Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

I was in the zip codes of 33993 and 33991 today and did some speed tests on speedtest.net

I got speeds of about .8 Mbps with peek rates of 1 Mbps. I tried to upload pictures but the uploader said files were to large but even though they were below the maximum file size

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a couple of towers being worked on here in port Charlotte and north port Florida.. That is a good sign... Didn't see any new equipment though just some guys up on the towers them self.

Is this Site #TA70XC049 off Toledo Blade, south of the Publix? If so, this site is not scheduled to start work until October. However, there have been many sites that start work early if the backhaul gets completed sooner than expected.

Also, one of those trucks looks like it has GOFF written on the side. Goff is one of the subcontractors seen at sites underway in the Miami market too. This is a good sign. Keep us posted. Thanks for the heads up.

Robert

Yes that is the site right on toledo.. also i seen the same thing happening to a site right on veterns (rd. highway ??) and interstate 75.

The Veterans/I-75 site is scheduled to start in August. So this one appears to be ahead of schedule too. Good news. :D

Robert

That's actually a very sexy looking tower.

I wonder if NIMBY people would complain less if more towers had some design elements added to them vs. just completely industrial/functional element.

Forget the fake trees, let's just design sexy looking towers - turn them into something people can appreciate.

That's actually a very sexy looking tower.

I wonder if NIMBY people would complain less if more towers had some design elements added to them vs. just completely industrial/functional element.

Forget the fake trees' date=' let's just design sexy looking towers - turn them into something people can appreciate.[/quote']

I was thinking the same thing. It is pretty nifty.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I was thinking the same thing. It is pretty nifty.

I was wondering, since it's in Florida, if this tower design was for strength to handle hurricanes better. Looks pretty sturdy.

Goff Communications. I don't have that type of vision to see that on the trucks but I used to work for them when I first moved to Florida. I can tell you that I hung a buch of Nextel panels and ran tons of coax back in 1994. It would make sense for them to be involved. I can tell you guys too that if you see tower guys working don't be afraid to walk up and say hi. Maybe with a few Gatorades and ask some questions. Most of them are not hardcore phone geeks but they love job they do and love talking about it. You could get some real good info that way.

• Like 1

Does anyone know when we will get 4g in miami

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

This is the latest info available: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-274-miamiwest-palm-network-visionlte-deployment-schedule-update/

Robert

• 4 weeks later...
A speed test i recently took right next to the tower they were working on off toledo blade.

Now that looks like some NV backhaul! Hopefully this site will appear on our NV Sites Complete map soon. Does the signal seem slightly stronger too?

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Is there anyone that could test in Naples Park around Immokalee and Airport Rd.? I'm in that area every spring and am curious if the network is lookin good there.

Sent from my JB iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Is there anyone that could test in Naples Park around Immokalee and Airport Rd.? I'm in that area every spring and am curious if the network is lookin good there.

Nothing here yet. I would imagine the first LTE tower to light up in Naples will be the same one that first came online when they flipped the switch on 4G. That tower is located on the corner of Commercial Blvd & Enterprise Ave in the Corporate Park just off Livingston Rd.

• Like 1

Nothing here yet. I would imagine the first LTE tower to light up in Naples will be the same one that first came online when they flipped the switch on 4G. That tower is located on the corner of Commercial Blvd & Enterprise Ave in the Corporate Park just off Livingston Rd.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info! :)

Is that a Louisiana server you were connected with? And that was in the Southwest Florida region. If that's the case I need to keep my eyes open here in St.Pete

Yeah i had my gps off so that is the server it connected to.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like another tower is being updated here in port charlotte, north port area.

I saw 2 workers working on the tower heading south on us 41 and the closes intersection was cranberry blvd. Tower is right off 41 to the left heading south and about a quarter mile from the intersection of cranberry and 41 in north port. Just wanted to let you know. Hopefully this is a sprint tower being upgraded.

• Like 1

Screenshot_2012-08-02-20-46-14.pngA speed test i recently took right next to the tower they were working on off toledo blade.

That is an excellent speed. What's odd for me is that I used to get speeds like that before they added an extra carrier to the closest tower next to me. Now I'm lucky to get 1mbps. No idea if the extra carrier was the "cause" of my poor speeds but I stopped getting those speeds around that time :(