Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Received the update this morning, the multi-window feature has already proved useful.

Tried to get update this morning but it failed when installing. Rebooted phone and I still don't have multi-window. Now when I check for updates, it says no updates found. O_o

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Tried to get update this morning but it failed when installing. Rebooted phone and I still don't have multi-window. Now when I check for updates, it says no updates found. O_o

I checked mine all day yesterday once I heard about it, gave up, and saw the update notification early this morning. I read it could take a few days to reach your phone

Rooted for custom recovery and for Adfree. I buy apps to support developers to get ads removed. However, websites and some apps don't have that option. Also for Root Explorer to get rid of Sprint system apps

What root method you use and what ROMs you recommend if any?

Sent from my EVO LTE-LESS using Tapatalk 2

What root method you use and what ROMs you recommend if any?

Edit In: I missed the root method question... Odin TWRP Recovery, flash SuperSU+, then Triangle Away or use the CF-Root

I don't have any, I'm stock rooted with TWRP recovery. I rooted mostly for Adfree because of my slow data speeds. I hate waiting for a website to load and its just the ads that are loading. I buy my apps to support the devs and stay away from free ad supported apps because they annoy me.

I also plan on removing some bloat apps, but wanted to wait for a few updates to flesh out the early adopter issues

If AOSP incorporates multiview, then I'll keep an eye out for a CM10 build, but other than that I'm good.

• Like 1

You get a pop up notification when the update is available? Does it change the version of Android shown? Im on 4.1.1.

I received a on screen notification but the version is still 4.1.1. Far as I know it just changed the baseband version

• Like 1

Edit In: I missed the root method question... Odin TWRP Recovery, flash SuperSU+, then Triangle Away or use the CF-Root

I don't have any, I'm stock rooted with TWRP recovery. I rooted mostly for Adfree because of my slow data speeds. I hate waiting for a website to load and its just the ads that are loading. I buy my apps to support the devs and stay away from free ad supported apps because they annoy me.

I also plan on removing some bloat apps, but wanted to wait for a few updates to flesh out the early adopter issues

If AOSP incorporates multiview, then I'll keep an eye out for a CM10 build, but other than that I'm good.

Thanks appreciate it, was more curious about the root method, plan on rooting my (wife's) new phablet.

You get a pop up notification when the update is available? Does it change the version of Android shown? Im on 4.1.1.

I manually checked mine in the Update Samsung Software option in the System Update section within Settings. You might get lucky by checking manually that way if you've haven't received it yet. :)

Less than 24 hours with the phone and I've already put it in to a bootloop. Thank god for TWRP.

Today's lesson: when they say the ROM needs to be de-odexed for unlimited multi-window to work... they mean it. Stock doesn't work.

• Like 1

OK so think I am going to pull the plug and switch out the EVO 4G LTE for the Note II, one question I have how is battery life. I can go a full day (19hrs+) with heavy usage without needing a charge until it is time to go to sleep. How is the Note's battery life?

• Like 1

Took it off the charger at 9 AM this morning. It's 4:22 PM right now and I'm at 71% battery with moderate usage.

I took mine off at 8 AM and at 83% with low to moderate usage. I contrast that with my iPhone 3GS back in 2008, from 8 AM with similar usage, my battery would be at 15%. When I compare to the OG EVO, from 8 AM, my phone would be dying now even if I hadn't used it at all.

We have come a long ways, baby! :tu:

Robert

• Like 4

Less than 24 hours with the phone and I've already put it in to a bootloop. Thank god for TWRP.

Today's lesson: when they say the ROM needs to be de-odexed for unlimited multi-window to work... they mean it. Stock doesn't work.

Patches have never worked well with odex'd roms. ;) kinda like the tanker truck filling up the gas station's gasoline storage tank with diesel instead of gas. It's not going to be pretty....

Sent from the EVO 4G sometimes-LTE

• Like 2

Patches have never worked well with odex'd roms. ;) kinda like the tanker truck filling up the gas station's gasoline storage tank with diesel instead of gas. It's not going to be pretty....

Sent from the EVO 4G sometimes-LTE

So I noticed. Installed a deodexed stock, and now I'm happily running any two apps side by side! Mwa ha ha ha

OK so think I am going to pull the plug and switch out the EVO 4G LTE for the Note II, one question I have how is battery life. I can go a full day (19hrs+) with heavy usage without needing a charge until it is time to go to sleep. How is the Note's battery life?

I had the non LTE EVO 4G and the note 2 lasts much longer on a charge than the evo with a huge aftermarket battery that made the phone about an inch thick.

• Like 1