Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Aiight, here's a question for you Note 2 users

MA7 vs LK8 vs MC2 modems?

any one here from southern california have any recommendations? Reason i asked i recently upgraded to MC2 i get less 4G LTE in San Diego, i kinda feel like its Evo LTE all over again LOL

so perhaps wondering about others here experience with modems of Note 2, i am definitely going back to MA7 modem because i hate to change between too many times to avoid doing something wrong

My impression of the LTE in San Diego is that it's way too variable from day to day and hour to hour to tell if the baseband makes a difference. It'll be interesting to hear if going back helps, but I suggest waiting until LTE is officially turned on before doing any serious tests.

My Note 2 (unrooted) got the upgrade on Wednesday, and I haven't noticed a significant change.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

My impression of the LTE in San Diego is that it's way too variable from day to day and hour to hour to tell if the baseband makes a difference. It'll be interesting to hear if going back helps, but I suggest waiting until LTE is officially turned on before doing any serious tests.

My Note 2 (unrooted) got the upgrade on Wednesday, and I haven't noticed a significant change.

your right, it is not official LTE market and most is just testing

so far for me on my note 2, it has made a difference on getting LTE and holding onto LTE signal

going up and down highway 5 from airport to imperial beach.....sensorly maps pick up more than twice 4G counts on MA7 vs the new MC2...but it depends per note 2.

and i learned from Digi PRL has nothing to do with getting better signal or not LOL cant blame it on PRL

im definitely learning a lot and noticing the lil things

your right, it is not official LTE market and most is just testing

so far for me on my note 2, it has made a difference on getting LTE and holding onto LTE signal

going up and down highway 5 from airport to imperial beach.....sensorly maps pick up more than twice 4G counts on MA7 vs the new MC2...but it depends per note 2.

and i learned from Digi PRL has nothing to do with getting better signal or not LOL cant blame it on PRL

im definitely learning a lot and noticing the lil things

day 2 with being on ma7 again, and results the same, the mc2 modem for my phone didnt play so well

MC2 hasn't been too bad in San Diego, although LTE connectivity seems to be less apt to take without several forced airplane mode toggles, but I would attribute that more to the testing and upgrades occurring countywide with the whole signal/site up, signal/site down ever so fickle jekyll and hyde connectivity I've been seeing.

Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know this, but I was excited to notice today that my LTE data connection stays active during phone calls.

Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know this, but I was excited to notice today that my LTE data connection stays active during phone calls.

Yep! While the Note II does not do SVDO (simultaneous voice and EV-DO), it does do SVLTE (simultaneous voice and LTE). Should come in handy as LTE coverage grows! :)

Edit: I'm pretty sure this is because the Note II uses the same antenna for 1X and EV-DO and a separate antenna for LTE. However, I could be remembering that incorrectly.

Edited by PDXmike

Yep! While the Note II does not do SVDO (simultaneous voice and EV-DO), it does do SVLTE (simultaneous voice and LTE). Should come in handy as LTE coverage grows! :)

Edit: I'm pretty sure this is because the Note II uses the same antenna for 1X and EV-DO and a separate antenna for LTE. However, I could be remembering that incorrectly.

You are right. 1X and EVDO share the same antenna and path thereby making SVDO a non possibility. However, soon we won't need that feature as LTE is growing day by day.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Guess I have learned something from reading around here! :D

Me too. And AJ has taught me a lot. I really appreciate what he and everyone else have done on here.

• Like 2

Me too. And AJ has taught me a lot. I really appreciate what he and everyone else have done on here.

Agreed. I've learned quite a bit from AJ, Robert, you, and everyone else, and appreciate it as well. Only question is how much of what I read will stick with me. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally downloaded Flash for my phone. Now I can see the neat Nextel iDen Shutdown countdown clock on the home page.

In case anyone else needs it: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/android/11.1.115.34/install_flash_player_ics.apk

• Like 1

i noticed that google wallet updated yesterday, but it is still not working for me... but there is this...

https://twitter.com/googlewallet/status/334819697495273473

8a07d8edcaae4b271035d5261315b71e_normal.png

@
googlewallet

Google Wallet app now on Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint), HTC One (Sprint) & Samsung Galaxy Note II (Sprint & US Cellular) http://goo.gl/w9Xrs

I have not ever had a Google Wallet transaction work for me, on any device. I've given up.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I have not ever had a Google Wallet transaction work for me, on any device. I've given up.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

On the contrary, Google Wallet has been exceptional for me. I've even used it several times online, so it just makes the whole check out process much easier.

Maybe you can try at a CVS, that's where it always works for me.

-Luis

On the contrary, Google Wallet has been exceptional for me. I've even used it several times online, so it just makes the whole check out process much easier.

Maybe you can try at a CVS, that's where it always works for me.

-Luis

We have a CVS here in town. It has never worked for me on three different devices. :(

Robert

Using the Update from the Play Market, Wallet now allows me to login on my Note 2 running CM10.1. Previously, I had to make a build prop change. I'm going to test it this week as the build prop change broke my bluetooth, so I never kept it.

We have a CVS here in town. It has never worked for me on three different devices. :(

Robert

This is just for the Lulz, but the one time it didn't work for me I just stood there tapping my phone against their card terminal. I swear the casher looked at me like I was the strangest person in the whole world.

-Luis

• Like 1

I used it on my EVO LTE when I had it and they gave you that free 10 or 15 bucks to try it out. The circle K cashier looked so confused and was shocked to see it go through. I told him it was Google wallet. He pulls out his iPhone as I walked away. I assume he was searching for his app.

I saw the update on my phone this morning but it says it isn't supported yet. Maybe because I don't have the latest base yet as I haven't had time to update my custom Rom yet.

Sent from my little Note2

I used it on my EVO LTE when I had it and they gave you that free 10 or 15 bucks to try it out. The circle K cashier looked so confused and was shocked to see it go through. I told him it was Google wallet. He pulls out his iPhone as I walked away. I assume he was searching for his app.

I saw the update on my phone this morning but it says it isn't supported yet. Maybe because I don't have the latest base yet as I haven't had time to update my custom Rom yet.

From what I've read at XDA, The Unsupported Device message can be ignored, if you get prompted for your PIN and have a card linked, it will work.

From what I've read at XDA, The Unsupported Device message can be ignored, if you get prompted for your PIN and have a card linked, it will work.

No it says it is not available for my device yet. I know about the ignoring the unsupported message.

On my Note 2 it says, "Not supported. Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network."

It only gives me the option of OK. When I select OK, it closes the app. In the case of the Note 2, it is more than just the unsupported device message. I've seen that before on rooted devices and just ignore it.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Google Wallet version from the play store, and it was unsuccessful and still gave me the "Not supported" window.

Robert