I live in Lake Mary and travel around the whole town and a lot of Sanford but still haven't gotten an LTE signal. Hopefully it will come soon though! Going to try driving down 417 in a little and see if I can pick it up.

Even in the areas reported on sensorly? Only if you could see the current accepted towers too.

I'm all but certain that the signals picked up around UCF and 417 are coming from the Oviedo site, based on the signal strengths.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm all but certain that the signals picked up around UCF and 417 are coming from the Oviedo site, based on the signal strengths.

True, what is the approximate radius that the signal from an LTE tower can reach? I didn't know the Oviedo site could reach all the way over here by 417, if that's even possible.

True, what is the approximate radius that the signal from an LTE tower can reach? I didn't know the Oviedo site could reach all the way over here by 417, if that's even possible.

We have had sites in Kansas reach 8-10 air miles, with little or no downtilt, installed up high. At that kind of distance, the signal would be weak and the speeds mediocre. Which is what has been reported around UCF so far.

Whoa! 10 miles??? That's quite a distance! I can't wait til the one on Quadrangle is finished then! :lol:

It can be as little as two blocks though. If they install the site low and or have steep downtilt. They make small cells intentionally for greater capacity in a lot places.

I hope CFL can be complete by end of month

It will take several more months. Every week the coverage will grow more and more.

Looks like Melbourne got a new tower of LTE, based off Sensorly! I'm up in Lake Mary now too and hope for NV soon; however, I am seeing 3G speeds of 1Mbps where in October I was at 0.1Mbps.

The new North Melbourne site showed up in our weekly NV Sites Complete maps published last night in the Sponsor section. However, based on Sensorly readings, there may even be a second site live in Melbourne. But only one accepted from Sprint as of Saturday.

Whoa! 10 miles??? That's quite a distance! I can't wait til the one on Quadrangle is finished then! :lol:

Towers in central Illinois can do the 10 miles then another 5 generally. That kind of signal comes from the towers that are 265+ feet tall. At that height the workers should really notice the wind and sway of the tower. I'm alright climbing mountains but a tower at that height would not interest me in the least. There are some videos from some of the highest towers in the US when a person has to go change the lightbulb. Anyway, signal at that distance usually doesn't seem to be too bad unless you go down a slight hill or have some trees/buildings in the way.

Sprint is on the same rack:

Nextel License Holdings 299 ft

Edited by userkv8031

Towers in central Illinois can do the 10 miles then another 5 generally. That kind of signal comes from the towers that are 265+ feet tall. At that height the workers should really notice the wind and sway of the tower. I'm alright climbing mountains but a tower at that height would not interest me in the least. There are some videos from some of the highest towers in the US when a person has to go change the lightbulb. Anyway, signal at that distance usually doesn't seem to be too bad unless you go down a slight hill or have some trees/buildings in the way.

Sprint is on the same rack:

Nextel License Holdings 299 ft

You can certainly get over 10 miles with CDMA in ideal deployment conditions. However, LTE on 1900 will not likely ever exceed 10, even in the best of conditions. LTE signal is too fragile beyond -95 RSSI (-120 RSRP) for your device to be able to use.

Robert

You can certainly get over 10 miles with CDMA in ideal deployment conditions. However, LTE on 1900 will not likely ever exceed 10, even in the best of conditions. LTE signal is too fragile beyond -95 RSSI (-120 RSRP) for your device to be able to use.

Robert

I didn't realize signal became so fragile at what is a common signal level. I would guess 800 would go a bit farther. Those 250-300' towers will be interesting to watch...just getting everything to the top. I bet those will be ground mounted RRU's (no 800 :( ) and reusing the panels if possible.

Looks like Melbourne got a new tower of LTE, based off Sensorly! I'm up in Lake Mary now too and hope for NV soon; however, I am seeing 3G speeds of 1Mbps where in October I was at 0.1Mbps.

Where about in LM are up getting that? I'm only getting .1-.3 on 3G =/ and I'm by SCC

How is it that even metro pcs has more lte coverage in Orlando than sprint .... Thats really disappointing

MetroPCS is like a slumlord with a couple of buildings in a few cities. Sprint is like a landlord with numerous properties across every major/minor city in the country. That you would suggest the two are even remotely comparable is, honestly, laughable.

Fact: Sprint has far more work to do than MetroPCS does, and the Network Vision timeline reflects that much greater workload.

AJ

• Like 1

Fact: Sprint has far more work to do than MetroPCS does, and the Network Vision timeline reflects that much greater workload.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Metro actually has no work to do... All that they do is pay Verizon a premium for the spectrum that they use

Metro actually has no work to do... All that they do is pay Verizon a premium for the spectrum that they use

No, that is inaccurate. MetroPCS has overlaid its own LTE network, albeit small scale and low bandwidth.

AJ

• Like 1