Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Just curious, what's the speeds you're getting?

It may be a Clearwire site. I'd have to look at the maps.

The Normandy/fouraker site had previously been confirmed not broadcasting any B41 by someone else here. I doubt it's coming from another tower. Never received any B41 or even a slight hint until earlier last week.

post-14272-0-47922400-1416529755_thumb.jpg

post-14272-0-21613500-1416529764_thumb.jpg

Edited by Faction
  • Like 2

Here are my screenshots from the tower at Constitution and Blanding using the 8T8R Nokia radios .   I had noticed band 41 while driving and pulled into the Academy parking lot.  It dropped down to 800 and then back to LTE 2500 quite a few times.  I couldn't get a good speed test due to it dropping back to band 26 during the test.  It started out around 24mbps and settled around 20mbps before dropping to 9mbps when on band 26.

The rest of the way up Blanding to 295 I had band 41 via Kingsley, Wells and Collins Clear towers.   The clear towers seem to be providing much better signal at farther distances. I could have just been on the edge of two sectors.  I had -71 on the one test, but it didn't stay and I never received any better signal than -106 from that spot.  

2014-11-20%2015.10.08.png2014-11-20%2015.12.26.png2014-11-20%2015.13.28.png2014-11-20%2015.17.18.png2014-11-20%2015.20.05.png2014-11-20%2015.23.20.png

The Normandy/fouraker site had previously been confirmed not broadcasting any B41 by someone else here. I doubt it's coming from another tower. Never received any B41 or even a slight hint until earlier last week.

9475 is a Sprint TAC so not a Clear site (83xx).   Looks like the 8T8Rs will all soon be active!!

9475 is a Sprint TAC so not a Clear site (83xx). Looks like the 8T8Rs will all soon be active!!

Sweet. The 8t8r panels on Blanding and Academy Sports only gave you a signal about -106? The most I've gotten from the Normandy/Fouraker tower is -102. It seems the new panels are broadcasting but probably on low power or a really shitty tilt

Sweet. The 8t8r panels on Blanding and Academy Sports only gave you a signal about -106? The most I've gotten from the Normandy/Fouraker tower is -102. It seems the new panels are broadcasting but probably on low power or a really shitty tilt

After looking back at the aerial for the area, i was due south of the tower, exactly between the 120 degree and 240 degree sectors.     They are using sectors id's of 31, 32, 33 for the B41 sectors on that tower.  I would have guessed 31 was north. I never was on the north end but was getting sectors 31 & 33 based on the screen shots.

I'm going to check signal and try to do another test this morning.

I went by the Constitution tower on the way into work this morning.  I drove into the housing complex to be right in line with the 240 degree sector (sector 3).  Location CO3 on this map I made a while back for signal analysis. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106286908/CO%20-%20Location%20Map.PNG

I could not get LTE 2500 (B41) from that spot. Turned the radio on and off multiple times.  I could have probably forced B41 in the code menu but didn't think about it.   While on LTE 800 (B26) I did a speed test from the CO3 spot. A decent 24/4Mbps.  Upload peaked over 8 but was solid at 4 for most of the test.

Speedtest

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106286908/2014-11-21%2012.17.59.png

LTE-2500 (33)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106286908/2014-11-21%2012.19.53.png

LTE-2500 (32)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106286908/2014-11-21%2012.20.11.png

Edit:

Here is a photo of that tower from 8-20-2014

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106286908/IMG_9414.JPG

Additional Edit:

I also connected to LTE 2500 on the Morse Rd/295 tower while on 295 this morning.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106286908/2014-11-21%2012.30.43.png

• Like 2

How are the newer phones signal reception on Sprint as far as 1x 800 goes? The wife and I are getting new phones in the next few weeks and she is about to jump ship. She doesn't need data at work, but hates that she cannot even makes calls or text on her cell phone. At home, we are stuck with the Airave still. Even if she jumps to AT&T or Verizon, I'll probably stay with Sprint.

I get good LTE at work downtown, and decent LTE in the Deerwood area at my companies HQ, but drop to 3G inside. I don't care so much about data at any work location or home as I can use wifi. 

We both have older GS3s, so I cannot check 1x 800 coverage.

If anyone is around Argyle and/or Old Jennings and Blanding, can you do me a favor and check an address (not just down the road)? If you can, message me and I'll send you the addresses.

How are the newer phones signal reception on Sprint as far as 1x 800 goes? The wife and I are getting new phones in the next few weeks and she is about to jump ship. She doesn't need data at work, but hates that she cannot even makes calls or text on her cell phone. At home, we are stuck with the Airave still. Even if she jumps to AT&T or Verizon, I'll probably stay with Sprint.

I get good LTE at work downtown, and decent LTE in the Deerwood area at my companies HQ, but drop to 3G inside. I don't care so much about data at any work location or home as I can use wifi.

If anyone is around Argyle and/or Old Jennings and Blanding, can you do me a favor and check an address (not just down the road)? If you can, message me and I'll send you the addresses.

Honestly, you're not using 2/3 of the Sprint LTE network on the phones you guys have. Don't judge Sprint coverage and performance based on a single-band phone. If you had Tri-band phones, you would see a WORLD of difference in Jax. You're missing B26 and B41 coverage as well as 1x800 coverage. B26 and 1x800mhz is very good in JAX and as optimization occurs, it is getting better.

A modern Tri-band phone would be the way to go for you guys. All of the current flagships are Tri-band and all have good RF characteristics.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 3

When I last talked to Sprint customer service (around June), they stated that the area around my wife's work is in a low signal area. Unless I can verify that a new S5 or LG G3 would work, I hesitate to pull the trigger. I can't justify sticking with them anymore for her phone unless they have coverage, so any decision to upgrade phones and plans hinges on truly checking the signal.

I doubt Sprint will let me upgrade with a 30 day return cancellation as an existing customer lol.

I'm out in that area daily and I can confirm that LTE 800 and CDMA 800 is currently active. I work out in that area. All throughout the Orange park area, Middleburg, Oak leaf, and The doctors inlet area of CR220. I can't confirm the Fleming island or Green Cove area of Clay county though. Like Cary said you are missing out on a lot of coverage using a single band device.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I thought someone here maybe Robert or AJ said that it should be 4.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Is that "Num Tx Antennas" a user device number or the number of tx antennas in the sector (which could be up to 8)?   If user device, aren't most phones 2x2 MIMO LTE?     I wonder if I can get this info on Android.

I understand that there is better signal levels around town, but the issues we've had are with my wife's work and our house. My phone drops LTE as soon as I turn into my neighborhood and I cannot keep enough signal to make calls in my wood framed house. My phone starts roaming when I pull into my wife's work parking lot. I can carry LTE everywhere else except for the Buckman span at time with my 2 year old phone.

I'll try to borrow a new spark phone from work, if we have one, to check again with these two locations.

As far as new phones, anyone know how the LG G3 is signal wise compared to the GS5 or Note 4 in our area?

I understand that there is better signal levels around town, but the issues we've had are with my wife's work and our house. My phone drops LTE as soon as I turn into my neighborhood and I cannot keep enough signal to make calls in my wood framed house. My phone starts roaming when I pull into my wife's work parking lot. I can carry LTE everywhere else except for the Buckman span at time with my 2 year old phone.

I'll try to borrow a new spark phone from work, if we have one, to check again with these two locations.

As far as new phones, anyone know how the LG G3 is signal wise compared to the GS5 or Note 4 in our area?

LG G3 has excellent RF performance, better than GS5, cant speak for Note 4, but from what I hear Note 4 is not that great of a RF performer.

Also, quite a few Sprint phones support Wifi Calling, including the GS5 and LG G3, so that will probably help if you don't have voice coverage where you work or live.

LG G3 has excellent RF performance, better than GS5, cant speak for Note 4, but from what I hear Note 4 is not that great of a RF performer.

Also, quite a few Sprint phones support Wifi Calling, including the GS5 and LG G3, so that will probably help if you don't have voice coverage where you work or live.

Whats interesting is when I went to visit my best friend in Spring Hill. His G3 could not get LTE inside his house while my Nexus 6 was sitting from -112 -117 dbm

Whats interesting is when I went to visit my best friend in Spring Hill. His G3 could not get LTE inside his house while my Nexus 6 was sitting from -112 -117 dbm

B41 is better on G3, B26 is better N6. So it would make sense that the N6 would be better at the edge of signal.