Network Vision/LTE - DFW Market (Dallas/Ft. Worth/Wichita Falls)

purpleunicorn

Well now I am back in the office, and the phone indicates 4 bars, but when I tested calling my phone it did not ring.  This is all very frustrating.  Maybe because I need to switch the phone back to global from CDMA/LTE?  If im going to have to manually switch every day this is going to be a problem.

How long has Wi-Fi calling been active on your account? Less than a few days, then you may want to do this from the dialer screen:

##72786#

And let your phone re provision itself.

thanks I'll try that!

Edit: still won't send

Did you happen to read AJ's post above?

I was just trying to understand the point in your post.

S4GRU is not a Sprint recruitment nor retention site. It is an education site. If you wish to educate yourself, become an S4GRU sponsor -- to help the non profit site defray its significant costs -- and learn where the Sprint sites are in your area(s) of interest and which sites have been Network Vision upgraded.

AJ

Maybe move this to the DFW thread? Maybe the peers for DFW can give him more local insight non locals can't?

Edited by lilotimz

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sprint is the tale of two networks in Dallas. In some ways the triband is great and I switch between the bands seamlessly. In other cases, I have 0mbps or am roaming. Have to say though, a few well places B26 and B41 sites will fix 'er right up!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sprint is the tale of two networks in Dallas. In some ways the triband is great and I switch between the bands seamlessly. In other cases, I have 0mbps or am roaming. Have to say though, a few well places B26 and B41 sites will fix 'er right up!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Agreed. I have similar issues as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't tell you how giddy I am this week. I walked into a Sprint store this past weekend and upgraded my S3 to a Nexus 6. Wonderful phone. My office sits just off Valley View on the East side of DFW and is notorious for no signals (sprint,ver,att). 11 years I've worked here and little to no signal, even outside. Here is what my N6 has been latched onto the last two days.

e0165dfe0e3d401009493cedba0e1181.jpg

6765de3b5abc302c9ddd2ef48ff51a4d.jpg

• Like 2

Can't tell you how giddy I am this week. I walked into a Sprint store this past weekend and upgraded my S3 to a Nexus 6. Wonderful phone. My office sits just off Valley View on the East side of DFW and is notorious for no signals (sprint,ver,att). 11 years I've worked here and little to no signal, even outside. Here is what my N6 has been latched onto the last two days.

There is just no going back once you get a Triband phone in an area with multiple LTE bands.  :tu:

e0165dfe0e3d401009493cedba0e1181.jpg

6765de3b5abc302c9ddd2ef48ff51a4d.jpg

Congrats! I expected DFW to be better covered by B41 when I recently went from the S3 to the GN4 but I live a little south of 20 and I never see it unless I go to north Dallas and some parts of southeast Dallas.

• 8 months later...

Got some CA today off of Heritage Trace and Denton Highway. Didn't stick long enough to get a speed test.

245d92347e272770ee20933be99dc07a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

From my experience you will need to have -99 RSRP or better for CA to stick. I usually drop CA at -100 RSRP or worst on my S6.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

How are things now?  :)

I shall being traveling to Dallas tomorrow for the first time, specifically Addison.

Texas is by far sprint's strongest market.

Just returned from my Dallas trip.  I found data reliability and speeds to be mediocre (compared to LTE Plus coverage I am used to in DC + Indianapolis).

• 7 months later...