Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

The Grey x is from Google Talk. When they are online it is solid green. If they are idle it is yellow

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

ahh i see many thanks!

After having my Note II for 2 days, I am really impressed with it's capacity as a workhorse. Nothing slows it down! The large size is not an issue using it as a phone like I feared. It can find and hold an LTE signal like a champ too; I had a usable LTE signal 2 miles over the Betsy Ross Bridge in New Jersey...my EVO lost the signal before I had arrived on the other side of the bridge. Call clarity and volume was excellent. The only thing that disappointed me was the screen resolution. Compared to the EVO LTE, the screen is choppy & pixelated. Scrolling through facebook just wasnt as smooth or clear. The color clarity and vibrancy is good however, and movies look really good on the larger screen. Overall I am really happy & excited to be able to get my hands on such a nice piece.

I know none of this was groundbreaking information, but this was a big deal for me as a month ago I was 100% certain that my next phone would be the HTC One. I might still replace my EVO with a One, but I am seriously impressed with the Note II.

So I used titanium backup to remove sprint connection optimizer now when I try to go to mobile network in settings it crashes, did I royally screw my phone up?

No. But I do recommend freezing an app first before to test it. It's also not a bad idea to reboot into TWRP recovery every once in a while and hit backup (enable compression) and save it with a name you can recognize like the data to your SD card. This backs up everything except for your SD card of course. For instance I brought my phone to the store so I flashed a stock ROM for the guy with factory reset settings, when I got back in the car I restored the backup and my phone was exactly back like I had it.

The SecPhone module makes a call to check the connection optimizer in the mobile networks settings. In order to completely remove it I removed the call. Flash the SecPhone module below in this link in recovery. This also includes the stupid Roaming data lost notification as well.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38866068&postcount=158

No. But I do recommend freezing an app first before to test it. It's also not a bad idea to reboot into TWRP recovery every once in a while and hit backup (enable compression) and save it with a name you can recognize like the data to your SD card. This backs up everything except for your SD card of course. For instance I brought my phone to the store so I flashed a stock ROM for the guy with factory reset settings' date=' when I got back in the car I restored the backup and my phone was exactly back like I had it.

The SecPhone module makes a call to check the connection optimizer in the mobile networks settings. In order to completely remove it I removed the call. Flash the SecPhone module below in this link in recovery. This also includes the stupid Roaming data lost notification as well.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38866068&postcount=158[/quote']

When I rooted the device I didn't install a custom boot loader so I guess I should go back and add that huh

When I rooted the device I didn't install a custom boot loader so I guess I should go back and add that huh

Custom Recovery is the term. Yes indeed. That's a must! TWRP is the way to go.

• Like 2

'Drunk Uncle' on "Saturday Night Live" tonight made fun of your Galaxy Notes.

AJ

• Like 1

I will get there at some point. I haven't had too many problems with stock touchwiz on the note 2 yet, but that is always subject to change.

I will get there at some point. I haven't had too many problems with stock touchwiz on the note 2 yet, but that is always subject to change.

Just out of curiosity...

...I noticed that you have the 64gb mSD. Did you get the class 10 card? If so...which one, and how does it respond?

Just out of curiosity...

...I noticed that you have the 64gb mSD. Did you get the class 10 card? If so...which one, and how does it respond?

for mine, its stock & rooted with TWRP and 64GB MicroSD card class 10 from SanDisk and just works great and I'm assuming how it should be LOL

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity...

...I noticed that you have the 64gb mSD. Did you get the class 10 card? If so...which one' date=' and how does it respond?[/quote']

The ultra class card seems to work well for me

• Like 1

So I'm unable to go into mobile networks under settings, every time I try it crashes I've done a factory restore and still nothing any suggestions?

I posted a link with the fix for you to flash. Or you could always drop the connectionoptimizer back in the system/app folder.

I posted a link with the fix for you to flash. Or you could always drop the connectionoptimizer back in the system/app folder.

Can I flash it with stock recovery or do I have to install a custom recovery

Can I flash it with stock recovery or do I have to install a custom recovery

Stock recovery won't work. Flash a custom recovery. Takes 3 or 4 seconds to flash and doesn't wipe anything.

Sent from my little Note2

Just out of curiosity...

Like possibly everyone else here, I am using a UHS (equivalent to class-10? citation needed) variant. Seems fairly reliable and gets the job done, no complaints so far in the speed department. I use them for all of my devices.

Custom Recovery is the term. Yes indeed. That's a must! TWRP is the way to go.

Alright so i put twrp and flashed the file from the link you sent me and it still wont let me access my mobile networks in settings. Any other thoughts?

Like possibly everyone else here, I am using a UHS (equivalent to class-10? citation needed) variant. Seems fairly reliable and gets the job done, no complaints so far in the speed department. I use them for all of my devices.

Cool. I'm due for my upgrade on the 1st, so I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row.

...now I have to figure out if I want to wait & see a side-by-side comparison between the Note II/GS4, or just say screw it and get the Note II.

• Like 1

Yes i flashed the removal tool

Should be fine now.. If not then just flash a stock ROM over it or drop the connection optimizer from a stock ROM into your system app folder.

Sent from my little Note2

Cool. I'm due for my upgrade on the 1st, so I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row.

...now I have to figure out if I want to wait & see a side-by-side comparison between the Note II/GS4, or just say screw it and get the Note II.

yeah i was in same perspective and i said screw it, i like bigger screen and i know note 2 comes with great battery performance off the bat. Its true u hardy use the s-pen but everything else just works off the bat. I still havent loaded a custom rom, but i have Rooted and put TWRP on it.

yeah i was in same perspective and i said screw it, i like bigger screen and i know note 2 comes with great battery performance off the bat. Its true u hardy use the s-pen but everything else just works off the bat. I still havent loaded a custom rom, but i have Rooted and put TWRP on it.

That's exactly what my mindset is. As far as rooting...never done it before, so I'm sure I'll just leave it stock for a while. At some point I'll root it though. In the least it'll calm my inner geek. :P

• Like 1

That's exactly what my mindset is. As far as rooting...never done it before, so I'm sure I'll just leave it stock for a while. At some point I'll root it though. In the least it'll calm my inner geek. :P

with samsung devices, trust me its much easier than HTC, I did a big mistake, i took its first update and it updated its hboot, which is needed to unlock the phone to update radio after rooting it. I was able to root it but had to wait a 3 or 4 months before they came out with a easy unlocking method(DirtyRacun), not as easy as my note 2 but easier than all those multiple steps doing it by hand adb commands, needing to use linyx in order to complete.

one reason i rooted my galaxy note 2, is because i wanted to move app data from evo lte into note 2, like saved game data from games, my car maintenance reminders, etc...oh and my text messages as well all in one shot LOL

but i havent loaded a custom rom on this phone, "why break the phone if it isnt broken" so imma hold off on loading a custom rom when this phone just works how it should be.

the processor on s4 is way faster, but my note 2 is just fast enough, if u want more speed and still holding off u can wait to compare the both....

as far with my note 2, i am very happy customer and will be for remainder of this year

with samsung devices, trust me its much easier than HTC, I did a big mistake, i took its first update and it updated its hboot, which is needed to unlock the phone to update radio after rooting it. I was able to root it but had to wait a 3 or 4 months before they came out with a easy unlocking method(DirtyRacun), not as easy as my note 2 but easier than all those multiple steps doing it by hand adb commands, needing to use linyx in order to complete.

one reason i rooted my galaxy note 2, is because i wanted to move app data from evo lte into note 2, like saved game data from games, my car maintenance reminders, etc...oh and my text messages as well all in one shot LOL

but i havent loaded a custom rom on this phone, "why break the phone if it isnt broken" so imma hold off on loading a custom rom when this phone just works how it should be.

the processor on s4 is way faster, but my note 2 is just fast enough, if u want more speed and still holding off u can wait to compare the both....

as far with my note 2, i am very happy customer and will be for remainder of this year

Everything that I've read on the Note II (Samsung devices in general) has said that it's almost impossible to brick. So yeah...I'm looking forward to rooting at some point. Once I do decide to root, I'm sure I'll just keep it stock...until I get bored that is. :P

As far as the S4...even though it'll be faster I'm still uncertained as to how the battery will hold up in real world usage. That's one of the big selling points for me when it comes to the Note II. I mean I'm not a super heavy user, but it would be nice not to have to charge my device 2/3 times a day like I do with my EVO. I'm so aggrevated with it right now that I'm contemplating smashing it into a brick wall after I upgrade. Who knows? It could very well happen before then. LOL

With having said all of that...it's still in the back of my mind that the Note III should be released later this year. :wall:

• Like 2