This is not unusual in new markets. We have seen this before where LTE goes down, sometimes even for upntona week. Orlando has its own LTE core, and they are likely working through things getting it online.

Additionally, there are dozens of sites being worked on. They are not timed to bring you a steady trickle of sites coming online. Each comes online the moment it passes all inspections and is good to go. That makes the timing inconsistent and all over the place.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Are there any sites being worked on in Sanford/Lake Mary/Altamonte Springs? It doesn't seem like it, I live near a tower in Sanford and work near a towers in Altamonte and I never see any work being done. Im not sure how The Villages and Mont Dora get LTE before Altamonte/Orlando Airport/ Sanford Airport.

Are there any sites being worked on in Sanford/Lake Mary/Altamonte Springs? It doesn't seem like it, I live near a tower in Sanford and work near a towers in Altamonte and I never see any work being done. Im not sure how The Villages and Mont Dora get LTE before Altamonte/Orlando Airport/ Sanford Airport.

These types of comments really frustrate me. I have addressed this point 100 times in our forums.

This is not an add LTE to the cities upgrade. Sprint is overhauling its entire network. Every site, every switch. They upgrade sites on a first ready basis. Although you consider Lake Mary more important than Mount Dora, this is not how the deployment is occurring. It is occurring everywhere.

Often rural sites and sites in smaller communities go first because the infrastructure is often closer to the site and easier to connect to. Also, permitting and zoning is easier or not even required. This is not a Sprint issue, it is a local issue. And the only reason why other carriers may have deployed in urban and suburban areas first is because they didn't even upgrade their rural sites. Where Sprint is.

The whole market is being worked on. Every site. The ones in your area will be worked on the moment they are ready. But I'm not a fan of the "my community is more important than this other one" eliticism. Everyone deserves an upgraded network. And Sprint is bringing it to every site. Not creating a winners and losers list based on who they deem the most worthy.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 3

Hey guys I have a feeling that a huge area of LTE coverage is about to randomly show up somewhere around Orlando, just like what happened in Avalon Park 2 weeks ago. I'm starting to see LTE on my iPhone A LOT more often now than before.

Hey guys I have a feeling that a huge area of LTE coverage is about to randomly show up somewhere around Orlando, just like what happened in Avalon Park 2 weeks ago. I'm starting to see LTE on my iPhone A LOT more often now than before.

Frustrating

Edited by gf11speed

Has anybody seen signs of improved Sprint 3G around town? It's definitely improved in the eastern area.

I have definitely noticed an increase in speed in the winter garden area on 3g easily pulling 1-2mbps down now

Edited by Towerdragon

Where do you think its going to pop up?

Has anybody seen signs of improved Sprint 3G around town? It's definitely improved in the eastern area.

I've noticed improved speeds around Waterford Lakes Plaza... supposedly there was 4G there at some point but last few times I went the towers were off.

I commute between Research park and down 50 to 419&50 every day. I make sure to run sensorly about once a week or so. The sites seem to be turned off more than on. When I do pickup LTE it will typically have 0bars of signal (north side of cypresslakes community and tijuana flats on avalon). The Cypress lakes site got 1.8mbps down, 0.21mbps up, the avalon one got 0.21mbps down and 0.12mbps up. Like Robert says, things are being worked on, so I don't expect anything consistent until the market is actually live.

OT: Driving around where sensorly shows LTE coverage every day and not getting LTE bums me out. Wish it would color the areas 'yellow' or something when LTE phones are unable to pickup coverage in the area. Let people know there are issues/outtages, but I suspect it would only be useful for markets coming online. Maybe just have a "last 7 days" history of sensorly reportings option.

• Like 1

I commute between Research park and down 50 to 419&50 every day. I make sure to run sensorly about once a week or so. The sites seem to be turned off more than on. When I do pickup LTE it will typically have 0bars of signal (north side of cypresslakes community and tijuana flats on avalon). The Cypress lakes site got 1.8mbps down, 0.21mbps up, the avalon one got 0.21mbps down and 0.12mbps up. Like Robert says, things are being worked on, so I don't expect anything consistent until the market is actually live.

OT: Driving around where sensorly shows LTE coverage every day and not getting LTE bums me out. Wish it would color the areas 'yellow' or something when LTE phones are unable to pickup coverage in the area. Let people know there are issues/outtages, but I suspect it would only be useful for markets coming online. Maybe just have a "last 7 days" history of sensorly reportings option.

Lol I feel your pain, I've driven to areas that Sensorly showed as having LTE only to find out that the towers were off.

Super disappointing but way it goes when we're so early in the roll-out.

I just saw someone tweet that they are seeing LTE along Aloma Ave. in Winter Park. Anybody driving around in that area, try to map that part on Sensorly whenever you get the chance. The LTE progress is finally heading west toward downtown!

• Like 1

I just saw someone tweet that they are seeing LTE along Aloma Ave. in Winter Park. Anybody driving around in that area, try to map that part on Sensorly whenever you get the chance. The LTE progress is finally heading west toward downtown!

https://twitter.com/...971076960727041

S.O.B! I live right off Aloma Ave in between those two area codes (32792)

S.O.B! I live right off Aloma Ave in between those two area codes (32792)

Dude!!! Do an LTE search!!! I'm replying to you over LTE from my job right now!!! I see the Orlando expansion is happening very quickly!!!

I tried it with airplane mode, it hung for like a second and a half while searching for LTE before defaulting to CDMA. Then went and did the *#*#4636#*#* and switched the mode to just LTE under phone info, nothing. Just the x in the upper left corner of the signal bars. The 32765 code stops like two blocks east of me and 32789 is about roughly 10 minutes west of me

• Like 1

What part of town do you work?

I work at the Southern end of Oviedo on Alafaya and McCulloch. Also, I just found LTE at Dean & University, although its on the Sensorly Map already. I expect to have LTE at my house before Valentine's Day.

Where do you think its going to pop up?

I have no idea where LTE will pop up, but I do expect it to move westward, hopefully along University Blvd and along Colonial Dr. too.

I've noticed improved speeds around Waterford Lakes Plaza... supposedly there was 4G there at some point but last few times I went the towers were off.

True!!! Waterford Lakes has always had THE worst 3G service. I'm so glad improvements have been made over there. Also, I found LTE just outside the Best Buy in Waterford Lakes too. I caught LTE inside of Best Buy by the cash registers too.

Edited by XXavierXX

There is no order to which sites are being activated for LTE. They are simply readying each site as it becomes ready. Where the next one will be is anyone's guess, as they are not deploying by population, usage or anything like that. Once a site is ready to be upgraded (ie. backhaul, permits, equipment in place, teams in place) they jump on it.