I didn't get anything down curryford. I live cypress springs area and went down curry ford to alafaya and no 4g yet. So close but not yet. The tower I saw in Avalon is incredibly huge so that tower has some long range coverage I'm guessing that's why its out in bithlo and alafaya and lake Underhill.

Sensorly is showing a faint signal at the entrance to Cypress Springs at Curry Ford.

I was just out in Waterford lakes at 7:00pm. I did a service update and caught LTE for a brief 3 seconds or so before going back to 3G. I was connected to the faint tower from Avalon while I was over there. Apparently the tower closest to that area hasn't gotten an LTE upgrade yet.

I live pretty close to the area in Avalon that has LTE on the Sensorly maps and I drove all through the outside of Avalon and up Curry Ford where they "claim" there is LTE and got absolutely nothing at all.

I don't know if the HTC EVO 4G LTE has issues w/ LTE (I've heard this in the past, but never had LTE to know for sure), but I didn't get so much as a blip.

I was also in Waterford Lakes for hours yesterday and didn't so much a see a blip.

That said, I work on the west side of town and have definitely seen 3G speed improvements in areas where I used to have barely any data-speed at all.

Has anyone gotten LTE in Orlando w/ the HTC EVO 4G LTE? I'm beginning to think this phone is a dud!

I live pretty close to the area in Avalon that has LTE on the Sensorly maps and I drove all through the outside of Avalon and up Curry Ford where they "claim" there is LTE and got absolutely nothing at all.

I don't know if the HTC EVO 4G LTE has issues w/ LTE (I've heard this in the past, but never had LTE to know for sure), but I didn't get so much as a blip.

I was also in Waterford Lakes for hours yesterday and didn't so much a see a blip.

That said, I work on the west side of town and have definitely seen 3G speed improvements in areas where I used to have barely any data-speed at all.

Has anyone gotten LTE in Orlando w/ the HTC EVO 4G LTE? I'm beginning to think this phone is a dud!

Same thing happened with me a week ago when I walked up Alafaya right through the LTE coverage area shown on Sensorly. The first time, I was only on 3G, and then my 2nd and 3rd trips up to work, I had LTE. I wouldn't doubt that Sprint is turning the LTE towers on and off throughout the course of several days of testing before keeping them permanently on. Based on what I'be seen on the map lately, I would expect to see consistent LTE speeds in Avalon within the next 2 weeks or so. I also wouldn't expect LTE to hit downtown Orlando until February or March.

I hope it spreads over towards Sanford/Lake Mary soon.. Soo close to Oviedo, but we shall see. Coverage is getting better daily, but 3G speeds are HORRENDOUS in the Lake Mary area.. I dont get more than .3 down .1 up =/ so I use wifi almost whenever I can.. Hell when I am in Seminole Mall, it takes forever for me to be able to load a webpage on my phone when I have full bars, good voice connection, terrible data connection

Same thing happened with me a week ago when I walked up Alafaya right through the LTE coverage area shown on Sensorly. The first time, I was only on 3G, and then my 2nd and 3rd trips up to work, I had LTE. I wouldn't doubt that Sprint is turning the LTE towers on and off throughout the course of several days of testing before keeping them permanently on. Based on what I'be seen on the map lately, I would expect to see consistent LTE speeds in Avalon within the next 2 weeks or so. I also wouldn't expect LTE to hit downtown Orlando until February or March.

Excellent, that makes perfect sense.

Thank you for the info!

Driving down I-4 exit 92 I saw tower work... Appeared to be antennas and rru's being installed sat am... They were using a man lift instead of climbing....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

I saw them working on that tower on Friday already, also using the lift. Looked like the antennas and other equipment was already there, looked like they were checking the cables coming down from the antennas.

• Like 1

I saw them working on that tower on Friday already, also using the lift. Looked like the antennas and other equipment was already there, looked like they were checking the cables coming down from the antennas.

Is that in Altamonte?

I hope it spreads over towards Sanford/Lake Mary soon.. Soo close to Oviedo, but we shall see. Coverage is getting better daily, but 3G speeds are HORRENDOUS in the Lake Mary area.. I dont get more than .3 down .1 up =/ so I use wifi almost whenever I can.. Hell when I am in Seminole Mall, it takes forever for me to be able to load a webpage on my phone when I have full bars, good voice connection, terrible data connection

I noticed the same thing when I visited there a few days ago; Also whats with the sprint associates in the food court?

Anyone know how long it takes sensorly maps to update? I maped over 600 Lte points today, nothing on the maps yet.

I'd think possibly a day or two? Where did you map them?

In a new area?

They generally updated within 15 or 30 minutes, but there are many different zoom layers that have to be re-rendered, so sometimes it can take a while. Usually within an hour or two, you will see your new data show up. Occasionally there are hiccups where it takes longer. Take steps to make sure your phone is uploading your data points, and if it still doesn't show up, then there may be some work going on on the server side.

I'd think possibly a day or two? Where did you map them?

In a new area?

They generally updated within 15 or 30 minutes, but there are many different zoom layers that have to be re-rendered, so sometimes it can take a while. Usually within an hour or two, you will see your new data show up. Occasionally there are hiccups where it takes longer. Take steps to make sure your phone is uploading your data points, and if it still doesn't show up, then there may be some work going on on the server side.

Thanks

Its starting to show up now, just not at all zoom levels.

Route 27 a few miles north of I4 and upto and in lake Louisa State Park.

Edited by RSPC

I noticed the same thing when I visited there a few days ago; Also whats with the sprint associates in the food court?

I have always wondered three same thing... then there is like 3 kiosks.. but worst connection EVER there

At work i would usually get extremely slow response from 3G but the last month the speed has been dramatically better.

It is strange, it isn't even the actual speed per-say but apps load data so much faster on my device..

Hopeful LTE is on the horizon... but even the better 3g helps!

Upsets me to see Third round markets destroying progress in Orlando which was a "second" round.. must be major backhaul here

When looking at the Sprint site it shows a lot of the towers in the area with "Data Speed Upgrades"

Isn't that the backhaul? So you'd think a lot of the towers already have this completed. That said, I could be grossly incorrect in my thinking.

You could be correct, I have not checked the Sprint site in a while, I generally check here and Sensorly. If a lot of sites HAVE been done, I hope they flip the switch soon, BC checking that out, 2 towers close to me have gotten upgrades. I guess time will tell. It is slowly growing here, I am just impatient being white close to LTE sightings, but just a little bit out of reach :(

You could be correct, I have not checked the Sprint site in a while, I generally check here and Sensorly. If a lot of sites HAVE been done, I hope they flip the switch soon, BC checking that out, 2 towers close to me have gotten upgrades. I guess time will tell. It is slowly growing here, I am just impatient being white close to LTE sightings, but just a little bit out of reach :(

Same I am like less than 5 miles from where they have LTE currently... it sucks!