Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Band 41 at Harry's Seafood downtown St Augustine 45 down/12up. I recorded it in Root Metrics. Service still very sketchy in Old Town bouncing back and forth from LTE to 3G. Same in and out service on 95 from Daytona to Jacksonville.

We went up there a few weeks ago, I was actually roaming on legacy MPCS for a little while in old town area, not too far from the Castillo. Maybe I would have seen more LTE with a more capable Spark device by my SIII was having a bad time up there. Lot's of roaming and 1xRTT.

I did notice a ton of 1x800 on the way up from Belleview though. Didn't drop 800 until way out past Silver Springs.

Edited by sarjxxx

Yeah most of Central Florida is covered in 800

We went up there a few weeks ago, I was actually roaming on legacy MPCS for a little while in old town area, not too far from the Castillo. Maybe I would have seen more LTE with a more capable Spark device by my SIII was having a bad time up there. Lot's of roaming and 1xRTT.

I did notice a ton of 1x800 on the way up from Belleview though. Didn't drop 800 until way out past Silver Springs.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't test the speed I stopped doing speed test a couple months ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Its nice when a market gets to that level of completion and you don't have to do speed tests because you know it'll be plenty fast

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 2

Its nice when a market gets to that level of completion and you don't have to do speed tests because you know it'll be plenty fast

It's that and I know what the theoretical maxes are so I know I'm not going to get more than that. Maybe when carrier aggregation becomes available on Band 41 may start back.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yup! JAX is really good in 99% of the market. There are still some holes (as with any market), but they're getting smaller and smaller.

Overall, a great showing for Sprint. I routinely embarrass my Verizon and AT&T friends with my LTE coverage and performance.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

What went live?

The first sprint B41 tower someone has successfully connected to in the JAX market that I am aware of. Its in OP at the corner of Constitution and Blanding. You can see the new 8t8r antennas.

The first sprint B41 tower someone has successfully connected to in the JAX market that I am aware of. Its in OP at the corner of Constitution and Blanding. You can see the new 8t8r antennas.

One by Town Center too. I catch it sometimes when I'm pulling into my apartment. I think it is actually located around Southside and Butler.

One by Town Center too. I catch it sometimes when I'm pulling into my apartment. I think it is actually located around Southside and Butler.

Oh that's the tower thats on top one of the building's in deer wood.

• Like 1

Caught a Clear B41 site this morning and it is on the same frequency as the 8t8r site. I probably just remembered a different frequency from Orlando lol. Got my hopes up for a second carrier.

They still doing Clearwire installs? I thought they would have abandoned those plans in favor of 8t8r panels by now.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I've noticed that Sprint's crews have been going back to NV sites and replacing the bottom 2 RRUs and replacing them with one smaller RRU.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's weird.  Maybe they're removing CDMA 800/LTE 800 carriers from it?  Do you know if that site is broadcasting 800?