Network Vision/LTE - DFW Market (Dallas/Ft. Worth/Wichita Falls)

purpleunicorn

Run the sensorly app. and add it :)

I don't think that the iPhone version of sensory can log cell connections and upload them to their site. Apple is very strict what apps can and can't do. If they do allow it now, that would be wonderful though.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

I don't think that the iPhone version of sensory can log cell connections and upload them to their site. Apple is very strict what apps can and can't do. If they do allow it now, that would be wonderful though.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

No wonder, I was expecting a glut of new coverage after the iPhone dropped. Makes sense.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know what's happening in the D/FW market? It was a first round market that now shows one of the lowest completion percentages. It also went from a projected completion date of Nov, 2012 to sometime in 2014. Yikes, what a change!

• Like 1

Does anybody know what's happening in the D/FW market? It was a first round market that now shows one of the lowest completion percentages. It also went from a projected completion date of Nov, 2012 to sometime in 2014. Yikes, what a change!

I know! Frustratingly slow deployment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just checking in. I didn't think it was possible for them to get slower but only 2 sites complete in DFW last week, a sharp drop from our previously lightning-fast 8 sites per week.

I really wish I knew what was up or why Sprint can't seem to sustain 200 sites per week total (170), let alone push toward the 500 or so they would have needed to meet their original deadlines. There can be no question now that Network Vision is rolling out far slower than originally planned and I expect ATT and VZW to be 100% done with nationwide LTE before Sprint gets even half done.

Just checking in. I didn't think it was possible for them to get slower but only 2 sites complete in DFW last week, a sharp drop from our previously lightning-fast 8 sites per week.

I really wish I knew what was up or why Sprint can't seem to sustain 200 sites per week total (170), let alone push toward the 500 or so they would have needed to meet their original deadlines. There can be no question now that Network Vision is rolling out far slower than originally planned and I expect ATT and VZW to be 100% done with nationwide LTE before Sprint gets even half done.

There could be many reason why things could have slowed down, but you have to rember the sites that are complete are accepted by sprint. Sprint is pretty much not going to accept a half butt job on a tower and turn it on they want it 100 percent so if there is anything that is not acceptable by sprint they will have them reinspect it and it can't be based on the whole NV progress some markets like Indy and Southbend/Fort wayne are eaither on time or ahead of what they had planned. I wouldnt disgree itd be nice to have them up the sites done each week.

Just checking in. I didn't think it was possible for them to get slower but only 2 sites complete in DFW last week' date=' a sharp drop from our previously lightning-fast 8 sites per week.

I really wish I knew what was up or why Sprint can't seem to sustain 200 sites per week total (170), let alone push toward the 500 or so they would have needed to meet their original deadlines. There can be no question now that Network Vision is rolling out far slower than originally planned and I expect ATT and VZW to be 100% done with nationwide LTE before Sprint gets even half done.[/quote']

I would expect att or Verizon to be done before Sprint, those two are only adding LTE to their networks. Sprint on the other hand is rebuilding their whole network. Also the number each week is accepted towers not completed so many towers could be completed but not accepted yet by Sprint. Hopefully here soon you will start seeing the jump in the number accepted by Sprint.

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

I would expect att or Verizon to be done before Sprint, those two are only adding LTE to their networks. Sprint on the other hand is rebuilding their whole network. Also the number each week is accepted towers not completed so many towers could be completed but not accepted yet by Sprint. Hopefully here soon you will start seeing the jump in the number accepted by Sprint.

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

Also with that being said verizon also had head start on theirs and i beleave that verizon did not do LTE on every single one of thier towers like Sprint is doing, and for them to have it pretty much complete in 2 years still is amazing to me

Just checking in. I didn't think it was possible for them to get slower but only 2 sites complete in DFW last week' date=' a sharp drop from our previously lightning-fast 8 sites per week.

I really wish I knew what was up or why Sprint can't seem to sustain 200 sites per week total (170), let alone push toward the 500 or so they would have needed to meet their original deadlines. There can be no question now that Network Vision is rolling out far slower than originally planned and I expect ATT and VZW to be 100% done with nationwide LTE before Sprint gets even half done.[/quote']

If you are counting all sites complete, Verizon and AT&T are not even half done now. To compare apples to apples you would have to compare Sprint's dates that they have total market coverage, not total sites converted.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

I'm just thankful they finally turned on the tower at the border of Ft. Worth, Keller, and Watauga. 3G over here wouldn't even allow Slacker to work reliably.

That's great news! When did it come on? I was over there maybe 10 days ago and got nothing, but I also wasn't hunting for the tower.

• 1 month later...

Im from New Orleans and we still waiting for NV, i just wanted to hear from people living in NV cities, how the network has improved? is 4G almost everywhere in the city, what kind of speeds you get, is 3G faster?

For a realistic look at coverage you should check out the maps on the Sensorly Web site, with an understanding that the crowd doesn't blanket the coverage area.

My experience in the Plano/Allen/Frisco area suggests coverage remains spotty. I consider the growth of LTE sites since this market went live quite disappointing. During my 9 mile commute I see an LTE connection less than 50% of the time.

is NV worth the wait?

Absolutely! At some locations between home and office the Speedtest app reports more than 20MB/sec, so when the phone, an HTC EVO LTE, finds a strong LTE signal the performance is amazing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Garland and work in Allen so my commute covers a lot of ground. In my 17 mile commute I'm on lte 90% of the time. Not exactly the fastest connection, between 4mbps-16mbps. In Allen where I work things have improved. During the first few weeks I was unable to get a signal anywhere but behind the building. Then a few weeks later the front of the building. Now I get lte indoors in most places, except the dead zone(still think my work is blocking signal somehow).

So my experience is it has been improving, slowly but surely.

Now I'm unlocked and rooted so I have changed my lte scan intervals, for both scan timers, to 1. This means it checks every minute instead of the default 30 minutes. This is a huge change that everyone should make. You don't have to be rooted although it makes it easier to get your msl code needed to have access to change these settings.

I have had people tell me they have called Sprint and was given their msl code to change this. Your experience may vary. Just tell them exactly what you're trying to do and they should give it to you.

Here is a screenshot of the timer menu so it's clear...

http://db.tt/MZ0sqCKJ

For a realistic look at coverage you should check out the maps on the Sensorly Web site, with an understanding that the crowd doesn't blanket the coverage area.

My experience in the Plano/Allen/Frisco area suggests coverage remains spotty. I consider the growth of LTE sites since this market went live quite disappointing. During my 9 mile commute I see an LTE connection less than 50% of the time.

Absolutely! At some locations between home and office the Speedtest app reports more than 20MB/sec, so when the phone, an HTC EVO LTE, finds a strong LTE signal the performance is amazing!

Sent via LTE from my Evo LTE s-offed by an overweight panda.

Edited by chogardjr
  • Like 1

I live in Garland and work in Allen so my commute covers a lot of ground. In my 17 mile commute I'm on lte 90% of the time. , except the dead zone (still think my work is blocking signal somehow).

Sent via LTE from my Evo LTE s-offed by an overweight panda.

So stop working! Just kidding!

My experience in Collin County is very similar to yours. Coverage has improved consistantly over the last 2 weeks. I'm getting Lte where I never got Wimax and got only poor 3G speeds. Here's hoping that it just gets better.

• 3 weeks later...

I talked to another forum member in the Dallas area (he didn't state specific area) and he was on SID 22407 which the 800SMR SID. So it looks like it has made its way out of the Waco area and into Dallas from his report. Is anyone else seeing this?

FYI. 55009 & 56009 PRL users do not have 800SMR in it yet. (iPhone5/Photon Q/Note2)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Past week LTE has been varying speeds. Around central to north Arlington

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

LTE performance is signal strength dependent.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Past week LTE has been varying speeds. Around central to north Arlington

North Arlington is quite hilly and I've found that to affect Sprint LTE speeds. Compare speed tests at the same locations at different times. Of course, network traffic volume at different times can also have an effect.

Thanks but at home in my room I get -82-89 dBm and those are the speeds I get that very. I understand this distance and traffic but its so random lol

Edited by PuRE IVIonztah

Thanks but at home in my room I get -82-89 dBm and those are the speeds I get that very. I understand this distance and traffic but its so random lol

Is that measured from your LTE engineering screen?

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk