Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

It's a Lil bit of everything. The phone isn't too big like I thought it would be, I have better connection in places where my s3 had minor to no connection, and the battery life really does it for me. I work a 12 hour shift and with hour usage, I can go all day without a charge. it's basically a supersized s3 with a pen, with extra power (quad core), pentile-less screen. The only negative for is the lack of svdo but I never used it that much. It was very kinda just nice to have.
i really appreciate your feedback. I'm not too worried about the size as i spent about fifteen minutes playing with one in the store and almost couldn't readjust my eyes to my current phone (about four inches) that's great to hear about the experience with better signal strength. Has anyone been using Swype with their phone? Ate you able to type one handed pretty well?

Sent from my Dark Jelly Belly using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

i really appreciate your feedback. I'm not too worried about the size as i spent about fifteen minutes playing with one in the store and almost couldn't readjust my eyes to my current phone (about four inches) that's great to hear about the experience with better signal strength. Has anyone been using Swype with their phone? Ate you able to type one handed pretty well?

There is a one handed setting that pushes the keyboard over to one side or the other. Although, I haven't used it yet. One handed operation is its one significant con. However, it is not an Achilles heel. But it will not be everyone. That's for sure.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

There is a one handed setting that pushes the keyboard over to one side or the other. Although, I haven't used it yet. One handed operation is its one significant con. However, it is not an Achilles heel. But it will not be everyone. That's for sure.

thanks for the feedback Robert. Have you been using this as your primary cell device?

thanks for the feedback Robert. Have you been using this as your primary cell device?

Yes. Since October 25th. I picked it up the second it when on sale.

Not going back to the HTC EVO 4G unless I need fast data for a night or two. Not used the pen on the 2 much at all, I probably could have lived with a GS3 just as well both are big improvements from the EVO. Only issues I have is not finding settings on the phone, after 2 and half years on the EVO I knew where every setting lived and had them all the way I liked.

My note 2 people! Are you guys still enjoying the heck out of your device? I think I'm going to bite on it' date=' but wondered if anyone that still has multiple devices has found themselves still using the s3 or is the note just so amazing that you wouldn't go back to anything else?

[/quote']

Love this device. My tf101 died and i replaced that and my gs2 with the note 2. I got mine the minute it went on sale and haven't put it down. It's my podcatcher, ebook reader, phone, tablet, notepad, etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Forum Runner

I love it! It definitely has much better reception in general than the EVO LTE. I can actually, some of the time ('cause it is weak), get 4G LTE at work!! And, it turns out there is LTE all over Atlanta. I get it almost everywhere, while I practically *never* saw it with the EVO. And, with no multitasking issue, plenty of memory, plenty of storage (I got a 64GB SDXC card, too), and an amazingly fast processor, I couldn't be happier. My only improvement would be the screen. While the automatic backlight is much, much better, I do think the EVo's screen is amazing: much better in direct sunlight. However, if the Note 2's screen were a higher resolution (like 1080p), I would not care about direct sunlight. Still, it is a very crisp, clear screen and I'm not finding it to be a disappointment after a few days' use.

• Like 3

While the automatic backlight is much, much better...

The Galaxy Note 2 has no backlight. AMOLED screens -- for better and for worse -- are self illuminating. They employ additive, rather than subtractive color.

AJ

• Like 2

The Galaxy Note 2 has no backlight. AMOLED screens -- for better and for worse -- are self illuminating. They employ additive, rather than subtractive color.

AJ

That's what I get for being sloppy! Since it's so often referred to as a "backlight," I went ahead and used that word. Please just replace "backlight" with "brightness" in my post when reading it!

I am glad, though, that I'm not likely to keep any phone long enough that I'll have to worry about the AMOLED getting burn-in or other problems.

In case there is anyone out there like me that was waiting for Best Buy to release the Sprint Note II for one reason or another I have news! I'm finding inventory for the White one only at stores and confirmed that my reservation will be available for pick up on the 11th.

Android police is reporting that L900VPALJC is rolling out today for the Note 2' date=' brings Multi-view!!!![/quote']

What is Multi-View?

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

So somehow Sprint has decided that my newly upgraded less than 6 months old EVO4GLTE is already eligible for upgrade. I also got the best buy buy back on the phone so they will give me $350 for it right now.

Just trying to decide if I should jump to the note. anyone who was a sense UI user that likes samsungs better?

• Like 1

So somehow Sprint has decided that my newly upgraded less than 6 months old EVO4GLTE is already eligible for upgrade. I also got the best buy buy back on the phone so they will give me $350 for it right now.

Just trying to decide if I should jump to the note. anyone who was a sense UI user that likes samsungs better?

I don't like Sense or TouchWiz. I'd much prefer a vanilla AOSP interface. However, until AOSP has multi-view, I'll be sticking to TouchWiz

WHAT??? U ROBERT DIDNT KNOW WHAT MULTIVIEW WAS lol :D

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Nope. I had no idea.

Wow lol everybody can't know everything huh

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

You didn't have a googlebrain chip installed? it came free with my psychic voicemail service

Nope. I had no idea.

Its not like you run some LTE forum and some how keep up with all the threads, work a day job, and have a family too ;)

Sent from the EVO 4G sometimes-LTE

• Like 2