Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

How much bandwidth does AT$T have deployed on Bands 2, 4, and 5?

That's the million dollar question. Since I have a nexus 5 and 6 I don't know. Band 2 and 17 CA maxes out around 85 on a uncongested site at 2am so that tells me maybe 5*5 on band 2. Band 4 never got past 28 mbps so that could also be a 5*5. Did not get a chance to speed test band 5 but I will later tonight when I get off of work at 2am.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here at the St Johns Town Center and I can't believe how much better the reception is. When I used to come out here the service used to be so bad that I couldn't do a google search. Also when I went inside of stores i would roam. Now I get band 25 and 26 all over the Town Center. Sprint has improved drastically here.

Also I went to a couple grocery stores that were so bad I couldn't receive calls now I get 1x 800 inside.

• Like 4

800 voice is amazing. I live half a mile from a leagcy site and my nexus 6 rarely connects to it. It pulls 800 voice and band 26 from 3 other sites.

I'm here at the St Johns Town Center and I can't believe how much better the reception is. When I used to come out here the service used to be so bad that I couldn't do a google search. Also when I went inside of stores i would roam. Now I get band 25 and 26 all over the Town Center. Sprint has improved drastically here.

Also I went to a couple grocery stores that were so bad I couldn't receive calls now I get 1x 800 inside.

• Like 1

800 voice is amazing. I live half a mile from a leagcy site and my nexus 6 rarely connects to it. It pulls 800 voice and band 26 from 3 other sites.

BTW, I'm loving this Nexus 6 it reminds me of when I purchased my Nexus 5. The reception is this thing is awesome. The LTE scan time is great. The only gripe I have is I'm not seeing the 24hr battery life that others are seeing even after I decrypted the device and the most screen on time I've gotten is about 3 and a half hours.

Other than that this is the device users need to purchase to see Sprint's real coverage.

For the last 2 weeks since they optimized band 26 I have had great band 26 coverage.   I now have LTE 800 from the Parkridge tower near my house vs the Sleepy Hollow site.    Town Center has great coverage from the tower next to FBI off Gate Parkway.

I don't get LTE 2500 (band 41) that much from the Blanding towers.  Clear band 41 still seems to work better than the Sprint band 41.

I am happy.  I stay on LTE for most of my coverage and when on LTE speeds are typically 5mbps to 50mbps.  My LTE gateway (Netgear) in my truck with the integrated antenna behind the rear seat next to the metal frame almost is always on LTE.  I want to install a window mount antenna for it, but haven't due to the fact it works so well.

• Like 2

For the last 2 weeks since they optimized band 26 I have had great band 26 coverage. I now have LTE 800 from the Parkridge tower near my house vs the Sleepy Hollow site. Town Center has great coverage from the tower next to FBI off Gate Parkway.

I don't get LTE 2500 (band 41) that much from the Blanding towers. Clear band 41 still seems to work better than the Sprint band 41.

I am happy. I stay on LTE for most of my coverage and when on LTE speeds are typically 5mbps to 50mbps. My LTE gateway (Netgear) in my truck with the integrated antenna behind the rear seat next to the metal frame almost is always on LTE. I want to install a window mount antenna for it, but haven't due to the fact it works so well.

The Sprint band 41 site on on Blanding and College seems to shoot a signal all the way down to Old Jennings Road which is awesome range for the 2500mhz frequency.

Which is the best range of any band 41 site I've connected to.

• Like 1

f0a5a2c964ab1ea17c3f911cd9c69ba9.jpg Look what the Ericsson crew did while installing the new ruus on the busiest tower in the while city! Those are brand new cabinets only about a year old. #cantgetright

Dang dude. They drop some equipment on top of the cabinets?

It's been pretty quiet in this thread lately. How's everyone liking Sprint Jacksonville in 2015?

Getting better. B26 is optimized in my area but there's still some places where my device drops to 3G. CR 210 is fully covered with B26 and it's awesome ~10mbps avg all over the road.

Old St Augustine Rd desperately needs B41 because B25/B26 are congested here. Slow as 3G on these sites.

Racetrack is nice and Phillips Hwy is fully covered 4G B25/B26. Really missing out on B41 which seems to only be available in Downtown Jax and select sites.

San Jose is covered well. Roberts Rd needs a 4G site to cover it. It is slow 3G on that road.

I probably have more but I can't really think of it ATM.

Sent from my M8

• Like 2

It's been pretty quiet in this thread lately. How's everyone liking Sprint Jacksonville in 2015?

Too early to tell. Congestion is still a problem at times so band 41 would be fantastic. Still no signs of it yet in Ocala or Gainesville. Coverage after band 26 optimization is quiet impressive and that's with two sites still legacy in major areas. Sprint covers them but capacity is not up to par with the other carriers yet. Hopefully we see a flood of band 41 soon. I'm banking on a mass summer deployment.
  • Like 1

Saint Augustine in the old town is still horrible as far as LTE coverage calls. I know that here at S4GRU is saying the nearest downtown tower is accepted but I can confirm that it has not or LTE has never been turned on since the " accept" date months ago.

Saint Augustine in the old town is still horrible as far as LTE coverage calls. I know that here at S4GRU is saying the nearest downtown tower is accepted but I can confirm that it has not or LTE has never been turned on since the " accept" date months ago.

Looking at the permits, there's been quite a few 2.5 permits posted in St Augustine. Should improve soon.

Sent from my M8

Looking at the permits, there's been quite a few 2.5 permits posted in St Augustine. Should improve soon.

Sent from my M8

I am just wondering why here its saying that the tower downtown in Saint Augustine was accepted months ago when there is no NV equipment on it or at least when I was there a month ago. Also on sprint.com its not showing any upgrades whatsoever on that particular tower.

I am just wondering why here its saying that the tower downtown in Saint Augustine was accepted months ago when there is no NV equipment on it or at least when I was there a month ago. Also on sprint.com its not showing any upgrades whatsoever on that particular tower.

Maybe a typo on Robert's end.

Sent from my M8

I don't know about you guys, but I have LTE almost everywhere in Jax. Only a few dead LTE spots.

I've been very vocal about my experience in JAX with Sprint and how they compare to BIG RED and BLUE. I love my Sprint service.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don't know about you guys, but I have LTE almost everywhere in Jax. Only a few dead LTE spots.

I've been very vocal about my experience in JAX with Sprint and how they compare to BIG RED and BLUE. I love my Sprint service.

South Jax in suburban isn't bad but it does drop to 3G often while commuting.  My friend's/cousin's Verizon and AT&T's LTE doesn't drop on the same paths in the same spots.  It's my only gripe but it's not the end of the world, unless you're streaming internet radio while driving around. :P

• Like 1

South Jax in suburban isn't bad but it does drop to 3G often while commuting. My friend's/cousin's Verizon and AT&T's LTE doesn't drop on the same paths in the same spots. It's my only gripe but it's not the end of the world, unless you're streaming internet radio while driving around. [emoji14]

Is it dropping to 3G whilst streaming?

I very rarely drop to 3G. Only in a select few spots.

Is it dropping to 3G whilst streaming?

I very rarely drop to 3G. Only in a select few spots.

Yes - on my commute to work today I dropped to 3G and it's along that stretch of i95 where the construction is between CR-210 exit and Old St Augustine Rd.  It's the only spot I drop to 3G on the route I go to work.

Yes - on my commute to work today I dropped to 3G and it's along that stretch of i95 where the construction is between CR-210 exit and Old St Augustine Rd. It's the only spot I drop to 3G on the route I go to work.

That's he same area where I would drop LTE with my Nexus 5 when driving to and from Orlando.