Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Thanks, I actually already use SignalCheck Pro on my EVO LTE. I'm really looking forward to the improved LTE reception, I hear it's freakishly good. I use my phone for tethering my laptop when I'm on the road (yes I pay for it) so good LTE reception is critical for me.

Thanks, I actually already use SignalCheck Pro on my EVO LTE. I'm really looking forward to the improved LTE reception, I hear it's freakishly good. I use my phone for tethering my laptop when I'm on the road (yes I pay for it) so good LTE reception is critical for me.

It not only gets better LTE reception but LTE speeds are faster plus voice calls sound better too, overall radio is better than my old Evo LTE...

• Like 3

I spoke to my dedicated care rep today since I've been looking to upgrade 2 phones on my business plan. My original intention was to talk about pre-ordering the HTC One & get some feedback regarding whether the LG Optimus Elite or the Kyocera Torque would be the better option for my salesman since we still use Direct Connect. BUT THEN, my rep made me an offer I couldn't refuse...she said she could offer me a Note 2 for each line for $149 per phone.

Direct Connect? What Direct Connect? I have two Note 2s due to arrive on Thursday. Mobile to mobile is free now anyway right?

Just wanted to put it out there...speaking to someone at Sprint might get you the same deal if the price is what kept you from pulling the trigger.

Mobile to any mobile is free as in any cell phone.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Mobile to any mobile is free as in any cell phone.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

That was my little attempt at humor about being so quick to forget about Direct Conect.

Just an update on Note 2 and noticed under texting you can make it a scheduled text message, this is soooo sweet, no need of a third party app to do this anymore, just thought ill share cause its just nice feature

now ive also noticed on some of my contacts under messaging have an grey out X

uqaqy2ev.jpg

• Like 2

Just an update on Note 2 and noticed under texting you can make it a scheduled text message' date=' this is soooo sweet, no need of a third party app to do this anymore, just thought ill share cause its just nice feature

now ive also noticed on some of my contacts under messaging have an grey out X

[/quote']

Just checked my note 2 for an update and nothing.

Just checked my note 2 for an update and nothing.

No new update that I know of.

oh sorry for misunderstanding, i updated to 4.1.2 when i got the phone last saturday, but as discovering some neat features with this phone like scheduled messaging, and other features not mention anywhere else about note 2 just wanted to give ppl an update about it :P

I was wondering why on some messaging app some have an grey out next...here is screenshot with details blurred out

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1365098508989.jpg

ooh i see, nice, i tried to stick with stock unless it pisses me off, so far its working how it should, played around with it a few times but i cannot figure out the grey out X on some of the threads, i guess ill figure it out eventually with trial & error, the old fashion way

It not only gets better LTE reception but LTE speeds are faster plus voice calls sound better too, overall radio is better than my old Evo LTE...

Within the past week while talking on phone all of a sudden I can't hear but the other party can hear me. Don't know if it's a phone issue or the new BT headset I got.

Within the past week while talking on phone all of a sudden I can't hear but the other party can hear me. Don't know if it's a phone issue or the new BT headset I got.

i havent tried BT headsets but most of the time I've used speakerphone and sounds really good

oh sorry for misunderstanding' date=' i updated to 4.1.2 when i got the phone last saturday, but as discovering some neat features with this phone like scheduled messaging, and other features not mention anywhere else about note 2 just wanted to give ppl an update about it :P[/quote']

I appreciate the update how do you do scheduled texting?

I appreciate the update how do you do scheduled texting?

so basically you right before you send the message, hit menu, select scheduled message, your gonna be prompted with Time, you choose the date and time and then hit ok on top right corner, let me know if u get it if not ill do screenshots guide

There are many uses for this, one of these would be useful for like example new years comes around, i can set up who to send it to when im sober and have it send on time at midnight of new years ;)

• Like 1

You start with this

4edynemu.jpg

Hit menu

eqetuvas.jpg

Select Scheduled Message and you will be prompted with this

9emy6e9u.jpg

Then you just need to hit send button ans it all set....it will send based on date & time you selected

Then you just need to hit send button ans it all set....it will send based on date & time you selected

New Year's Eve scheduled texts, lol.

That is probably the best use case I have seen for scheduled messages thusfar, with exception of the automatic happy birthday and happy anniversary texts to your signifcant other or mother/mother-in-law.

• Like 1

That is probably the best use case I have seen for scheduled messages thusfar, with exception of the automatic happy birthday and happy anniversary texts to your signifcant other or mother/mother-in-law.

was gonna say that too but didnt wanna come on corny :P

• Like 1

was gonna say that too but didnt wanna come on corny :P

If I were a cornfed midwestern boy, I wouldn't know how to take that. :mad2:

No sense in ignoring the elephant in the room whether its corny, cheesy or otherwise a leper. We were all thinking the same thing, something about evil, erhmm great minds thinking alike I suppose.

• Like 1

i havent tried BT headsets but most of the time I've used speakerphone and sounds really good

The only time I use speakerphone is when on-hold and don't feel like sitting here phone in hand waiting for someone to pick up.

About a year ago I did random brownie point texts to the wife every morning on a scheduled task in handcent. I did five texts one for each day at slightly different times with different messages per day. I got busted when I forgot to turn it off on a day I had to take off and my phone was in the car so she knew I didn't send the text. DOH!

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 3

About a year ago I did random brownie point texts to the wife every morning on a scheduled task in handcent. I did five texts one for each day at slightly different times with different messages per day. I got busted when I forgot to turn it off on a day I had to take off and my phone was in the car so she knew I didn't send the text. DOH!

Sent from my little Note2

Hahaha! HOPEFULLY she understood it's the thought that counts.

Hahaha! HOPEFULLY she understood it's the thought that counts.

She probably argued that there was no thought to count at this point in time.

I was wondering why on some messaging app some have an grey out next...here is screenshot with details blurred out

The Grey x is from Google Talk. When they are online it is solid green. If they are idle it is yellow

• Like 3