Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

The most usable benefit of rooting note 2, is using multiview with any/all apps.

LTE engineering split screened with Sensorly or Google map of all area sites is an awesome thing.

Sent from my little Note2

Rooted mine today using qbking77 video. I think with his video a 5 year old could do it was that easy and used his video on free WiFi tether by trev e (I believe) . Thinking about using digi ROM now haven't decided yet. I'm happy with performance as is now so no rush.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The biggest benefit of rooting your Note 2 is to be able to use the DigiblurROM. You can install PRL files on the fly.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 3

N

Pretty easy.  Follow QBKing's excellent video:  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1969947

Of course the versions have changed, but grab the latest Note2 toolkit and it's so easy.  The video walks you right on through.  Pick the MA7 build in the Note2 toolkit, it works fine on MC2.  Then after that flash you a MC2 ROM with TWRP.

To return to factory, 100% stock, with write counter set back to 0, if you do decide to do a repair/exchange then here it is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2086769

OK...I have a driver install failure after running Odin. Says "adbd is already running as root/error: device not found:. Plus, I have a system window that popped up saying "Device driver was not successfully installed"/"MTP USB device Xfailed".

Any ideas? 

Reinstall the drivers with no phone hooked up then maybe plug into other usb port

Alright...got that to work, but when it started the root process, it showed 8 things that failed and continued until finished. Then it went back to the main menu with out giving the "YOU HACKED IT!" message. What the hell is going on?? :P

Also, no titanium backup listed in the apps menu.

Edited by d_rail34

You hacked it message? Can't say that in paid attention. Did it install twrp recovery and super user?Sent from my little Note2

Just super user is listed.

Actually if I do the vol./power/home button fuction it boots to twrp.

Edited by d_rail34

Just super user is listed.

So no recovery? Hmm... I had that issue before I can't remember what fixed it.  I bet the recovery is writing but then the stock ROM overwrites the recovery again.  

Let's just jump to the chase: 

http://www.rwilco12.com/Files/Devices/Samsung%20Galaxy%20Note%20II%20%28SPH-L900%29/Stock%20ROMs/MC2/Full%20Restore/Rooted/SPH-L900_MC2_Rooted_Restore.exe

extract the self extract...  

1. Turn off Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
  2. Press and hold down Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
  4. SGN2 Odin download mode will be loaded then.

Run the extracted file and there ya go. 

• Like 1

So no recovery? Hmm... I had that issue before I can't remember what fixed it.  I bet the recovery is writing but then the stock ROM overwrites the recovery again.  

Let's just jump to the chase: 

http://www.rwilco12.com/Files/Devices/Samsung%20Galaxy%20Note%20II%20%28SPH-L900%29/Stock%20ROMs/MC2/Full%20Restore/Rooted/SPH-L900_MC2_Rooted_Restore.exe

extract the self extract...  

1. Turn off Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
  2. Press and hold down Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
  4. SGN2 Odin download mode will be loaded then.

Run the extracted file and there ya go. 

Not seeing recovery file.exe link

Ahh!! OK...but what is titanium backup? And should be loaded on there as well?

P.S. forget about previous post. lol

now you need to flash digi rom , if you like stock no bloat

yessir! and now for another fantastic noob question!! :P

do i just place all of the zipped files in the TWRP root folder? or do i make a "MC2" folder to put them in?

yessir! and now for another fantastic noob question!! :P

do i just place all of the zipped files in the TWRP root folder? or do i make a "MC2" folder to put them in?

Just place the zip file on the root of your sd card ,(don't unzip the file) and boot into TWRP and flash the zip..

• Like 1

Just place the zip file on the root of your sd card ,(don't unzip the file) and boot into TWRP and flash the zip..

see?? noob. lol

Thanks!!

see?? noob. lol

Thanks!!

Do a factory reset wipe in twrp then flash the zip.

Always test the zip integrity or match up the md5 using winmd5 before flashing to make sure the whole zip was downloaded right.

• Like 1

Do a factory reset wipe in twrp then flash the zip.

Always test the zip integrity or match up the md5 using winmd5 before flashing to make sure the whole zip was downloaded right.

well crap...how important is this function?