Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Only devices I ever remember having to preflash something else to flash a new rom were the Samsung devices affected by the SuperBrick bug in the last 16 months. Until the Devs figured out how to make safe recoveries and updater scripts.

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus on what's available right now. I've been keeping an eye on the upgrade prices that are out on it right now. Most are back up to $249...yikes!! I'm kinda hoping that the S4 will be released soon, in hopes that it drives the price on the Note II back down a bit.

Still $199 at rewardzonemobile.com for an upgrade (You can do store pick-up with this too)

$99 for new service, $249 for upgrade, $149 for add a line at Amazon.com

• Like 1

Still $199 at rewardzonemobile.com for an upgrade (You can do store pick-up with this too)

$99 for new service, $249 for upgrade, $149 for add a line at Amazon.com

Excellent! Thanks for the info.

Excellent! Thanks for the info.

I spoke to my Sprint dedicated care rep last week and she offered me a Note 2 on an upgrade for $149. I got her to throw in a second for $149 on a line that wasn't upgrade eligible for 4 more months. Try talking to someone at Sprint to see if they'll give you a deal like that. I didn't even ask...she offered it. We don't have a big account either...only 8 lines.

We don't have a big account either...only 8 lines.

I would venture to say that is a "fairly" decent sized account. :P

That is a sweet deal though.

I actually have to contact them upon using my upgrade anyway. After having to do a buy-up on an early upgrade for the wife last year, the rep told me to contact them back when mine became available (near the end of the contract term) and they'd offer me a credit that was comparable to the fee that I paid for the buy-up...plus they'd waive the activation fees.

Not sure how much of that was bs or not, but if it holds true I'll pretty much be paying less than fifty bucks for it.

Was going to pickup another note2 if I could get dedicated rep to do 150 but it was a no go. Account has just about 70 lines on it. I have been able to get good deals in the past but not the 150 for the note so just depends but is always good to check with them if you have a dedicated rep. When I purchased mine it was from amazon for 200. You will definitely not regret this phone. I honestly don't see me ever going to a smaller one now.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I'd go back to something the size of the S3 if I could get my keyboard back. I do miss the Epic. 1st phone I used for almost three years.

Thought I would share this. My Note 2 is on the right. Wife's coworker got phone on left from family member overseas. Original box and screen protector etc all say Note 3. After these were taken, she put in a Walmart Family Mobile sim in and was able to use the phone.

ehu8y9ap.jpg

asa5u8an.jpg

9uvyha7a.jpg

• Like 1

Whos box is on the left? The box is for a black phone.

There is no Samsung branding nor a physical home key. This doesn't fit with the current Samsung design trend. The Samsung Mega at 6.3" or 5.8" have physical home buttons. Doesn't look like TouchWiz either. Would love a pic of the back of the phone and screenshot of the about page. Probable Samsung knock off is my guess.

Thought I would share this. My Note 2 is on the right. Wife's coworker got phone on left from family member overseas. Original box and screen protector etc all say Note 3. After these were taken, she put in a Walmart Family Mobile sim in and was able to use the phone.

Can you pull the back cover and get some pics of the model/battery/etc?

Was going to pickup another note2 if I could get dedicated rep to do 150 but it was a no go. Account has just about 70 lines on it. I have been able to get good deals in the past but not the 150 for the note so just depends but is always good to check with them if you have a dedicated rep. When I purchased mine it was from amazon for 200. You will definitely not regret this phone. I honestly don't see me ever going to a smaller one now.

Ok, now I have to take back what I said in regards to MReiser's post...70 lines?!?! Please tell me you own a business, or have a REALLY large family plan. :P

Ok, now I have to take back what I said in regards to MReiser's post...70 lines?!?! Please tell me you own a business, or have a REALLY large family plan. :P

Sounds like business to me, unless he has some sort of addictive psuedo-masochistic need to continuously add-a-line to get a subsidized phone each and every time a new device comes out. If I could I probably would myself :lol:

• Like 1

It is a business account, that is how I have a dedicated care rep. I do, however, have a phone addiction and carry two phones with me daily. Also, I basically have the ability to upgrade my phone whenever I want so that doesn't help me with the phone addiction lol.

• Like 1