Network Vision/LTE - DFW Market (Dallas/Ft. Worth/Wichita Falls)

purpleunicorn

I've heard there are major issues in Dallas, but even the highest levels of sprint won't tell me what is wrong with the towers.  It has been over 2 years and they keep pushing back the dates on the towers.  I am being service by the Sprint tower on Mockingbird Avenue.

Get a triband device and try it for 14-30 days. If it's not good within the time frame you are free to leave. Also a FYI -- The galaxy s2 historically had a below average radio. Any device today, especially tribands, are heads and shoulders above the phones of yesteryear(s) in terms of reception. 

• Like 1

I've heard there are major issues in Dallas, but even the highest levels of sprint won't tell me what is wrong with the towers.  It has been over 2 years and they keep pushing back the dates on the towers.  I am being service by the Sprint tower on Mockingbird Avenue.

I've not had major issues when in Dallas. Just b41 isn't like what they say on the coverage maps. Or what its like compared to the acceptance reports. Honestly I'd try a new phone to see if its any better. The different phones can have different experiences RF wise, which can make service bad or good.

Get a triband device and try it for 14-30 days. If it's not good within the time frame you are free to leave. Also a FYI -- The galaxy s2 historically had a below average radio. Any device today, especially tribands, are heads and shoulders above the phones of yesteryear(s) in terms of reception. 

I asked them about this at the Sprint corporate store and they said it would be a restocking fee of 50$.  

Then it wasn't a corp store, sprint has $35 restock fees.

Yes, I was reminded yesterday at the Sprint store when I upgraded my GS3 to a G3 there was a $35 restocking fee, not $50.

So they charge you because their service is sub par?  Got to love coporate america  :)

just kidding!

Ill get the tri band device, wish me luck!  They are also offering a free tablet so its worth it!! and 150$ gift card with the G3

Edited by ayomateo

I asked them about this at the Sprint corporate store and they said it would be a restocking fee of 50$.

Easy go to target, or best buy get a Device, return within 14-days if not satisfied. Sprint corporate stores charge a $35 restocking fee. Retail chains like Target do not.
  • Like 4

So they charge you because their service is sub par?  Got to love coporate american :)

just kidding!

That charge is to offset the cost of refuebing the device, as well as the commission they pay(if they don't lose the commission from the return)

Ill get the tri band device, wish me luck!  They are also offering a free tablet so its worth it!! and 150$ gift card with the G3

I am also interested in the LG G3. Please tell us your experience! :)

I can tell you that the G3 is an awesome phone. My experience my be a little different than most on here since I came from the iPhone 5 and haven't spent much time using other modern android flagship phones. My previous android phone was the OG Eco 4G. Lol

The LG G3 is awesome by any standard though. It would be a huge upgrade from your S3.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Where exactly near downtown are you located? Mockingbird is pretty far from downtown.

I"m sure loving my G3. On day 3 now..and it's working great.

I'm actually seeing where the wifi calling on the g3 sounds and works a little better than the Wifi calling on my s5 did. Not sure why, I didn't think that mattered.

I can tell you that the G3 is an awesome phone. My experience my be a little different than most on here since I came from the iPhone 5 and haven't spent much time using other modern android flagship phones. My previous android phone was the OG Eco 4G. Lol

The LG G3 is awesome by any standard though. It would be a huge upgrade from your S3.

Can either of you tell me how the screen compares to other phones you've had?  In particular, I've heard that sunlight visibility is not the greatest.  Do you guys have any real-world experience to share?

Thanks!

Can either of you tell me how the screen compares to other phones you've had? In particular, I've heard that sunlight visibility is not the greatest. Do you guys have any real-world experience to share?

Thanks!

I'm typing this in direct sunlight. It's fine - nice and bright/easy to read. It's slightly better than the iPhone 5/s/c in the direct sunlight, FWIW. I don't have much experience with other flagship Android phones to make a comparison with them.

• Like 2

Reporting back now that I've had the phone a few days.honestly I think I'm going to have to leave sprint. Still get 1 bar at home. My gf called me standing next to me and my phone didn't even ring. Per sprint my cell tower is on paulus ave which already had network vision. The other is akard which wont be done till july 2015! My address is ross and lower greenville. Very bumed as i love the phone but when my phone didn't even ring that was the last straw. Also im only getting 2 mbps on the lte network.

Whelp. Guess you've made your choice. 

Ciaos!

Oh and every site in your area has been converted minus 1. What the rep was referencing was the completion dates for Nokia Networks 8T8R B41 deployment which most markets are estimated to be finished next summer. 

Judging by its title, I thought this thread a bad idea the moment it started, and it probably should have been merged into the Dallas market discussion thread right away.

S4GRU is not a Sprint recruitment nor retention site.  It is an education site.  If you wish to educate yourself, become an S4GRU sponsor -- to help the non profit site defray its significant costs -- and learn where the Sprint sites are in your area(s) of interest and which sites have been Network Vision upgraded.

AJ

• Like 1

AJ is right. I'm sure if we wanted, we all could find something with Sprint to complain about or otherwise be negative. Anyone who comes here looking for someone to beg them to remain with Sprint is here for the wrong reasons in my opinion. Most of us have no intention of leaving Sprint or are happy with what we have, and making threads like this is detrimental to the site and new members see this and gather the wrong idea about what should be discussion. Just my thoughts on threads that fall into this category.

• Like 2

Im just trying to find out why sprint has 1 bar in the center of the city. It was no disrespect. I found out i have to manually switch my phone to cdma insteas of tri band and it connects to the airave device. I just have to manually switch my phone back to global when i leave the house.

• Like 1

Im just trying to find out why sprint has 1 bar in the center of the city. It was no disrespect. I found out i have to manually switch my phone to cdma insteas of tri band and it connects to the airave device. I just have to manually switch my phone back to global when i leave the house.

Maybe I missed it, but what phone are you using? If you had a phone with Wi-Fi calling you wouldn't need to rely on an airave.

I have the LG G3. Is wifi calling an option?  I know it is on outbound calls, but my concern is inbound calls.  Sometimes if I am not connected to the airrave people will tell me they call me, but my phone never rang, and never shows up in my call logs.

I have the LG G3. Is wifi calling an option? I know it is on outbound calls, but my concern is inbound calls. Sometimes if I am not connected to the airrave people will tell me they call me, but my phone never rang, and never shows up in my call logs.

Yes, one of the G3's main features is WiFi calling and it works wonderfully for both inbound and outbound calls. Very easy to setup and maintain.

If I were you, I would do a little more digging before I'd dump Sprint. There are plenty of resources to help you, but it doesn't look like you've taken advantage of them. Perhaps even consider becoming a S4GRU Sponsor so you can see how far along your market is as well as other useful info.