Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

As far as the S4...even though it'll be faster I'm still uncertained as to how the battery will hold up in real world usage. That's one of the big selling points for me when it comes to the Note II. I mean I'm not a super heavy user, but it would be nice not to have to charge my device 2/3 times a day like I do with my EVO. I'm so aggrevated with it right now that I'm contemplating smashing it into a brick wall after I upgrade. Who knows? It could very well happen before then. LOL

With having said all of that...it's still in the back of my mind that the Note III should be released later this year. :wall:

yeah second that about the note 3 coming out later this year and most likely with the octa core version too watch just like what happen with S3 and Note 2, only good thing im up for upgrade as early as december 31, 2013 just incase i go bananas LOL

• Like 1

yeah second that about the note 3 coming out later this year and most likely with the octa core version too watch just like what happen with S3 and Note 2, only good thing im up for upgrade as early as december 31, 2013 just incase i go bananas LOL

LOL...unless they use the quad that's supposed to be in the US model S4's. Or am I mistaken? I don't remember...

LOL...unless they use the quad that's supposed to be in the US model S4's. Or am I mistaken? I don't remember...

if they do ill stick with my note 2 for a longer time maybe for s5 or note 4 :P

• Like 1

there was an update to the game Horn, now it actually loads on the note 2.

a decent game, but its really nice for showing off the massive screen.

• Like 1

aiight i have a question, i noticed there is alot of Roms for Sprint note 2, most are based on MA7, from my understanding that its sprint version radio update, now if i were to try to load Jellybomb based on LK8, would that affect the Note 2's services like signal, sms, mms, and net?

I was going to check out the game horn when my play store got updated

ypyvu3yh.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

I was going to check out the game horn when my play store got updated

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Did you do a manual update or is this now being officially pushed out? I grabbed mine from the Android Police mirror when it became available.

• Like 1

Did you do a manual update or is this now being officially pushed out? I grabbed mine from the Android Police mirror when it became available.

it was pushed out to my phone, i was actually looking at the new playstore but i figured i wait, as soon as i open my play store to my suprised it was updated i was like :o cause i was looking up the game Horn, mentioned up above, thought it was free game lol

Pull the trigger on the Note2 if you have an upgrade pending otherwise you are throwing money out the window.

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus on what's available right now. I've been keeping an eye on the upgrade prices that are out on it right now. Most are back up to $249...yikes!! I'm kinda hoping that the S4 will be released soon, in hopes that it drives the price on the Note II back down a bit.

Little new here, but I'm running Whompasaurus with the latest Perseus kernel. Jellybean was just a bit too bright for my tastes. My N2 is pretty smooth and the battery sips when I actually have a decent signal which is about 35-40% of the time. I try to force roam, but Roam Control doesn't seem to do a thing on the N2.

If the N2 had a slide out keyboard it would be perfect. Would kill for a true premium slider. All these 3rd party keyboards barely make on screen typing acceptable, and I'm still losing all that screen real estate when I type.

Edited by rcro

To get rid of the garbage running.

Sent from my little Note2

The biggest incentive for me to root and re-rom at this point would be the following (in no specific order):

-abilty to load custom PRL's again

-add any and all apps to multi-window

-remove some stock apps (although I already bypass these so its a moot point)

-remove a few tedious features (sprint connection optimizer anyone?)

-working google wallet (seriously, why has this not been done yet?!)

In any event, most of these are not necessarily dealbreakers for the average user and can just be a constant nuisance for a power user if and when they can no longer ignore the inherent shortcomings any longer.

• Like 1

No screen shots needed as the only thing visually changed is the battery icon and LTE icon. On xda my thread has the status bar picture.

Sorry to nag but i've never flashed a custom rom. I am rooted. I have twrp installed. So i need to flash the all in one MA7 kernel then wipe the phone from twrp. Then flash your custom rom?

Sorry to nag but i've never flashed a custom rom. I am rooted. I have twrp installed. So i need to flash the all in one MA7 kernel then wipe the phone from twrp. Then flash your custom rom?

No.. You are on MA7 baseband and version right?

The kernel is included. Do a full backup first to your external sd card.

Flash the ROM, do a factory reset in TWRP. Then reboot.

Why flash that first?

That's kinda like loading windows 7 then formatting and loading windows 8 10 minutes later.

imma noob, its what i would of done since im coming from HTC devices LOL

i blame it on HTC :rolleyes:

on the side note,

i got my note 2, i was still on older version, 4.1.1, so first thing i did was rooted and load twrp, then updated my baseband

imma noob, its what i would of done since im coming from HTC devices LOL

i blame it on HTC :rolleyes:

on the side note,

i got my note 2, i was still on older version, 4.1.1, so first thing i did was rooted and load twrp, then updated my baseband

No need for HTC either. A rom flash overwrites the system partition. I do not however recommend mix and matching data and or cache partitions.