Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I noticed this morning my iPhone was on B41 for a little bit. The two dots of service caught my eye so that's when I checked. Normally I'm all five dots because of the tower behind my house. Maybe they're testing the 8t8r panels?

• Like 2

They removed nextel equipment on a tower close to my house yesterday. I thought that part of network vision was over already

There's two towers that I know of in JAX. That still has nextel panels still up but I don't know about the base station equipment.

Sent from my Nexus 5

They removed nextel equipment on a tower close to my house yesterday. I thought that part of network vision was over already

They turned off all of the equipment and decommissioned it remotely. But they still have to go to every site and physically remove the panels.

• Like 1

Another great experience with Sprint. I was at a family members apartment. In which these apartments are at least 50yrs old and it constructed out of brick and has concrete walls inside. Long story short its reception hell. My wife's iPhone 5s was the only device there out of all four national that had a usable signal thanks to band 26 LTE. It amazes me how much sprint has improved.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3

Just spoke with the Crew working the Tower @ Roosevelt/Edgewood behind Moon River, they were replacing the 11's with 31's, from what the guy said, they've done probably 25 swaps in the last 5-6 Weeks.

• Like 4

Upgraded to the M8 about a week ago. Loving it, having a good exerience on the network as well just seems odd that it's camping out on B26 everywhere most of the time, and when it's not it doesn't get as strong of B25 reception that my SIII got but hey I still get very useable speeds which is all that matters at the end of the day. Sort of odd to me also however that a couple of places where I used to get LTE I now only get cringingly slow  EHRPD....

Edited by sarjxxx

Upgraded to the M8 about a week ago. Loving it, having a good exerience on the network as well just seems odd that it's camping out on B26 everywhere most of the time, and when it's not it doesn't get as strong of B25 reception that my SIII got but hey I still get very useable speeds which is all that matters at the end of the day. Sort of odd to me also however that a couple of places where I used to get LTE I now only get cringingly slow  EHRPD....

Yep - you'll realize that each device has certain performance differences not on radio alone, but specific bands.  G2 can have better B25 performance than a N6, but the N6 could out-perform the G2 in both B26 and B41.

These are the speeds I was getting in Jacksonville and St. Augustine Fl. while on vacation at the end of July. Was connected to Band 26 the entire time i was down their. 

post-26551-0-84753800-1415930915_thumb.jpg

post-26551-0-55891800-1415930954_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have a source. Fun fact for me was finding out that my home legacy tower when it comes to 1900 voice is the 21 out of the 300+ Jacksonville area towers as far as the most used on 1x with a 64% call success. I wonder why this is not priority I still just don't understand :(. Good news is he is trying to see if he can nab all the results for me for every tower on a market basis and where they rank. This would be a fun project for me.

• Like 4

I have a source. Fun fact for me was finding out that my home legacy tower when it comes to 1900 voice is the 21 out of the 300+ Jacksonville area towers as far as the most used on 1x with a 64% call success. I wonder why this is not priority I still just don't understand :(. Good news is he is trying to see if he can nab all the results for me for every tower on a market basis and where they rank. This would be a fun project for me.

Next, nab all the data from orando, Tampa, and Miami! LOL

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Went to the Jacksonville fair today. My Sprint experience was nice I was on LTE the whole time. Last year the fair grounds didn't have band 25 LTE. Now 1 year later it has all three bands. I didn't run any speed tests but anything that needed internet on our phones worked with no lag. My nexus 5 was on band 41 95% of the time only falling to band 26 when going into the agriculture center to see the animals. Its good to have a great network experience without having to give away our wallets. Can't wait for more 88er action.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 7

I have yet to see the 88tr on Collins/295 or Blanding operational.   I see based on the sceenshot that it was.   I only connect to B41 on the clear tower at Wells and at Collins in that area.  No B41 on the Sprint towers yet

I have yet to see the 88tr on Collins/295 or Blanding operational.   I see based on the sceenshot that it was.   I only connect to B41 on the clear tower at Wells and at Collins in that area.  No B41 on the Sprint towers yet

Same here. I saw the 88er panels at Blanding across from Starbucks and Academy Sports, only got B25/26. Didn't catch any B41 from the 295/collins tower...or is that the 295/Morse Rd tower to be exact?

Same here. I saw the 88er panels at Blanding across from Starbucks and Academy Sports, only got B25/26. Didn't catch any B41 from the 295/collins tower...or is that the 295/Morse Rd tower to be exact?

I actually connected to the one on Morris Avenue and 295 again today but Tapatalk won't let me upload the pic for some reason.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

I actually connected to the one on Morris Avenue and 295 again today but Tapatalk won't let me upload the pic for some reason.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Looks like I need to check it out tomorrow.  :tu:      I've only tried for the last couple days while driving down blanding on my way to or from places.   I just went by on 295 an hour ago, but wasn't checking.    Thanks for the update!!

My phone has been connecting to B41 while I'm at home. Normally it doesn't and camps on B25/26. Only getting a max of two dots. Has to be coming from the tower with 88er panels on Normandy/fouraker since the closest tower that broadcasts B41 that I know of closest to me is along 295, way too far for me to catch any signal from it. Maybe the panels are active but hasn't been adjusted?

My phone has been connecting to B41 while I'm at home. Normally it doesn't and camps on B25/26. Only getting a max of two dots. Has to be coming from the tower with 88er panels on Normandy/fouraker since the closest tower that broadcasts B41 that I know of closest to me is along 295, way too far for me to catch any signal from it. Maybe the panels are active but hasn't been adjusted?

Just curious, what's the speeds you're getting?

It may be a Clearwire site.  I'd have to look at the maps.