Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Yep. That's what it looks like. I didn't ask the ericsson workers much because if it wasn't nokia then I really just didn't care.

I've been seeing a lot of RRU replacement going on around Jax. I haven't seen very many 88er going on around here.

Is there a benefit to the new ruus or something?

Someone on this forum said it was but I believe that sprint is going from 4 RRUs to 3. I personally haven't seen a difference.

My home site here on CR210 was optimized on B26 today. Full signal through the entire house, baby! (And neighborhood.)

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Yeah, Jax market is definitely being optimized as we speak. Slowly but surely.

How much did your B26 signal increase? Are you positive it is coming from the same site?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

How much did your B26 signal increase? Are you positive it is coming from the same site?

Definitely. B26 was turned on recently and had about the same coverage as B25 for a few weeks. I used to get an average of -100dBm around my house, now I'm dipping high -80s, low -90s. Speeds also around 30mbps. You'll notice the difference when it's optimized.

9b0ae16efeafca66ac6e0fb7da04f627.jpg

Sent from my 831C

• Like 2

Well if they're doing JAx, my guess is the next market would be Orlando. I still get about -114 dbm on b26 and downloads of .40 lol. At some times its slower than 3g.

Sprint's doing much better via Rootmetrics report. http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/#!/jacksonville-fl It's a shame they just tested it because a lot of areas they just tested was camping on B26, which wasn't optimized in many areas until the second week of December. Oh well, still the statistics show that Sprint's making a comeback in Jax. :)

• Like 2

Sprint's doing much better via Rootmetrics report.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/#!/jacksonville-fl

It's a shame they just tested it because a lot of areas they just tested was camping on B26, which wasn't optimized in many areas until the second week of December.

Oh well, still the statistics show that Sprint's making a comeback in Jax. :)

Must have, because I never see speeds that slow in Jax, unless I'm camped on an overloaded B26 sector.

My B41 speeds are never usually less than 25mbps with a good airlink. More often than not, my B41 speeds are 40+Mbps.

Next time around, Sprint will be even better.

Must have, because I never see speeds that slow in Jax, unless I'm camped on an overloaded B26 sector.

My B41 speeds are never usually less than 25mbps with a good airlink. More often than not, my B41 speeds are 40+Mbps.

Next time around, Sprint will be even better.

When I'm on B41, I fly!  I haven't been off B26 in about two months though, although it's a lot faster due to optimizations made ~two weeks ago.

Its great to see that Sprint is creeping their way to the top. The majority of these tests had to be on band 25/26.

Even band 25/26 is not a bad combo at all. They really shine in rural areas where the combination of the two equals plenty of coverage and capacity but in urban areas of 80,000 or more this combination is just not enough. 

Even band 25/26 is not a bad combo at all. They really shine in rural areas where the combination of the two equals plenty of coverage and capacity but in urban areas of 80,000 or more this combination is just not enough.

In urban areas, is having b26+b25 any better than just b25 for speed?

In urban areas, is having b26+b25 any better than just b25 for speed?

Having both B25 and B26 available is good for coverage and speed on both bands. B26 acts like a second 5x5mhz carrier in conjunction with B25, but with the added reach of lower frequency spectrum for coverage and especially in-building propagation. Optimized B26 should have about the same coverage as 1900mhz 3G, maybe even slightly better.

Both B25 and B26 are 5x5mhz FDD LTE, which have a maximum theoretical speed of 37mbps each. So neither band will be able to exceed 37mbps, but having both available allows the network to spread out the load.

Some markets are getting a second B25 carrier, which helps to spread out the loads even more. I believe Jax is one of those markets.

B41 overlay is where capacity comes in to play, as B41 is the capacity/speed band. In areas where all three bands are available, speeds and coverage are great.

Sprint's 8t8r B41 propagates almost as good as B25, whereas Clear B41 doesn't propagate nearly as good.

Having both B25 and B26 available is good for coverage and speed on both bands. B26 acts like a second 5x5mhz carrier in conjunction with B25, but with the added reach of lower frequency spectrum for coverage and especially in-building propagation. Optimized B26 should have about the same coverage as 1900mhz 3G, maybe even slightly better.

B41 overlay is where capacity comes in to play, as B41 is the capacity/speed band. In areas where all three bands are available, speeds and coverage are great.

Sprint's 8t8r B41 propagates almost as good as B25, whereas Clear B41 doesn't propagate nearly as good.

All that I know. I was looking for personal experiences. When b26 was activated did you notice avg speeds go up?

All that I know. I was looking for personal experiences. When b26 was activated did you notice avg speeds go up?

Yes they have but at peak times I have seen sprints network even with optimized band 25 and 26 brought to its knees. Just yesterday it was so many people in my area that even with 2 bands I couldn't pull a web page and speed test refused to load.

Yes they have but at peak times I have seen sprints network even with optimized band 25 and 26 brought to its knees. Just yesterday it was so many people in my area that even with all 3 bands I couldn't pull a web page and speed test refused to load.

All 3 bands?!?!

Yeah I know I was saying for Rootmetrics testing they must have been on band 25/26 majority of the time because of the speeds that were reported.

At&t has bands on bands in Ocala. I already seen city wide band 2 and 17 with pockets of band 4 and then today maybe 2 miles from my house close to I75 I got this. Also At&t has at least 4 more sites than sprint does in the city limits than Sprint does and it shows. I rarely have less than two bars on my nexus 6. I have seen a few wideband T-Mobile sites and alot more xlte also. Sprint has some major catching up to do around here. Hopefully Nokia is not to slow on deployment. a18d5eedd1bb63a6ca3bd87dc966e6b2.jpg

• Like 1

At&t has bands on bands in Ocala. I already seen city wide band 2 and 17 with pockets of band 4 and then today maybe 2 miles from my house close to I75 I got this. Also At&t has at least 4 more sites than sprint does in the city limits than Sprint does and it shows. I rarely have less than two bars on my nexus 6. I have seen a few wideband T-Mobile sites and alot more xlte also. Sprint has some major catching up to do around here. Hopefully Nokia is not to slow on deployment. a18d5eedd1bb63a6ca3bd87dc966e6b2.jpg

How much bandwidth does AT$T have deployed on Bands 2, 4, and 5?