Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Its good to have that program..

well, luckily digi had a good zip. ;)

it seemed to load successfully, but i'll grab it for future tinkering.

It is just a good full proofing to make sure the flash goes good. Never know with the Internets.Sent from my little Note2

this is very true.

I appreciate y'alls help with this. Now to see if this will fix the issues I was having. ;)

• Like 1

Would a different PRL benefit me any?

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Digiblur has a great PRL that gives you ability to get 3G EVDO roaming when off the Sprint network (instead of just 1x) and also will allow you to access any open 800MHz networks.  It's great.

Robert

• Like 1

Would a different PRL benefit me any?

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Digiblur has a great PRL that gives you ability to get 3G EVDO roaming when off the Sprint network (instead of just 1x) and also will allow you to access any open 800MHz networks. It's great.

Robert

what prl number is that?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

where might one find said prl? would i need to pm digi for this?

Yep.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Not sure if I should though... But he does live in my hometown.

Sent from my little Note2

:P well there ya go!

and while we're on the subject... ;)...is it an issue if my binary counter doesn't return to 0 and i restore to factory stock? i saw something about some of these devices only resetting to 1, so i checked mine and it's doing that as well. 

:P well there ya go!

and while we're on the subject... ;)...is it an issue if my binary counter doesn't return to 0 and i restore to factory stock? i saw something about some of these devices only resetting to 1, so i checked mine and it's doing that as well. 

No idea to be honest.  I've never checked nor have I have seen the store check it.

No idea to be honest.  I've never checked nor have I have seen the store check it.

That's cool. I was just curious. 

Also no need to get a special PRL for 800SMR in your area anymore unless of course you want 3G roaming.

I was thinking about why/if I would even need it. I rarely go into roaming anyway...

And a quick question that I forgot to ask about your ROM...when I installed it said "no MD5 file found". Why? And dont say, "because it's not there". :P 

Edited by d_rail34

I was thinking about why/if I would even need it. I rarely go into roaming anyway...

And a quick question that I forgot to ask about your ROM...when I installed it said "no MD5 file found". Why? And dont say, "because it's not there". :P

Well then my answer is no comment.  

All an MD5 is a hash of the file.  If for some reason part of the zip gets corrupted on your internets or the download is incomplete the hash will be totally different.  When I upload the file to Androidfilehost it makes an MD5 hash, I always re-download the file and compare it to my original file's MD5 hash to make sure the upload went up correctly.  Unfortunately some devs skip this test.

And next time there will be two files to download and it won't say MD5 file not found.  I'll include one so TWRP will verify the ZIP automatically.  Thanks for making me google this!

• Like 2

Well then my answer is no comment.  

All an MD5 is a hash of the file.  If for some reason part of the zip gets corrupted on your internets or the download is incomplete the hash will be totally different.  When I upload the file to Androidfilehost it makes an MD5 hash, I always re-download the file and compare it to my original file's MD5 hash to make sure the upload went up correctly.  Unfortunately some devs skip this test.

And next time there will be two files to download and it won't say MD5 file not found.  I'll include one so TWRP will verify the ZIP automatically.  Thanks for making me google this!

That's what I'm here for!  :tu:

• 4 weeks later...

The SXTP Developers group posted on twitter that they have a leak of 4.2.2 for the L900

I wonder if that will be pushed quickly or will it be held back until they fix the baseband.  I'm sure the baseband 800SMR fix is high priority as that affects roaming dollars.

• Like 2

I wonder if that will be pushed quickly or will it be held back until they fix the baseband.  I'm sure the baseband 800SMR fix is high priority as that affects roaming dollars.

I'm wondering what the baseband issue is actually is, I've been using your PRL and had no issues on SMR for voice and text.

I wonder if that will be pushed quickly or will it be held back until they fix the baseband. I'm sure the baseband 800SMR fix is high priority as that affects roaming dollars.

I'm wondering what the baseband issue is actually is, I've been using your PRL and had no issues on SMR for voice and text.

Same here as I didn't have any issues when I was in 800smr areas either. But I did see someone in the Shentel market saying they had issues.

Doesn't bother me at this point though as I will just overwrite the 2xxx. No 800smr cdma in my area anyways. Maybe next month or so I will get to test it out. Work in this market has slowed dramatically in the past few weeks. Not sure if the market launch has anything to do with it or just backhaul availability.

• Like 1

Same here as I didn't have any issues when I was in 800smr areas either. But I did see someone in the Shentel market saying they had issues.

Doesn't bother me at this point though as I will just overwrite the 2xxx. No 800smr cdma in my area anyways. Maybe next month or so I will get to test it out. Work in this market has slowed dramatically in the past few weeks. Not sure if the market launch has anything to do with it or just backhaul availability.

I expect to see a ton of CDMA SMR lighting up in West Michigan as we have terrible towers spacing from iPCS, kinda like ya'll deal with in NOLA.

I expect to see a ton of CDMA SMR lighting up in West Michigan as we have terrible towers spacing from iPCS, kinda like ya'll deal with in NOLA.

NOLA has pretty decent spacing and even some sites covering odd places where no one lives nor goes.  It wasn't an affiliate area.  That type of network quickly changes though when you go to Baton Rouge.  It's a shame that Sprint didn't hold the affiliates to a better standard, as it really has cost them revenue in the end.

Keeping an eye on the 800SMR here as well.  Haven't seen a peep of it which is kind of odd to be honest but at least the 800 RRUs are up and flying.  I hope they get them drive tested, accepted and online pretty soon. 

• Like 1

A few of you look familiar in this forum. I live in Columbus Ohio and we had our first lte tower go live last week. Few note II specific questions. 1) do you have a good root that won't bring me down to stock? I love touch whiz but ehrmmmm really like wifi hotspots too :) 2) when will the note start supporting 800mhz 1x adv?

Thx!

Has anyone had any issues with "media server" draining your battery? The only fix that I can come up with when I notice a rapid drain is to reboot. Haven't been able to find anything else that will help with this issue. 

Has anyone had any issues with "media server" draining your battery? The only fix that I can come up with when I notice a rapid drain is to reboot. Haven't been able to find anything else that will help with this issue. 

do you have a ton of large size of video or movies?

the media server scanner which populates the audio/video/picture library might be getting stuck on a large and/or corrupted video.

• Like 1