Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Nah...just 1 movie & some music. I'm sure I have quite a few pics stacked up by now. I'll clean those up and see if it helps.

Had tons of pics and videos myself on my phone with no issues. I would go with the recommendation of figuring out which file it is getting hung up on though.

I've noticed that it's happening after I use my music player, so I'm going with music files. Sheesh...Ought to be fun figuring out which one. lol

Wonder when sprint will have the new 4.2.2 update

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If you follow the leakers SamMobile on twitter, it is delayed pending a new version of TouchWiz

PRL probably. It will update periodically even if it is the same version.

Ok...I wasn't sure what it was so I just denied it.

I was reading about the possibility of Sprint skipping the 4.2.2 update altogether and releasing the 4.3 instead. With that being said...when they do release the update, will I be able to install the update on this kick ass ROM that i'm using, or will I have to go back to stock first?  :P

Ok...I wasn't sure what it was so I just denied it.

I was reading about the possibility of Sprint skipping the 4.2.2 update altogether and releasing the 4.3 instead. With that being said...when they do release the update, will I be able to install the update on this kick ass ROM that i'm using, or will I have to go back to stock first? :P

The update will fail since files are changed and missing. No biggie. You wait for people to donate enough beer then digi kicks out a new ROM.

• Like 1

The update will fail since files are changed and missing. No biggie. You wait for people to donate enough beer then digi kicks out a new ROM.

LOL...I have some moonshine that was given as a gift from a friend in Kentucky. Next time you're in the Lake area I'll hook ya up with a hork off my hooch.  :lol:

Wife's note 2 won't turn on any suggestions? I put my battery in it that was fully charged nothing. Pulled battery and left out overnight nothing. Had for 6 months not rooted fully stock bought at best buy.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Wife's note 2 won't turn on any suggestions? I put my battery in it that was fully charged nothing. Pulled battery and left out overnight nothing. Had for 6 months not rooted fully stock bought at best buy.

If you don't have insurance/protection plan on it, I would take it and have the battery tested, or have someone put a different battery in it to see if that's what the issue is. If there is no protection plan of any sort for it, contact Samsung because you still have a factory warranty. 

Yeah I put the battery from mine it no change. I was thinking I might have to go through Samsung I didn't put a protection plan on the phone

Yeah I put the battery from mine it no change. I was thinking I might have to go through Samsung I didn't put a protection plan on the phone

I would just contact Samsung. If there hasn't been any type of serious abuse (dropped, submerged, etc.) to the device, they should warranty it for you.

Any ETA for when the GN2 will support 800 mhz voice? I know there's some sort of PRL fix that's being worked on..

It supports it as many used with no issues since the device came out last year. It was only recently removed due to some users having issues in some areas.

I haven't heard a word myself on when it is coming back.

I'm torn. I want the phone but I will loose 4g till who knows when. The size is really going to be a love hate deal. I will love the 5.5 inch display but man its big. I guess I have 2 weeks to take it back if I can't live with the size or .3g.

Didn't really think it would be 9 months without 4G at hone or work but I lived. 4G soon I still hope.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It supports it as many used with no issues since the device came out last year. It was only recently removed due to some users having issues in some areas.

I haven't heard a word myself on when it is coming back.

Which regional areas? Portland, Oregon?

The Shentel (Central PA) market is definitely one of them. When they activated the first group of towers with 800 in my area I went 2 days with no voice/txt. My Note2 would connect to 800 and the only connection I could use was LTE. This was only near towers upgraded with 800. When I would enter into an area with 1900 my voice/txt worked fine. So after a few days of that they released PRL 2000 and my phone stopped connecting to 800. Now the issue I'm currently having is my phone is dropping calls all over the place with strong 1X signal and right after the call drops my Signal Check app will chime with 800 for a split second. This has has been an absolute nightmare while trying to make phone calls. I'm not sure if it's isolated to the Shentel Alcatel-Lucent build out but I know they currently have the most 800 on the East Coast. If they don't get this figured out we could have a big problem with the Note 2 on the 800 side as the build out continues acrossed the country. On a positive note(no pun intended) I noticed other Sprint users in my area are running smoothly on 800, only the note 2 customers are having the issues. I wake up everyday checking for a new prl, hoping they figured it out and customer care/tech support is unaware of any issues, probably because I'm in a Shentel market. Hopefully this is resolved soon because I really love this phone.

What I don't understand.. I don't think users were having issues with the last firmware release re: 800 so why can't they just issue a new update with the last modem firmware!? Or at least Samsung should know what they changed in the modem to make a quick new fix!

I really hope we do not have to wait until Q4/4.3 ROM for the problem to be fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD