Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Just picked up band 41 in Ocala. Time to hunt.

Edit

Just looked all over couldn't find it so I noticed when signal check is doing a fringe handoff from band 25 to 26 it shows band 41 every time. Never did that before but its definitely not here [emoji26] [emoji30] [emoji24]

• Like 1

Just picked up band 41 in Ocala. Time to hunt.

Edit

Just looked all over couldn't find it so I noticed when signal check is doing a fringe handoff from band 25 to 26 it shows band 41 every time. Never did that before but its definitely not here [emoji26] [emoji30] [emoji24]

I've never noticed that before. Must be device specific.
  • Like 1

I'm not sure. Maybe Robert can chime in on this.

I can tell you on AT&T, GCI's match on the same site between band, but PCI's do not. I believe with Sprint, B25 and B26 GCI's match per site, but B41 does not. And PCI's are unique for each sector and each band.

I'm not an expert in Sprint PCI's. Check with dkoellerwx, mikejeep, or any of the Columbus or Chicago guys. I don't spend enough time in Sprint markets to decipher Sprint GCI's or PCI's. I depend on SignalCheck Pro for that.

I went to the Monster Jam last night and all I can say is Sprints service was amazing. Band 25/26 is slow as expected but band 41 worked flawlessly. My wife's iPhone 5s struggled to load webpages and Instagram while I was able to watch YouTube on band 41 with the Nexus 6. Last time I was at the stadium with my EVO 3D (You can tell it was long ago) I would roam on Verizon in the stadium. I'm glad to see Sprint turned things around.

I agree about the service downtown...  Everbank has added WIFI inside the stadium but I too was getting Spark service during football games this past fall in most areas...  The Spark was faster than the Everbank WIFI...

I now get 41 inside my house though I typically just use WIFI with my 100MB speed from Xfinity...  

• Like 2

I can tell you on AT&T, GCI's match on the same site between band, but PCI's do not. I believe with Sprint, B25 and B26 GCI's match per site, but B41 does not. And PCI's are unique for each sector and each band.

I'm not an expert in Sprint PCI's. Check with dkoellerwx, mikejeep, or any of the Columbus or Chicago guys. I don't spend enough time in Sprint markets to decipher Sprint GCI's or PCI's. I depend on SignalCheck Pro for that.

In Ericsson markets the GCI for B25 is different from B26 completely. The PCI is the same if I recall correctly.
  • Like 1

Is it common for the PCI not to match the PCI for band 25/26?

I'm not sure. Maybe Robert can chime in on this.

Band 25  & 26 GCIs are different, but the PCIs match.

Band 41 GCIs follow the +HEX(1450) pattern, but the PCIs are different. They are generally sequential for each sector. ie 431, 432, 433.

• Like 1

Decided to do some speed tests in the most congested part of Ocala yesterday out of curiosity on all 4 carriers. Sprint and Verizon came from the same tower At&t had its own tower and T-Mobile came from my home tower. I never moved from the spot that i parked and made sure all towers was at least barely in view. I did 3 speed tests on each carrier and took the best of the three.

Here are the results.

Sprint band 2507a83f61ee3e09f694e3bc2fcff4db4b.jpg

Sprint band 269048d7b6781911a103b6ad9d3d8a53aa.jpg

At&t band 2(unknown if carrier aggregation was active)46a6b147e44a982e2c1ada7fe20963bc.jpg

T-Mobile band 4fd118aaa9d075aba578a686ad417b17e.jpg

Verizon band 13573a48fb99b3a11c12152670713e3342.jpg

Verizon band 43bbe3400625450e9effdd19eafa4401c.jpg

Decided to do some speed tests in the most congested part of Ocala yesterday out of curiosity on all 4 carriers. Sprint and Verizon came from the same tower At&t had its own tower and tmobile came from my home tower. I never moved from the spit that i parked and made sure all tower was at least barely in view. Here are the results.

Sprint band 25

Sprint band 26

At&t band 2(unknown if carrier aggregation was active)

T-Mobile band 4

Verizon band 13

Verizon band 4

That sucks. Seems terribly wrong.

I've never once seen anything close to these speeds in Jax proper. Of course, in the city our site density is pretty dense, but we also have many many more sub per square mile than Ocala. We also have B41, but even before B41 and B26 was prevalent, B25 was never close to being this slow.

You guys need B41 badly.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

That sucks. Seems terribly wrong.

I've never once seen anything close to these speeds in Jax proper. Of course, in the city our site density is pretty dense, but we also have many many more sub per square mile than Ocala. We also have B41, but even before B41 and B26 was prevalent, B25 was never close to being this slow.

You guys need B41 badly.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

To be fair somehow Sprint while not as fast as the other carriers could still do web browsing just fine but facebook where videos are involved was really bad. Also videos are a no go on Sprint too. I will point out that almost in all other areas of Ocala Sprint is much faster on average around 3-7 mbps. Its this area that is the worst. A combination of my home tower being leagacy unable to help congestion and no band 41 is what makes the experience terrible. A inside source tell me my home tower gets its band 25 upgrade this month. We will see.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally Sprint is upgrading my home tower which is the last legacy site in Ocala. They started putting up the panels yesterday and are just about finished today. They told me LTE band 25 should be broastcasting in a week. Maybe finally I can get more than 0.5mbps at the mall, best buy, Walmart etc.

• Like 4

Has anyone ever experienced band 26 coming online without a cluster launch? I noticed one of the new sites have band 26 already but no other site waiting on band 26 got it.

NY local site had B26 active before the others around it. Wasn't optimized though. Speeds were maxed out @ 10mbps and signal was the same as B25.

Sent from my M8

NY local site had B26 active before the others around it. Wasn't optimized though. Speeds were maxed out @ 10mbps and signal was the same as B25.

Sent from my M8

This one already is about 7-10 dbm better on band 26 but speeds were around 1-3. Band 25 was 10-14mbps. This site has only been active for 5 days.

I've never seen band 26 launched and optimized coverage wise so fast.

This one already is about 7-10 dbm better on band 26 but speeds were around 1-3. Band 25 was 10-14mbps. This site has only been active for 5 days.

I've never seen band 26 launched and optimized coverage wise so fast.

Took about a month for my local site to get b26 optimized. Hope it goes quicker since your site is one if the last ones.

Sent from my M8

Signal check keeps thinking that tower is band 41 while LTE discovery shows the correct values.

I'm starting to think that I'm getting the band 41 bug that you were getting with signal check. Whenever I connect to LTE near my home or places where I know that there's no band 41. For a split second it shows Sprint band 41 then jump to band 26.

I'm starting to think that I'm getting the band 41 bug that you were getting with signal check. Whenever I connect to LTE near my home or places where I know that there's no band 41. For a split second it shows Sprint band 41 then jump to band 26.

Yep that's the bug. Although since 5.1 it hasn't happened anymore for me.

Yep that's the bug. Although since 5.1 it hasn't happened anymore for me.

It didn't start happening until 5.1. I know that Sprint hasn't installed any 8t8r equipment in my area. It almost like sprint has some new equipment installed but I can't access it so I get kicked to another band. I know for a fact that sprint hasn't installed any new gear in my area.

Home tower just went live with band 25 after only a few years of waiting. Definitely not optimizated though

Update

Band 26 just came online as well. Once again not optimized. About the same dBm as band 25.

Update

Band 25 and 26 are no longer broadcasting from the tower must be optimizing early.

• Like 2