There is no order to which sites are being activated for LTE. They are simply readying each site as it becomes ready. Where the next one will be is anyone's guess, as they are not deploying by population, usage or anything like that. Once a site is ready to be upgraded (ie. backhaul, permits, equipment in place, teams in place) they jump on it.

Oh I know, I am just hoping that it comes towards Lake Mary soon. I know they dont do it based on population. They need permits, etc.

Another thing I don't understand, if we are so close to having coverage, then why hasn't Sprint announced our city as one of those to launch "in the coming months"? Something isn't adding up. Either there is some uncertainty/unknowns for Orlando, or we are not expected to launch in "the coming months."

Another thing I don't understand, if we are so close to having coverage, then why hasn't Sprint announced our city as one of those to launch "in the coming months"? Something isn't adding up. Either there is some uncertainty/unknowns for Orlando, or we are not expected to launch in "the coming months."

Orlando was listed in one of the press releases from Sprint, and I have it on my map as well. Orlando has several sites live now with LTE, as well as 3G improvements. All of central and southern Florida is receiving upgrades right now, and most areas will be launching within the next several months. Coverage will continue to expand and get denser across the whole Orlando market, whether or not Sprint announces anything about it. The crews will not stop working until it is done.

• Like 1

Orlando was listed in one of the press releases from Sprint, and I have it on my map as well. Orlando has several sites live now with LTE, as well as 3G improvements. All of central and southern Florida is receiving upgrades right now, and most areas will be launching within the next several months. Coverage will continue to expand and get denser across the whole Orlando market, whether or not Sprint announces anything about it. The crews will not stop working until it is done.

The odd thing is, they "accidentally" announced Orlando in one of the early press releases and since removed it. There currently exists no press releases with Orlando. It's nice to know they are working on it, but I just wonder what the reason for them not officially announcing it even till this day with all things considered. Surely they have to have a reason.

The odd thing is, they "accidentally" announced Orlando in one of the early press releases and since removed it. There currently exists no press releases with Orlando. It's nice to know they are working on it, but I just wonder what the reason for them not officially announcing it even till this day with all things considered. Surely they have to have a reason.

All the information that we have at this time points to Orlando launching in the next several months. I don't not know why it was removed from their press release, I think that was a mistake. And it has been a mistake not to add it back in, seeing as the improvements in Orlando are already beginning.

These types of comments really frustrate me. I have addressed this point 100 times in our forums.

This is not an add LTE to the cities upgrade. Sprint is overhauling its entire network. Every site, every switch. They upgrade sites on a first ready basis. Although you consider Lake Mary more important than Mount Dora, this is not how the deployment is occurring. It is occurring everywhere.

Often rural sites and sites in smaller communities go first because the infrastructure is often closer to the site and easier to connect to. Also, permitting and zoning is easier or not even required. This is not a Sprint issue, it is a local issue. And the only reason why other carriers may have deployed in urban and suburban areas first is because they didn't even upgrade their rural sites. Where Sprint is.

The whole market is being worked on. Every site. The ones in your area will be worked on the moment they are ready. But I'm not a fan of the "my community is more important than this other one" eliticism. Everyone deserves an upgraded network. And Sprint is bringing it to every site. Not creating a winners and losers list based on who they deem the most worthy.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

There is no order to which sites are being activated for LTE. They are simply readying each site as it becomes ready. Where the next one will be is anyone's guess, as they are not deploying by population, usage or anything like that. Once a site is ready to be upgraded (ie. backhaul, permits, equipment in place, teams in place) they jump on it.

I do not recall any press release saying MCO was getting service NOW! All I recall was seeying a press release indicating Orlando was part of the 2nd Round of Update/Upgrades.

If anyone thinks MCO is behind other TINY towns take a look at NYC! One would think that Manhattan; "THE CENTER OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT" (according to some at least); would have by now been fully deployed. Well, that is not the case. LTE can only be found in midtown, not Wall Street not SoHo, not the village. Not even LGA or JFK have LTE. The Bronx has more LTE than any other Burrough of NYC and the only POI's in The Bronx are the Yankee Stadium and The Bronx Zoo!!.

I am itching as much as the next person for some LTE. I want to be able to tell my customers an exact date instead of soon soon soon and get them off my back. However I understand that just like Rome was not built in one day neither will LTE. Sprint is not doind a press release for markets or Tiny cities unless a certain percent of the network is operational.

Want to get a better idea of what is going on? Become a sponsor and get access to maps...

My apologies if I offend anyone with my response. Not my intent; just tired of the whole "I am not getting it NOW!

@l3x

• Like 2

The Bronx also was 1 of the bigger sites for Wimax as well...when I used to live in Ny the Bronx, Westchester county and Brooklyn all had Wimax...only time I get to see it use LTE is near Mt Dora on 441, not too often it's only when I drove that route to that location. Plus I am only getting about 8-10mbs

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

All the information that we have at this time points to Orlando launching in the next several months. I don't not know why it was removed from their press release, I think that was a mistake. And it has been a mistake not to add it back in, seeing as the improvements in Orlando are already beginning.

Where have they removed Orlando from deployment list? Each Press Release is an addition to the previous ones. They don't remove cities.

Also, deployment is going on now in the Orlando area. Over a dozen sites live and more coming every week. So obviously they haven't removed Orlando. Get a grip, man.

Where have they removed Orlando from deployment list? Each Press Release is an addition to the previous ones. They don't remove cities.

Also, deployment is going on now in the Orlando area. Over a dozen sites live and more coming every week. So obviously they haven't removed Orlando. Get a grip, man.

They removed Orlando from one of the early press releases. I contacted the admin who posted the news article and he said it was an accident. So they haven't actually announced Orlando.

Edited by gf11speed

They removed Orlando from one of the early press releases. I contacted the admin who posted the news article and he said it was an accident. So they haven't actually announced Orlando.

They did not. This is not accurate. Orlando is actively being deployed now. There are sites live now. Are you dense?

Provide a Sprint Press Release proving your point. Any other future trolling and you'll be banned.

They did not. This is not accurate. Orlando is actively being deployed now. There are sites live now. Are you dense?

Provide a Sprint Press Release proving your point. Any other future trolling and you'll be banned.

I realize Orlando is actively being deployed. That's not what I'm referring to. I am simply referring to the fact they removed it from a news press release early on. When I get home I will post the news press release that I'm talking about. Better yet, find me a news press release that has Orlando in it that is directly from the Sprint website. I'm not trying to troll I apologize if I am coming off that way.

I realize Orlando is actively being deployed. That's not what I'm referring to. I am simply referring to the fact they removed it from a news press release early on. When I get home I will post the news press release that I'm talking about. Better yet, find me a news press release that has Orlando in it that is directly from the Sprint website. I'm not trying to troll I apologize if I am coming off that way.

Here's my point. When the original press release came out saying Orlando, there were already crews starting work in the market. So it was accurate.

Also, Orlando is just as far or farther along as other cities announced with it. So it was accurate.

I personally would not have announced Orlando when they did. If I were Sprint, I would only announce cities as coming just as the very first LTE sites are coming live. Then people will see something tangible right after the announcements. So I'm not a fan of their current system.

But that being said, with they way they are issuing press releases and deploying LTE, when Sprint issued the PR about Orlando, it was accurate. And no recision would be necessary.

Here is the link to the press release in question. It seems originally it had Orlando listed but now it does not. I think the point is moot since we are obviously getting LTE now.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2382

These are additional cities added to the previous cities announced. These are not replacements. Each new announcement are more cities, they do not keep restating the old ones. Our news articles on the wall have made this point over and over again. There aren't any mistakes in the cities posted.

• Like 1

Came over to Orlando from the Tampa area today, by way of SR50. Found a new tower (that is, one not reported on Sensorly), west of Clermont. Got brief LTE on the west side of "the summit" on SR50, presumably from a site a little further down US27. But once I entered Groveland, I had strong LTE, and kept it all the way through Groveland, and into the eastern half of Mascotte, before getting demoted to 3G for the rest of my trip back home. It seems like the signal was coming from the tower on the south side of 50, just west of 565A--or at least that's where my reception peaked.

Speeds were upwards of 20 down, 9 up.

If it's not on Sensorly yet, it should appear soon.

Came over to Orlando from the Tampa area today, by way of SR50. Found a new tower (that is, one not reported on Sensorly), west of Clermont. Got brief LTE on the west side of "the summit" on SR50, presumably from a site a little further down US27. But once I entered Groveland, I had strong LTE, and kept it all the way through Groveland, and into the eastern half of Mascotte, before getting demoted to 3G for the rest of my trip back home. It seems like the signal was coming from the tower on the south side of 50, just west of 565A--or at least that's where my reception peaked.

My sister in law told me she had lte from clermont to stuckey, then got it back after stuckey, but lost it once she past hwy 48. She does not know about sensorely, but I'm gonna install it for her for next time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

omg Is getting closer to my neck of the woods come on LTE

well now, it looks like all of Aloma Ave (including my area) has been covered as well as parts of SR436, however, it appears they are either being tested or off at the moment as I'm only getting 3G. Tried mapping my area when I was walking the dog, only got a few 3G spots and some new Wifi spots to show up

Edited by UCFKnight

Based what I see on the Sensorly Map, there is LTE coverage everywhere around my house, but not quite in my neighborhood just yet. Looks like my side of town is getting LTE a whole lot faster than the Disney area is. I hope to see LTE at home within the next couple of days or so. I'm excited!

• Like 1