Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Maybe the JAX market is finally getting some optimization love.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I can definitely say CR210 has been getting some optimization.  B26 didn't stretch any further than B25 did nor did it penetrate buildings as well.  (My home usually has -99 to -102dBm on B25, on B26 it is the same thing.  Outside, both are like -80dBm.  Hoping optimization happens.  As of now, I lose LTE when I leave my neighborhood. :s

LTE outage around Jax this morning?

I've had LTE connection issues since the B41 started becoming active.     Hopefully they are working on optimizing the towers.   I seem to be back to 3G more often than not in areas that were strong LTE for the last week or so.

I've been on LTE all morning. Mix of B26/B25/B41.

I've been having issues as well for a while now here in Orlando. LTE isn't out, but its intermittent. I emailed Jerry williams and he said "Thanks Jamison.  I will escalate the issue immediately with our network team.  Changes were made and we were monitoring to verify improvements.

"

I've had LTE connection issues since the B41 started becoming active. Hopefully they are working on optimizing the towers. I seem to be back to 3G more often than not in areas that were strong LTE for the last week or so.

I have noticed this as well... My experience with B25 has gotten much worse on coverage wherever the new B41s are installed. I now have to airplane my phone more times than previous.

So...they're testing B26 here so it's making all Triband devices in the area connect and camp on B26. I decided to disable B26 just for kicks and...

463399847a63ec607cd9eca710ccc9ff.jpg

B26 ATM is getting like 12mbps down and 6mbps up, which isn't bad but for some reason it's showing my Sprint signal as no bars even at -102dBm and it's driving me insane.

Edit: The test was on B25. Hoping to get some B41 action here on CR210. Also going to the Jags game tomorrow and will thoroughly test the network there.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 2

So...they're testing B26 here so it's making all Triband devices in the area connect and camp on B26. I decided to disable B26 just for kicks and...

B26 ATM is getting like 12mbps down and 6mbps up, which isn't bad but for some reason it's showing my Sprint signal as no bars even at -102dBm and it's driving me insane.

Edit: The test was on B25. Hoping to get some B41 action here on CR210. Also going to the Jags game tomorrow and will thoroughly test the network there.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I wonder if they are doing similar things in Orlando. I noticed that b26 has been slacking and b41 has just been a mess. I'm assuming it has to do with 8t8r installations since someone said that they often deactivate clear sites to turn on 8t8r.... I will die if this is the case because it means Orlando is a priority market... Which I wasn't sure if it was or If the demands could even be met because of the equipment constrictions.

Either that hat or it's that software bug... Or both.

Edit : b25, it wouldn't connect to 26 or 41 even though I know b41 should've been full signal in the same location. Weird it won't let me attach the speed test

I wonder if they are doing similar things in Orlando. I noticed that b26 has been slacking and b41 has just been a mess. I'm assuming it has to do with 8t8r installations since someone said that they often deactivate clear sites to turn on 8t8r.... I will die if this is the case because it means Orlando is a priority market... Which I wasn't sure if it was or If the demands could even be met because of the equipment constrictions.

Either that hat or it's that software bug... Or both.

I don't have any 8t8r panels near me but I can definitely tell B26 is being tested and adjusted around me.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

I don't have any 8t8r panels near me but I can definitely tell B26 is being tested and adjusted around me.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Yeh it's tricky for me to figure out what's going on because I have all three, but I'm pretty sure they're tweaking both b41 and 26 here.

Only time will tell

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Sent from my LG-LS980

Yeah, we have some weird stuff going on in the Jax market. I couldn't receive any calls for about 4 hours yesterday. I didn't realize it until my wife texted me that she was trying to call me. It would ring for awhile until VM picked up. I was on a Clear/Sprint co-located tower during that time.

B26 has been a little weird as has band switching in general.

Definitely something going on lately.

• Like 1

Yeah, we have some weird stuff going on in the Jax market. I couldn't receive any calls for about 4 hours yesterday. I didn't realize it until my wife texted me that she was trying to call me. It would ring for awhile until VM picked up. I was on a Clear/Sprint co-located tower during that time.

B26 has been a little weird as has band switching in general.

Definitely something going on lately.

State wide optimization in preparation for LTE 800 to launch in the south!

And 8t8r everything

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

My text messages have been failing all day. I'm receiving them fine but about 50% of them have been failing. I did notice a faint B26 signal in my office building earlier and that wasn't there last week. They're fine tuning but I hope the texting issue gets resolved soon.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

I would expect B41 8T8R deployments in Nokia areas to be a little painful with a lot of learning curve going on.  Also, lots of network side optimization tweaking.

Something is happening to the college tower at college of central Florida here in Ocala. Its the most used site in the city. There is are two LTE sites on the same tower. They already have band 25 and 26. Judging by the amount of trucks and a sign that says caution which they have never done before, it must be something major. It has to be nokia band 41. They have been working for the last 3 days. I will go tomorrow and see what's happening.

• Like 2

Something is happening to the college tower at college of central Florida here in Ocala. Its the most used site in the city. There is are two LTE sites on the same tower. They already have band 25 and 26. Judging by the amount of trucks and a sign that says caution which they have never done before, it must be something major. It has to be nokia band 41. They have been working for the last 3 days. I will go tomorrow and see what's happening.

8T8R installs don't usually take 3 days