Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I would say it has to GMO due to the size of the antenna mounting section. The top is a 36" diameter / 6 silo pole. Sprint would need to lease an additional silo to mount the RRU's in if they would fit.

Not sure why it's so close to the other two tower sites, but there is a gap in coverage between there and the Parkridge tower.

Knightboxx to Old Jennings is bad, Especially if you go into WinnDixie right there.

I wonder if they are only going to install B25/B26 with a single RFS antenna for each sector as there doesn't appear to be room for a B41 antenna in the same space. Unless they are leasing another silo for that antenna as well.

Hopefully, Sprint will add a site on the tower on Knightboxx they have permits for it. If they go through with it Clay County will be completely filled in except for County Road 218 between Henley Road and the Ravines subdivision.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Permit for one of the last pesky legacy sites in historic downtown Ocala. Funny thing is this is one of the first sites to get a permit 2 years ago but they let it expire.086fe9056fce49c292509dda17c61f53.jpg

Early in deployment, they were getting permits before getting owner authorization. After having that backfire so many times, they do it in reverse now. For obvious reasons.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

Was there a benefit to getting permits first at the time?

Early in deployment, they were getting permits before getting owner authorization. After having that backfire so many times, they do it in reverse now. For obvious reasons.

Was there a benefit to getting permits first at the time?

There's always a benefit to getting permits in advance. As long as you can get started before they expire.

Permit for one of the last pesky legacy sites in historic downtown Ocala. Funny thing is this is one of the first sites to get a permit 2 years ago but they let it expire.086fe9056fce49c292509dda17c61f53.jpg

This isn't the tower near your house you used to always complain about is it?

At the moment just a nexus 5 with sim cards for att, tmobile and sprint, a galaxy s 5 sport, and a Verizon LG G Pad 8.3. Giving me access to all 4 networks

Awesome.  I see the Nexus5 is a dual CDMA/GSM phone.   I'm guessing yours is unlocked and has full support for all these bands as indicated in the tech specs?

• North America:
  • GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
  • WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
  • LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41

I wish I had the ability to use my Galaxy S5 that way.  :/

Awesome. I see the Nexus5 is a dual CDMA/GSM phone. I'm guessing yours is unlocked and has full support for all these bands as indicated in the tech specs?

• North America:
  • GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
  • WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
  • LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41
I wish I had the ability to use my Galaxy S5 that way. :/
Yes. Got this one at the sprint store. Should have picked up a nexus instead dude. The stores never recommend them though. They only recommend Samsung and iphones. At least at the stores I go to.

The tower on normandy/fouraker must be down for maintenance. I'm getting a weak B26 signal about 110-121 db

earlier this morning it was about -82

maybe 8t8r going live!?!??

One could only hope. Maybe the back haul is getting scaled up for extra capacity.

I thought they could scale up the backhaul remotely, but I could be wrong

In many instances they can.  It all depends on the type of backhaul there and its capacity.

fiber and some aav can do it remotely correct?

No.  Not all fiber can have capacity added remotely.  It depends on how the provider has their network set up.  Also, in some instances, they fiber spur line can handle more traffic and has spare strands, but the trunk line that it is connected to cannot.  There are just lots of variables involved and we cannot say any blankets statements that cover all instances related to backhaul.

But it is true to say, more often that not, that extra backhaul capacity can be added to a site with a phone call and a ticket at a direct fiber site.  And this is true of some AAV sites, depending on capacity.

• Like 1

No.  Not all fiber can have capacity added remotely.  It depends on how the provider has their network set up.  Also, in some instances, they fiber spur line can handle more traffic and has spare strands, but the trunk line that it is connected to cannot.  There are just lots of variables involved and we cannot say any blankets statements that cover all instances related to backhaul.

But it is true to say, more often that not, that extra backhaul capacity can be added to a site with a phone call and a ticket at a direct fiber site.  And this is true of some AAV sites, depending on capacity.

crazy backhaul, always making things hard lol

I haven't spotted any more 8t8r installs. I have been seeing that Verizon as been adding new sites, redoing their racks to support more weight, and adding LTE panels to sites that was legacy only.

My question to the folks that has Verizon knowledge. How come some sites have 2 legacy panels (1x and EVDO) and a LTE panel and some sites have 1 legacy panel (in which I assume its for 1x) and a LTE panel?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I haven't spotted any more 8t8r installs. I have been seeing that Verizon as been adding new sites, redoing their racks to support more weight, and adding LTE panels to sites that was legacy only.

My question to the folks that has Verizon knowledge. How come some sites have 2 legacy panels (1x and EVDO) and a LTE panel and some sites have 1 legacy panel (in which I assume its for 1x) and a LTE panel?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

In New Mexico, sites VZW took over from Alltel have two legacy panels and one new LTE panel.  Original VZW sites only had one of each.  I don't know if VZW took over Alltel in your area, but this may be the case.  Otherwise, they may need more CDMA carriers than one legacy panel can handle.

In New Mexico, sites VZW took over from Alltel have two legacy panels and one new LTE panel. Original VZW sites only had one of each. I don't know if VZW took over Alltel in your area, but this may be the case. Otherwise, they may need more CDMA carriers than one legacy panel can handle.

I believe that VZW took over alltel here too. Also do you know if VZW LTE panels are multimodal? I'm in a xLTE market but none of the equipment has been changed out.

I believe that VZW took over alltel here too. Also do you know if VZW LTE panels are multimodal? I'm in a xLTE market but none of the equipment has been changed out.

I live in a VZW ALU market.  Here they are using both.  Most sites have separate B4 panel with RRU's.  Some have an integrated B4/B13 panel (especially flagpole sites).

• Like 1