Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

I'm really liking my Note 2. But it's not for everyone. Sometimes its size is awkward. Like in one handed operation in the car. There is a one handed operation setting, but I haven't tried it yet.

However, there are more times it's size is a plus than a negative. Just pointing out that it's not all roses.

It is quite the conversation piece. When I set it down on the conference table in meetings, people always stare and ask about it. It is a bonafide attention getter.

I was in the Church's Chicken drive thru on Monday, and the cashier at the window sees me checking S4GRU and she shreiks looking down into my car, "Oh my gosh! It is sooo big! Can I hold it?"

Everyone seems to want to know what it is, who carries it, how much, etc., etc. I had the GS3 early, and in comparison no one seemed to care.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

at least you finally got your chicken Robert

• Like 1

at least you finally got your chicken Robert

Okay, but Church's is to fried chicken like methadone is to heroin. And I am sure that Robert would agree.

:P

AJ

Okay, but Church's is to fried chicken like methadone is to heroin. And I am sure that Robert would agree.

AJ

This is true. But, Church's Spicy Fried bird is as good as a substitute as there is. It's much better than Popeye's or KFC. But there is nothing better than finding a real local chicken joint. Which are sorely lacking in New Mexico.

Robert

This is true. But, Church's Spicy Fried bird is as good as a substitute as there is. It's much better than Popeye's or KFC. But there is nothing better than finding a real local chicken joint. Which are sorely lacking in New Mexico.

Robert

Chicken Annie's or Chicken Mary's is just over in Kansas....

• Like 1

I was in the Church's Chicken drive thru on Monday, and the cashier at the window sees me checking S4GRU and she shreiks looking down into my car, "Oh my gosh! It is sooo big! Can I hold it?"

Hopefully your wife wasn't in the car with you when you were propositioned... :o

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

So can someone with a N2 give me their personal opinion on the lack of SVDO and how it may or may not impact their daily use? While the handset supports SVLTE, LTE isn't here yet (soon'ish) I just can't get over going back in time due to the lack of support. How has it effected you? Have you even noticed?

I'm a heavy user, it would actually negatively effect me that I could not receive data (email) during a call. The S pen doesn't excite me much but it would be nice novelty to have the option of precise inputs again (previous HTC Touch Pro owner). TIA for any input or advice you reply with.

I've never had a device with SVDO (BlackBerry->EVO-> Galaxy S2) so this is nothing new to me. Only annoyance is when I'm downloading a podcast over 3g and I get a call.

With svlte and svwifi I'm fine

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Forum Runner

So can someone with a N2 give me their personal opinion on the lack of SVDO and how it may or may not impact their daily use? While the handset supports SVLTE, LTE isn't here yet (soon'ish) I just can't get over going back in time due to the lack of support. How has it effected you? Have you even noticed?

I'm on day 3 and haven't really noticed. I'm in Salt Lake City, which isn't even published as a third round market yet although two reps have separately told me that techs are installing some LTE equipment already at local tower sites. Whether or not that's true, I don't know. In any event I'm not expecting LTE here until at least next summer.

Like you I'm a power user, as I suspect most S4GRU readers must be, so I was tempted to even possibly jump ship to T-Mo when upgrading from my old Epic 4G. But then I thought about it. Service would cost me about $25 more per month on T-Mobile after considering my Sprint discount, and much of the time I would drift in and out of WiMax coverage anyway with my Epic while driving around town. Often I'm using Wifi anyway, especially while at home or the office.

For something not data intensive like email it makes no difference at all to be back on 3G. Web pages load in roughly the same time because of the Note 2's faster processor and increased RAM. The only time I truly wished for a faster connection so far was when I streamed from my Slingbox.

So far I have no regrets whatsoever.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

So can someone with a N2 give me their personal opinion on the lack of SVDO and how it may or may not impact their daily use? While the handset supports SVLTE' date=' LTE isn't here yet (soon'ish) I just can't get over going back in time due to the lack of support. How has it effected you? Have you even noticed?

I'm a heavy user, it would actually negatively effect me that I could not receive data (email) during a call. The S pen doesn't excite me much but it would be nice novelty to have the option of precise inputs again (previous HTC Touch Pro owner). TIA for any input or advice you reply with.[/quote']

I really don't use SVDO. I almost always have a tablet, a 2nd or even a 3rd smartphone and a VZW hotspot with me at all times.

So it doesn't really impact me to not have SVDO.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

I almost always have a tablet, a 2nd or even a 3rd smartphone and a VZW hotspot with me at all times.

Yes, I found this photo of you and your "tools"...

l.jpg

AJ

• Like 2

Yes' date=' I found this photo of you and your "tools"...

AJ[/quote']

I need one of those tool belts.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Haha.. I just saw this um.. Guy.. With 3 cell phones on his belt and a beeper. Yes a beeper. The cell phones were all flip phones with pull out antennas. I did a double take! I thought I was in 2002. I was waiting for him to pull out the Nextel and beep beep his buddies on speakerphone that no one could understand.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 4

Haha.. I just saw this um.. Guy.. With 3 cell phones on his belt and a beeper. Yes a beeper. The cell phones were all flip phones with pull out antennas. I did a double take! I thought I was in 2002.

Oh, you mean this guy?

blonde_mullet.jpg

Somebody already posted his pic a few months ago.

AJ

• Like 1

Oh' date=' you mean this guy?

AJ[/quote']

I just vomited up perfectly good chicken. Thanks a lot. :hah:

Robert via LG Viper with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Oh, you mean this guy?

blonde_mullet.jpg

AJ

You need to edit your post before other people see you accidentally posted a pic of yourself from last year's vacation.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 2

I just vomited up perfectly good chicken. Thanks a lot. :hah:

Aw, that pic again made you vomit? I would have thought that you had built up your tolerance by now.

AJ

You need to edit your post before other people see you accidentally posted a pic of yourself from last year's vacation.

Nah, only Missouri fans wear jorts.

homepage.jpg

AJ

My note 2 people! Are you guys still enjoying the heck out of your device? I think I'm going to bite on it, but wondered if anyone that still has multiple devices has found themselves still using the s3 or is the note just so amazing that you wouldn't go back to anything else?

Sent from my Dark Jelly Belly using Tapatalk 2

My note 2 people! Are you guys still enjoying the heck out of your device? I think I'm going to bite on it, but wondered if anyone that still has multiple devices has found themselves still using the s3 or is the note just so amazing that you wouldn't go back to anything else?

I haven't touched my tablet (HP TouchPad running CM9) since I brought the GN2 home.

I haven't touched my tablet (HP TouchPad running CM9) since I brought the GN2 home.

coincidence,i have the touchpad too!

It's a Lil bit of everything. The phone isn't too big like I thought it would be, I have better connection in places where my s3 had minor to no connection, and the battery life really does it for me. I work a 12 hour shift and with heavy usage, I can go all day without a charge. it's basically a supersized s3 with a pen, with extra power (quad core), pentile-less screen. The only negative for me is the lack of svdo but I never used it that much. It was just nice to have.

• Like 1