I'm walking my whole way up Alaa

I'm walking my whole way up that part of Alafaya today on my way to work, so I should have plenty of time to check out 4G LTE as long as it's still active. Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep you posted on what I find in a couple hours.

Did your new iPhone just arrive? Congrats, looks like you're in 1% of the city that has LTE lol Let us know how it is

I'm walking my whole way up that part of Alafaya today on my way to work, so I should have plenty of time to check out 4G LTE as long as it's still active. Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep you posted on what I find in a couple hours.

I wonder how far into UCF/Research Park the signal will reach. There are a couple of towers inside the campus so I would assume probably not too far but it should be good for that area of University Blvd.

So I walked this whole way up Alafaya on my way to work between 3:00-3:30pm on 1/4/13, and I didn't catch an LTE signal at all the whole way, so I'm assuming the LTE tower was shut off for the time being. I'll still be on the lookout. I'll run a speed test for you guys as soon as I see LTE for the first time.

post-8165-0-13324600-1357345894_thumb.jpg

Edited by XXavierXX
  • Like 1

So I walked this whole way up Alafaya on my way to work between 3:00-3:30pm on 1/4/13, and I didn't catch an LTE signal at all the whole way, so I'm assuming the LTE tower was shut off for the time being. I'll still be on the lookout. I'll run a speed test for you guys as soon as I see LTE for the first time.

That's unfortunate. They turned it off temporarily at Disney for a while too. It'll probably be back soon. But as Sprint would say:

"We're excited about it too! Check sprint.com/LTE for updates! -NITWIT"

Edited by gf11speed
  • Like 1

I really need to get an LTE phone. I travel all around central Florida from Tampa to Daytona, and sometimes up in Gainesville. I do roofing for a living, so I could possible get LTE in a few areas already. I really hope it comes to Auburndale soon, so I can get rid of my Evo 3D. The only reason I like it is b/c atm I work in Tampa and get great Wiimax connections. If I get a Note 2 I'll be stuck with 3g possibly. It's not bad in all areas, but some it is. I got my wife a Note 2, but she only works in Winter Haven, so she can't test it out much. I told her to keep an eye on her signal to see if LTE ever comes on.

I really need to get an LTE phone. I travel all around central Florida from Tampa to Daytona, and sometimes up in Gainesville. I do roofing for a living, so I could possible get LTE in a few areas already. I really hope it comes to Auburndale soon, so I can get rid of my Evo 3D. The only reason I like it is b/c atm I work in Tampa and get great Wiimax connections. If I get a Note 2 I'll be stuck with 3g possibly. It's not bad in all areas, but some it is. I got my wife a Note 2, but she only works in Winter Haven, so she can't test it out much. I told her to keep an eye on her signal to see if LTE ever comes on.

On the note 2 when the lte comes on it just says 4g on the top. Ya I would hang onto the evo 3d for at least 3 more months.

How is it that the Disney area gets LTE before the rest of the town? Thats just not cool...

Robert mentioned that its possible that backhaul was hardly an issue there. Plenty of fiber to go around.

I was under the impression that Orlando and the central florida area were one of the areas with lots of fiber to go around...

Just want to have a more definitve answer for my customers.

Robert mentioned that its possible that backhaul was hardly an issue there. Plenty of fiber to go around.

Exactly...

Then again they Sprint might not be using Brighthouse for backhaul. Thought I dont see why not. Brighthouse prides itself in having an all fiber net... or so they say...

I see Sensorly tracks around Brighthouse Stadium. Could they be working on the tower that is near there, on campus (OR70XC005)?

Alright!!! Good news guys!!! I took another trip up Alafaya by UCF and caught LTE for the first time!!! I knew I was going to lose the faint signal, so I took as many speed tests as I could while I had the chance!!! I can't upload photos on here for some reason, but here's the best LTE speed I got for you guys so far!!! http://twitter.com/XXavierXX/status/288016431059197952/photo/1

• Like 1

3G appears to be back up again as I'm getting consistent speeds in between the 1.75 to 2mbps range.

What area of Winter Park are you picking up consistent 3G speeds like that? I have never come close to that on 3G before.

I am in between the Aloma Bowling alley and Ranger Blvd. The tower it has me connected to appears to be coming from the corner of SR 436 and Aloma (SR 426) according to Open Signal, though I know there is no tower in that general area, though there is one further up University by Fullsail. I can post the screenshots in a bit.

Edited by UCFKnight

I live in Lake Mary and travel around the whole town and a lot of Sanford but still haven't gotten an LTE signal. Hopefully it will come soon though! Going to try driving down 417 in a little and see if I can pick it up.

What area of Winter Park are you picking up consistent 3G speeds like that? I have never come close to that on 3G before.

Here's the speedtest, the server I connected with was Cocoa which was the closest to the area (about 60miles away). There was a BrightHouse server at one time that you could use but that isn't available anymore for some reason. I've been checking it now and its dropped considerably since this afternoon.

post-1198-0-15457700-1357521973_thumb.png

Here's the speedtest, the server I connected with was Cocoa which was the closest to the area (about 60miles away). There was a BrightHouse server at one time that you could use but that isn't available anymore for some reason. I've been checking it now and its dropped considerably since this afternoon.

Damn. I get like .4mb down .1up here in Lake Mary... Hopefully the Oviedo market will start spreading the way!