Well I just drove all through Avalon Park.

According to Sensorly the whole area has LTE... NADA

I even toggled LTE/CDMA on and off and nothing at all. Either my phone doesn't work properly or there is no LTE in the area anymore.

I have read on other forums that sometimes you have to toggle airplane mode to get the LTE to connect. Have you tried that?

I have read on other forums that sometimes you have to toggle airplane mode to get the LTE to connect. Have you tried that?

I didn't try that today, but I did last time I was in Avalon to no avail.

Technically I guess I can't even call Sprint to complain about the device as they will just say there is no official 4G yet in Orlando as it is.

I will probably just give up the hunt and wait for the official announcement, or at the very least, wait for it to spread throughout a little more of the city.

Just wanted to see some 4G on my device! and do a speed test or few! lol Sometimes I wonder why I still stick around with Sprint, they have consistently been the most disappointing carrier I have ever had.

Will these updates improve coverage or just enhance existing coverage? I just moved and at my house I bounce between "Searching" and "Extended" with one bar of Sprint occasionally.

Wondering if I should tough it out or switch

Voice and 3G coverage will improve slightly on existing sites with these upgrades. Also a few months down the road, Sprint will be adding 800MHz voice to these sites. This will increase voice coverage pretty noticeably from existing sites. But not 3G.

Starting toward the end of 2013 and into 2014, Sprint will start adding LTE on 800, also, which will extend the range and in building performance for their LTE too.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I didn't try that today, but I did last time I was in Avalon to no avail.

Technically I guess I can't even call Sprint to complain about the device as they will just say there is no official 4G yet in Orlando as it is.

I will probably just give up the hunt and wait for the official announcement, or at the very least, wait for it to spread throughout a little more of the city.

Just wanted to see some 4G on my device! and do a speed test or few! lol Sometimes I wonder why I still stick around with Sprint, they have consistently been the most disappointing carrier I have ever had.

Sprint is not the carrier for everyone. If they don't meet your needs, you should go. However, since their network is being upgraded in your area, you should see what that does for you first.

On that same token, I had a friend w/ my also with an EVOLTE and he said last time he was in Atlanta his phone had no problem connecting to LTE and he also was unable to get anything in Avalon...

I am really starting to doubt what people are recording on Sensorly, can there be false positives?

Are you kidding? Absolutely not. We have had over a dozen members report and contribute mapping in Avalon, Oviedo, Cocoa. I've watched the areas grow every day.

There is no such things as false positives, really. These phones were connected to Sprint LTE inn these areas while running the Sensorly app.

It is possible the site was down and being worked on when you were in the area, or there was an issue with your device. But these are not false positives.

Are you kidding? Absolutely not. We have had over a dozen members report and contribute mapping in Avalon, Oviedo, Cocoa. I've watched the areas grow every day.

There is no such things as false positives, really. These phones were connected to Sprint LTE inn these areas while running the Sensorly app.

It is possible the site was down and being worked on when you were in the area, or there was an issue with your device. But these are not false positives.

Ok, I figured as much it is just funny that every time I've gone to the areas (be it Cocoa or Avalon) I get absolutely nothing nor does anyone else I know with a Sprint LTE device.

I am definitely going to stick it out with Sprint for at least another 3-4 months to see how they expand LTE. Hopefully they live up to the quick expansion that some members have been seeing. I haven't felt the love, but I do understand this is the preliminary stages of them testing things in Orlando so I really have no room to complain (yet).

I realize as well that even I may also just have the bad luck of going over to the areas when the towers are off.. could be completely plausible, but it seems like other folks seem to indicate they're always on pretty much.

Oh okay, I did not think the app for available for the iPhone thats why I was unsure. I had heard people in the past say that it wasnt on the iPhone, I figured it was because it looks almost identical to Sensorly, but was not sure.

Oh okay, I did not think the app for available for the iPhone thats why I was unsure. I had heard people in the past say that it wasnt on the iPhone, I figured it was because it looks almost identical to Sensorly, but was not sure.

The app is available, it's just not able to report data due limitations put in place by Apple.

• Like 1

Yeah no LTE in Avalon Park today. They definitely shut off the tower. Gotta check again next time I'm out there.

BBAybkfCIAEd1tr.jpg

THANK YOU!

Lol for a second I literally thought I was starting to go crazy. I guess it is extremely intermittent when it comes to them keeping these towers on/off... so I just hit Avalon on an off day.

Makes me feel a little better about my phone not being funky.

• Like 1

Is Sprint building a new tower in Port Orange, FL (Daytona Beach area)?

Today as I was driving home from work I noticed that a new cell tower was being constructed. Now I'm wondering if the tower is going to be a Sprint tower. I did some research online and this is what I found. Hopefully you guys can help me figure out who's building this new monopole tower.

http://wireless2.fcc...lingSystem=NNR#

https://wireless2.fc...&applOrLicKey=T

This is all the info I could find.

• Like 1

Is Sprint building a new tower in Port Orange, FL (Daytona Beach area)?

Today as I was driving home from work I noticed that a new cell tower was being constructed. Now I'm wondering if the tower is going to be a Sprint tower. I did some research online and this is what I found. Hopefully you guys can help me figure out who's building this new monopole tower.

http://wireless2.fcc...lingSystem=NNR#

This is all the info I could find.

I saw that today aswell. I'm going to check permits tonight..

edit:

http://www.volusia.o...ekly0106-12.pdf

Guessing they don't have to file for county permits?

Either that or they filed a WHILE ago..

Seeing that a communications building is going in makes me believe it is not sprint. They rarely use those. Keep an eye and post some pics to confirm.

• Like 1

I saw that today aswell. I'm going to check permits tonight..

edit:

http://www.volusia.o...ekly0106-12.pdf

Guessing they don't have to file for county permits?

Either that or they filed a WHILE ago..

The only permit I could find is with the city. The FCC has the owner listed as Capital Telecom. Surely there's a way to find out who Capital Telecom is building it for.

Seeing that a communications building is going in makes me believe it is not sprint. They rarely use those. Keep an eye and post some pics to confirm.

The building infront of it was destined to be a church in 2003 but was abandoned, And telecommunication companies usually build towers and lease to carriers.

Edit: http://www.capitalte...on+Blvd&range=3

• Like 1

Took a nap and had a dream that LTE was FINALLY in the Lake Mary area, I wake up look at my phone, and see only 3G, I was a sad panda. However, I hope this may be some sort of vision (i know.. i sounds crazy) that it is coming soon!!!!!!!!

So, this may not be relevant to anything but throughout the last few weeks after a member here pointed it out I noticed most of my time around my regular spots in Orlando I was connected to CDMA eHPRD(or whatever it is).

Today, I just happened to look, and in those exact same spots it was the old CDMA EvDO Rev. A.

Could this mean anything? or probably just them testing stuff?

Took a nap and had a dream that LTE was FINALLY in the Lake Mary area, I wake up look at my phone, and see only 3G, I was a sad panda. However, I hope this may be some sort of vision (i know.. i sounds crazy) that it is coming soon!!!!!!!!

I sure wish they hurry up. So far the closest LTE is on 417 near Lake Jessup on the sanford side. I got 30 mbps. Its close but not close enough.

So, this may not be relevant to anything but throughout the last few weeks after a member here pointed it out I noticed most of my time around my regular spots in Orlando I was connected to CDMA eHPRD(or whatever it is).

Today, I just happened to look, and in those exact same spots it was the old CDMA EvDO Rev. A.

Could this mean anything? or probably just them testing stuff?

CDMA -eHRPD at work today though... not sure why the other towers were reading EvDO,,

Oh well doubt it means anything

I guess I'm not the only person near or in the Mt Dora/Tangerine area mapping on sensorly. It's been about a week now since I first saw 4G on 441 near 44 & it's still working but still only getting around 8M/bs - 11M/bs

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

post-9019-1358951875643_thumb.jpg