Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Just came back from the sprint store and I must say that it is a very impressive device. When the sprint girl whipped it out I was like "Damn thats huge" and everyone started laughing. Anyway, the note 2 responsiveness is as smooth as butter and the screen is a lot nicer than I thought it would be, even though the screen isn't your standard rgb layout its still miles ahead of the s3's pentile as far as quality goes. It's mind boggling how feature rich the note 2 is, I was really impressed. I really wanted to pull the trigger but I had to force myself out of the store, but in the end I think I will replace my gnex for this. I just have to wait and see what other nexus devices will be available when google makes their announcement next week.

• Like 3

Okay, I found a cm feature that I greatly miss, editable lock screen.

I've replaced half the stock apps and don't want their links on the lock screen

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Forum Runner

Okay, I found a cm feature that I greatly miss, editable lock screen.

I've replaced half the stock apps and don't want their links on the lock screen

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Forum Runner

You can turn off the shortcuts on the lockscreen

• Like 1

Just came back from the sprint store and I must say that it is a very impressive device. When the sprint girl whipped it out I was like "Damn thats huge" and everyone started laughing. Anyway, the note 2 responsiveness is as smooth as butter and the screen is a lot nicer than I thought it would be, even though the screen isn't your standard rgb layout its still miles ahead of the s3's pentile as far as quality goes. It's mind boggling how feature rich the note 2 is, I was really impressed. I really wanted to pull the trigger but I had to force myself out of the store, but in the end I think I will replace my gnex for this. I just have to wait and see what other nexus devices will be available when google makes their announcement next week.

bring on the fluggengeicheimer?

Anyone rooted yet? Thinking of going stock rom/kernel but rooted.

Not Yet, and don't try anything yet either.

It will be up very soon. Chainfire is going to make a new thread for it on XDA

Unexpected bonus today. I have not got over 0.4 Mbps on 3g speedtest.net on the EVO 4G in weeks.

Tonight with the new Note 2 I got 1.0 Mbps and the best pings I have ever seen on 3g 106 ms.

WOHOO!

• Like 2

Mod issue?... Shoot me a pm if you ever have an issue bud. I'm not in that specific forum but I could possibly get you some clearer answers or bring their attention to some things going on...

yeah there is a mod issue over there, At times you get more beef from a mod than a dev. There is this one mod that is really really mean, you think he was in the army drilling members or something. Goes by the name sgt something. :P

actually honestly, the Note section is quite tame unlike some areas that are a bit rough. And the device will get plenty of devs working on it both on xda and elsewhere. Just today, qbking got his and I love his work and videos.

TS

• Like 2

Unexpected bonus today. I have not got over 0.4 Mbps on 3g speedtest.net on the EVO 4G in weeks.

Tonight with the new Note 2 I got 1.0 Mbps and the best pings I have ever seen on 3g 106 ms.

WOHOO!

I know it doesn't mean much but today was the first time I could check. I was looking in network phone info status and it shows my network type is eHRPD:13. That mean the phone setting or the tower?

I am just posting to see my new auto signature.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

How is it so far?

Sent from my EVO LTE-LESS using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Hi, I am new to a lot of this talk. Can someone explain the pros & cons/benefits of rooting a phone & what it means. Also, if I root & then go to turn it in, do I need to reset to manufacturers settings?

I appreciate anyones help, I read a lot of the forums and read the words, but (sadly) do not have a clue what you are actually discussing.

Thanks.

I think I'm going to get this bad boy for my mom and/or dad for Christmas. I'm tired of watching them struggle to see the tiny 4" screen on their Nexus S 4G. (And to think, 4" is considered "big" to iPhone users. lol) Damn Presbyopia!!

• Like 3

Hi, I am new to a lot of this talk. Can someone explain the pros & cons/benefits of rooting a phone & what it means. Also, if I root & then go to turn it in, do I need to reset to manufacturers settings?

I appreciate anyones help, I read a lot of the forums and read the words, but (sadly) do not have a clue what you are actually discussing.

Thanks.

I'm not a "super pro" at this root thing, but I do find it useful for certain things.

My pro's of rooting would definitely have to be: 1) Ad blocking (remove ads from webpages/videos). 2) Getting more access/control over my phone [Access file system which is normally off-limits]. 3) Access to more complex apps that do more than the standard non-root apps [Titanium Backup, Lucky Patcher, etc].

The only cons that I've ran into or heard of are: 1) Rooted phones potentially are less secure, especially if you approve an app that is malicious. 2) You can really screw up your phone if you don't read and follow the directions!!! 3) If you flash different ROMs, expect to have to wipe out phone and reinstall apps all the time.

To answer the second part of your question... yes, you will have to revert your phone back to stock if you want Sprint to service your phone. I've heard they won't even look at it if they see that it's rooted.

There are definitely more pro's vs con's for me. I normally just run stock ROM with root capabilities so that I have the extra features if I want. Hope this helps. :)

So out in the real world today officially with the Note 2. With out a doubt, it response to the network way better than the S3. Its picks up Lte a lot faster and holds it like a big boy. None of this bouncing around stuff. Speeds are the same. But man, I can walk out side and use my phone now. The S3 would sit there and bounce back and fourth making impossible. Love the fifth row numbers. Took 1/4 the time to load my 12k text messages back in, as to the S3. No lag opening the messaging app after loading 12k text messages back in. S3 took at least a min, and sometimes crashed. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 5

So out in the real world today officially with the Note 2. With out a doubt, it response to the network way better than the S3. Its picks up Lte a lot faster and holds it like a big boy. None of this bouncing around stuff. Speeds are the same. But man, I can walk out side and use my phone now. The S3 would sit there and bounce back and fourth making impossible.

I would love to hear feedback from other Note II owners on their LTE connectivity and speeds. All the reviews go over everything from screen, size, S Pen and software features but don't test one of the most important things.

• Like 1

I wondering how the two compare after the JB update from Samsung/Sprint and onto the S3? I'm still on the fence about it. I'll go this weekend to check it out. But am curious to see the performance difference between the two, after the JB update on the S3..as it also adds some LTE connectivity improvements