

So pretty much they are starting with areas that have WiMAX and then converting them to LTE??

Because I have WiMAX all over where I live so I think I should be getting lte February.

John young parkway with town center blvd

So pretty much they are starting with areas that have WiMAX and then converting them to LTE??

Because I have WiMAX all over where I live so I think I should be getting lte February.

John young parkway with town center blvd

No. They are working in the entire market. Up to The Villages and Palm Coast to the north, down to Port St. Lucie and Stuart in the south and over to Lakeland to the West, including the Orlando, Daytona and Melbourne/Palm Bay areas.

They are not focusing on WiMax areas first. Most of the sites live now are not in WiMax coverage areas. Where WiMax is currently has no bearing on the sites that complete every week.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I'm walking my whole way up Alaa

I drove down alafaya infront of ucf and the sensorly map is pretty much spot on with the coverage in that area.

I'm walking my whole way up that part of Alafaya today on my way to work, so I should have plenty of time to check out 4G LTE as long as it's still active. Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep you posted on what I find in a couple hours.

Edited by XXavierXX