Syph3r

Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

After using VoLTE for a full day. It seems to work pretty good. I had some issues today at work. I turned on WiFi calling on my iPhone. That all went away. Also I didn’t have the latest iOS update which fixed some voLTE and messaging issues. I’ll give it another go tomorrow to see if things improve.

• Like 1

After using voLTE again. The call reliability has dropped off. Especially in fringe areas. Sometimes I’ll be driving down the road and the call would just drop. I’ve had more dropped calls in the last 2 days than I’ve had all year. Hopefully things improve from here.

• Like 1

After using voLTE again. The call reliability has dropped off. Especially in fringe areas. Sometimes I’ll be driving down the road and the call would just drop. I’ve had more dropped calls in the last 2 days than I’ve had all year. Hopefully things improve from here.
To me the iPhone xs b26 performance coverage wise is not good anyway. My S9+ is way better at it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I’m starting to think that Sprint is doing some optimization behind the scenes. VoLTE is starting to work better day by day. I enabled WiFi calling to help me in the known low signal areas.

I’m starting to think that Sprint is doing some optimization behind the scenes. VoLTE is starting to work better day by day. I enabled WiFi calling to help me in the known low signal areas.
Now if only the S9/+/note9 could use it

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Now if only the S9/+/note9 could use it

That’s one of the things I like about Apple devices. They have the features, they work and work well.

That’s one of the things I like about Apple devices. They have the features, they work and work well.
That's on Sprints end. The S8/S10 have it

• Like 1

My data has been better since VoLTE launched in our market. I don’t have to turn of LTE while I’m at work anymore. Social media loads pretty good with only one bar of signal 

• Like 1

My data has been better since VoLTE launched in our market. I don’t have to turn of LTE while I’m at work anymore. Social media loads pretty good with only one bar of signal 

Does seem like VoLTE devices get priority

On 6/9/2019 at 3:26 PM, 1dante said:

That wouldn't be related to VoLTE, would it? I imagine your experience is from recent bandwidth upgrades to your area.

5 minutes ago, Ascertion said:

That wouldn't be related to VoLTE, would it? I imagine your experience is from recent bandwidth upgrades to your area.

Good band management/TM parameters can do wonders for congestion. 

• Like 1

Not sure. As far as I know it’s still 10x10 B25 and there have been some B41 upgrades but I don’t connect to it until I get closer to the interstate on my way home. I live in Gainesville but work in a small rural town about 15-20 minutes away. 

Jax has been 15x15 on Band 25 for about a year now. Band 41 on almost every site that I see. Clear wire only sites converted to full build sites.
  • Like 1

Jax has been 15x15 on Band 25 for about a year now. Band 41 on almost every site that I see. Clear wire only sites converted to full build sites.

How is density?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is density?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Density is great now with the Clearwire only sites are full build. Some of my problem areas are filled in.

I just moved into a new house less than a week ago. I only received 1 bar of band 26 barely usable. This morning I wake up and have full bars of band 41. I don’t know if it’s T-Mobile roaming but I’ll post some screen shots.

IMG_1861.pngIMG_1862.pngIMG_1864.png

2 hours ago, tybo31316 said:

I just moved into a new house less than a week ago. I only received 1 bar of band 26 barely usable. This morning I wake up and have full bars of band 41. I don’t know if it’s T-Mobile roaming but I’ll post some screen shots.

IMG_1861.pngIMG_1862.pngIMG_1864.png

Looks like a new magic box on your block to me. 

• Like 1

Looks like a new magic box on your block to me. 

Definitely helping me out

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By Abyss19707
      I was in the zip codes of 33993 and 33991 today and did some speed tests on speedtest.net
      I got speeds of about .8 Mbps with peek rates of 1 Mbps. I tried to upload pictures but the uploader said files were to large but even though they were below the maximum file size

• By Bulls729
      Specifically Metro West area, seeing some really good EVDO numbers. 2.00+ down ~0.6-1.1 up. Sitting at home.

Tower info: Operator 310 05116 NID: 27 BID: 4419 Signal: -88dBm

Current phone: HTC EVO 4G LTE, PRI 2.45_003, BB 1.05.11.0606, PRL 12124 MeanROM 3.0
    • By Fifth313ment
      Hello,

I've been following the network.sprint.com site and just in the past year in South Florida there have been over 700+ upgrades to towers in my area (Miami/Fort Lauderdale) with another like 400+ planned! I've been taking screen grabs and adding them up. I know we are on the second tier LTE launch list but could they be doing the upgrades now? I mean I have noticed the speed on my 3G shoot up from unbearable to quite fast in the past 6 months or so. Also the speed of 3G on my new EVO LTE is about double+ of that on my OG EVO! So are these just a lot of 3G upgrades, normal maintenance, Network Vision or new LTE cabinets? When I choose other cities from the drop-down list they have a quarter of the updates that the towers in my area are getting except for say New York, lol. I've tried 4G LTE on my new EVO LTE with no luck. I remember that before the 4G Wimax launch down here in some areas I could get Wimax on one or two towers in certain locations so I thought they might test like last time. Thanks for any answers in advance.

5th
    • Writing this from a few miles west of Fredericksburg, where my phone defaults to 5 MHz of B2 unless I flat-out block that band. No idea why, as B2 performance is can't-run-a-speedtest poor here. B66 is fine, with something like 15x15 spread over a few channels, though upload speeds are poor. NR is hit-or-miss (mostly miss); I'm not seeing more than ~-110 RSRP on B71 so that cell site is apparently nowhere near here. Thing is, since that spectrum is so quiet, I can still pull 20-35 Mbps down on that band (10x10), though of course upload speeds are poor. On the way here, I hit my highest-ever NR download speed: 201 Mbps, just north of where 290 WB merges into 281 for a bit. Uploads are low (~4 Mbps) and jitter was high, and I believe that was on 15 MHz of n71 plus >= 25 MHz of CA'd LTE (2+12+66 I think) but still impressive. I hit 179/22.7 right before. Basically as soon as we hit the Belterra shopping area west of Austin, the network went from being capacity constrained to...not. NR wasn't available for most of the trip, but LTE turned in some solid speeds (70/10) on T-Mobile. There was a point along the way where there was a near-complete dead zone...no Sprint, T-Mobile, or even AT&T roaming. I *might* have had 1x the entire time, but I think that even that dropped for about a half-mile. Sprint B26, then B25, were the first to come back, with T-Mobile B2 a mile or two later. If T-Mo put 600 wherever that Sprint site is on the west side of that dead zone, pretty sure there would be no more dead zone. As an aside, B12 lower-A/B are owned by West Central Wireless near Fredericksburg, so T-Mobile doesn't have B12 here, only B71 and mid-and. In contrast to T-Mobile's performance, Sprint had usable B41 most of the way, though there were points where my phone dipped to B25/26 if I didn't force 41. Actually got the fastest B41 download speeds I've seen on my phone around Deep Eddy, at 196/4 and 179/5. I think this was even on a MiniMacro rather than a full cell site. Finally, yesterday east of Pflugerville (east of Lake Pflugerville) I hit 86.7/46.6 on 10 MHz of n71. Yes, some of that was CA, and yes, that's in a sweet spot where you're at the edge of urban cell spacing but are on a sector pointed out into the countryside, but I'll take it. By contrast, Sprint's MiniMacro had poor service there.
    • They won't have to deploy midband RRUs to meet deployment requirements since 600/700/800 travels further, and the tech is the same for both. Midband will be solely a capacity play, since that'll get them 40 MHz of downlink and 15 MHz of uplink in most areas (see https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/wake-doj-deal-where-dish-s-spectrum-and-how-much-does-it-have). That's on top of low-band, which after n26 comes online will be 20x15 (albeit split over three different bands) at least, and a symmetric amount more in some markets. With a comparatively minuscule customer count, the network should fly with that amount of spectrum. My guess is that in three years Dish won't have touched 30% of the US population, so T-Mobile will be able to renew 600 licenses in those areas uncontested, including in plenty of rural areas, for another three years. For the remaining 70% of the US population (which will be a pretty small % of territory, so a rather small number of licenses), there'll be areas where Dish will try to squeak by with a low-band-only build, and *those* are the areas they'll be compete more on for spectrum leasing. For areas where there's enough traffic to build out mid-band, Dish may or may not need the extra 600...and those are probably the same areas T-Mobile will have a blanket of n41...so competition for that spectrum may be a bit more tepid, with the winner being whoever has more 600 sites lit since site density will determine capacity. One interesting thing to note here: Boost already sells a phone that's (partially) compatible with Dish's upcoming network: the S20 (n66 and n71). In pure dollar terms, they're subsidizing that phone the most our of their entire lineup, selling it at $720. Still spendy, but at least they'll have *some* phones in the field that support the new network, and as time goes on they'll be able to sell the S20 for cheaper. Assuming they're okay with folks dropping down to T-Mobile LTE for voice since the X55 modem can't do VoNR, and sitting primarily on n71 because the phone can't aggregate NR-NR. It's probably worthwhile for them to get a variant of the S20 recertified with n70, as that's adjacent to bands 66 and 25 so radio performance should still be fine. That would give the S20 access to their full native mid-band network on a phone most likely to be picked up by the folks who'd use the most data on their network. With all that said, I would *not* expect Dish to pick up any more 5G phones until they're able to get one with an X60 or equivalent modem; having a network spread across slices of five bands from the get-go means NR-NR aggregation is important, and it'll take VoNR to keep phones from dropping down to roaming on TMo to make phone calls. So I don't expect Boost will get the A51 5G or A71 5G...better to sell LTE-only phones and then introduce phones with better chipsets later, to avoid heavily subsidizing phones twice. Then, once you've got a $400 phone with VoNR, sell bundle it with two months of unlimited-everything service and you're off to the races. I figure we'll be at that point by this time next year, at which point I'll probably pick that phone up to see what Dish's network is like...as long as they allow tethering at full speed.
    • They have ordered triband n71, n26 and n29 low frequency RRUs and dual band n70 and n66. Something tells me that they will deploy the lower band first and then deploy enough of the midband RRUs to meet the deployment requirements. Of course I expect them to deploy first in the urban areas then suburban. Overall I think they will live within their means as far as deployment, shielded by the roaming agreement with t-mobile.  For me the interesting event will happen in 3 years when T-Mobile's leases with other holders of 600Mhz spectrum expire. Will we see a bidding war between T-Mobile and Dish for those leases?