Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

On my Note 2 it says, "Not supported. Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network."

It only gives me the option of OK. When I select OK, it closes the app. In the case of the Note 2, it is more than just the unsupported device message. I've seen that before on rooted devices and just ignore it.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Google Wallet version from the play store, and it was unsuccessful and still gave me the "Not supported" window.

Robert

That is what I always got before this latest update, but I'm also running CM10.1, not stock TouchWiz. There was a time where it worked on Stock TouchWiz, but not CM

For what it's worth, I was able to install Wallet from the Play Store on my stock unrooted Note 2 and get it all set up with a funding source and everything. I have not tried to pay for anything yet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

On my Note 2 it says, "Not supported. Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network."

It only gives me the option of OK. When I select OK, it closes the app. In the case of the Note 2, it is more than just the unsupported device message. I've seen that before on rooted devices and just ignore it.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Google Wallet version from the play store, and it was unsuccessful and still gave me the "Not supported" window.

Robert

My exact experience but I chalk it up as my fault since I'm not running the MC2 version of the ROM.

Robert

The most recent update to Wallet shows support for the Note II.

-Luis

The most recent update to Wallet shows support for the Note II.

-Luis

And I have seen reports of MC2 base folks saying it doesn't work. I guess it isn't available for the Sprint Note2 yet.

Sent from my little Note2

I've been waiting for Wallet to work on the Note II, I was disappointed when I got it to find it wasn't supported yet. I use it every day with my EVO LTE & it never gets ols seeing the skeptical look on the face of cashiers who've never seen it work before. I even had one guy at Wawa ask me "How did you just make your phone do that?" So I said "Don't worry, it's not real money anyway." & walked out. It was funny at the time anyway.

• Like 2

So Amazon has the Note II priced @ $99 for upgrade ($49/New service)....and I'm completely bummed that I just had to dump a buttload of cash on new tires. :pinch: Boooooo tires!

i updated the stock mc2 over digirom and was able to actually get the app to work, but for some reason its keeps failing 'device set-up failed' try again thing.

Maybe if I have time this weekend I will wipe and try again. Wallet works great on my n7 and htc 1, when there is a compatible register available.

Google Wallet seems to be working ok on my stock rooted Note 2. The device set-up finished with no problem and it instantly found a debit and credit card that I had set up online with Google Wallet a while ago. My only issue is that there apparently aren't any locations to use it near me at any businesses that I usually patronize.

Google Wallet seems to be working ok on my stock rooted Note 2. The device set-up finished with no problem and it instantly found a debit and credit card that I had set up online with Google Wallet a while ago. My only issue is that there apparently aren't any locations to use it near me at any businesses that I usually patronize.

Even in my neck of the woods...or sticks in Sprint's mind, I see the PayPass icon on tons of merchants credit card machines. Gas pumps, Mcdonalds, Jack in the crack(box), Circle K, CVS, and several others I've forgotten.

There's a mastercard PayPass locator app but last time I used it, it didn't have all the locations and was kinda buggy. Wish they had a way for people to report where it was.

There's a mastercard PayPass locator app but last time I used it, it didn't have all the locations and was kinda buggy. Wish they had a way for people to report where it was.

There *should* be a locator built right into the wallet app. You'd think with all the genius google employs, they would have done that already.

Even in my neck of the woods...or sticks in Sprint's mind, I see the PayPass icon on tons of merchants credit card machines. Gas pumps, Mcdonalds, Jack in the crack(box), Circle K, CVS, and several others I've forgotten.

Thank ya, sir. I was looking here: http://www.google.com/wallet/how-it-works/in-store.html and thought that the list that they have on that page was exhaustive. Probably silly question, but to use Google Wallet at a terminal with a PayPass logo on it, do I have to have a MasterCard with PayPass set up in Google Wallet or will Visa, American Express or Discover all work as well?

There *should* be a locator built right into the wallet app. You'd think with all the genius google employs, they would have done that already.

I'm sure that would be a monumental task to keep up with and they don't want the headache. Case in point look at Mastercard's own app. It's not entirely correct.

Thank ya, sir. I was looking here: http://www.google.co...s/in-store.html and thought that the list that they have on that page was exhaustive. Probably silly question, but to use Google Wallet at a terminal with a PayPass logo on it, do I have to have a MasterCard with PayPass set up in Google Wallet or will Visa, American Express or Discover all work as well?

I believe you just need a working card setup with Google. Then it's simple... have the app open and pin typed in before you get to the register or as they are ringing it up. Just tell them credit for paying, then put your phone to the little sideways looking wifi icon. That's it. I liked it since I could see my purchases along with my geolocation of them. All this talk about google wallet makes me miss it, hopefully I can get some time to work on my ROM. Or maybe go take an hour or two ride to St Francisville and map/confirm two LTE sites on the NOLA Mkt map...decisions...decisions...hmm..

• Like 1

I'm sure that would be a monumental task to keep up with and they don't want the headache. Case in point look at Mastercard's own app. It's not entirely correct.

They should simply include a map with crowdsourced locations, where anyone with a working wallet account can add/update locations where it is known to work.

Google wouldn't have to do much if any work itself.

Even better if the APP ITSELF automatically reported the gps/location/store where it was used at.

That way any and every time someone used a wallet, it would be reported and/or confirmed working at that particular location.

Easy.

easy-button.jpg

iI just updated mine. It works fine on Stock Gnote now. NO root required. Go to the Play Store and download there

iI just updated mine. It works fine on Stock Gnote now. NO root required. Go to the Play Store and download there

I just uninstalled and reinstalled. No dice on my stock GN2. :(

Robert

Are you fully up to date on the latest OTA?

Sent from my little Note2

Ummm, no. I won't accept it because I will lose my PRL Write function.

Robert

Robert

therein may lie the problem.. there have been quite a few updates on all ends (Google Included) So it may be possible they didn't roll out the wallet update for you, but there may be another dependency released in the latest OTA

• Like 1

Robert

I updated to the latest OTA and rooted. I applied digiblur's PRL write enabler: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35314467&postcount=1 and still have the PRL Write function on MC2. I can't speak for the other ones, but the MA7.zip seems to work just fine on MC2.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally on board with the Note II!! Excited and overwhelmed at the same time...hence losing sleep trying to figure this thing out right now.  :wiggle: 

• Like 6

Congrats..   the Note 2 is an awesome device that can't be beat! (until the note 3 or moto-x come out  ;) )  Enjoy your endless customizations and tweaking!!...    Of course you could always go the "commercial route" and switch to "easy mode" (just doublechecked mine to see if that is still a thing) but, meh

I would say try not to lose sleep and worry about it tomorrow but I know the feeling when playing with new toys... just can't put them down! (of course i'm one to talk.... looking over flight options for my july ny trip.  did you know tickets can be anywhere from 1-4k? oddly the flights that are longer due to multiple layovers/connections are more expensive. wtf :wall: )

• Like 1