Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Anyone hear how the Note 2 sales are going? I hope they are selling a tone of them.

There was an article on Engadget a couple weeks back that stated that as of the end of last month, 3 million units already sold. Will have to wait a few more weeks to hear anything more other than that. I'm sure it'll surpass the original Note in sales since it's not locked into AT&T this time. :tu:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/01/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-3-million/

• Like 1

OK so I had actually gotten to where I was using Wallet regularly on my EVOLTE. Where is Wallet on the Note!?! this is a huge disappointment. I am already missing Wallet. Doesn't the GS3 have Wallet installed?

The GS3 does have wallet installed (at least for Sprint). The other carriers (but why would those on other carriers be on this forum?) may still be subject to carrier blocking of Wallet

OK so I had actually gotten to where I was using Wallet regularly on my EVOLTE. Where is Wallet on the Note!?! this is a huge disappointment. I am already missing Wallet. Doesn't the GS3 have Wallet installed?

If the note has NFC just download wallet from the play store

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

The GS3 does have wallet installed (at least for Sprint). The other carriers (but why would those on other carriers be on this forum?) may still be subject to carrier blocking of Wallet

If the note has NFC just download wallet from the play store

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Here is the latest apk for wallet if for some reason it is blocked on the Note 2

http://db.tt/pDKEeDP3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

From the play store and above link I got

3ezazu7y.jpg

Sent from my WHITE S'NOTE using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure this happened with the GS3 when it first came out. We'll just have to wait unfortunately until Google releases an update. :(

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Or just side load it if u have NFC it should work fine

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM104.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

The EVO LTE had issues with wallet when it first rolled out. At first it worked then Google found a problem and shut it off. People were spoofing their phone types in the build prop to get around this. I didn't play that game with money things.

It will eventually play itself out.

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

• Like 3

Another Note 2 Impression~

Dislike: Samsung's Button Design. I don't like it. Not one bit. I'm used to it now, but I don't like it. A giant, iPhone-like (yes I said it) Home button, that's a physical button? Ew. Back button on the right instead of the left? Ew. A hardware menu button? Double ew.

I wouldn't mind the back and menu buttons quite as much if the S-Pen actually worked with the capacitive buttons. As it stands, to go back, I have to use an S-Pen gesture or use my physical finger to hit back. Not good design, Sammy.

The addition of a hardware menu button on a post-ICS phone just irks me. There's little to no need for it, with Action Overflow bars in any app that matters. Oh, wait, those are gone on this phone. I'm supposed to just hit the menu button. Anyone have a mod to add those bars back? Or mod what the buttons do?

And to top it off, App Switch is "long press home", which takes the speed and ease-of-use out of Android multitasking. Compared to "Anything AOSP", or the Motorola Photon, it's incredibly slow. It adds an extra ~2 seconds to something that should be lightning fast, each time you want to get to a different app. There's a reason the default buttons post-ICS include App Switch by default. And sure, multi-window mode helps to offset this annoyance, but it's not a replacement, as you only get... half the screen.

So really, I think I'd love a mod that adds a Nexus-style navigation bar and disables the hardware keys. That, or something to remap them.

</rant>

• Like 2

Another Note 2 Impression~

Dislike: Samsung's Button Design. I don't like it. Not one bit. I'm used to it now, but I don't like it. A giant, iPhone-like (yes I said it) Home button, that's a physical button? Ew. Back button on the right instead of the left? Ew. A hardware menu button? Double ew.

I wouldn't mind the back and menu buttons quite as much if the S-Pen actually worked with the capacitive buttons. As it stands, to go back, I have to use an S-Pen gesture or use my physical finger to hit back. Not good design, Sammy.

The addition of a hardware menu button on a post-ICS phone just irks me. There's little to no need for it, with Action Overflow bars in any app that matters. Oh, wait, those are gone on this phone. I'm supposed to just hit the menu button. Anyone have a mod to add those bars back? Or mod what the buttons do?

And to top it off, App Switch is "long press home", which takes the speed and ease-of-use out of Android multitasking. Compared to "Anything AOSP", or the Motorola Photon, it's incredibly slow. It adds an extra ~2 seconds to something that should be lightning fast, each time you want to get to a different app. There's a reason the default buttons post-ICS include App Switch by default. And sure, multi-window mode helps to offset this annoyance, but it's not a replacement, as you only get... half the screen.

So really, I think I'd love a mod that adds a Nexus-style navigation bar and disables the hardware keys. That, or something to remap them.

</rant>

Since I had the GS3 before, I have grown pretty fond of the physical home button. I do agree that not being able to use the S Pen to press the capacitive back and menu button is counter intuitive. I am constantly hitting my stylus on them and surprised that nothing happens. Then I have to change to fingers mode. It is annoying, but I don't use the stylus a lot. I am still surprised even though I consciously know that the stylus doesn't work on those buttons, I just automatically do it if it is in my hand.

Robert via Samsung Victory LTE on Tapatalk

@koiulpoi Are you going to return it?

Sent from my WHITE S'NOTE using Tapatalk 2

Nooooo no no no no no no no no

I love everything else about this phone too much. Also see below.

Since I had the GS3 before, I have grown pretty fond of the physical home button. I do agree that not being able to use the S Pen to press the capacitive back and menu button is counter intuitive. I am constantly hitting my stylus on them and surprised that nothing happens. Then I have to change to fingers mode. It is annoying, but I don't use the stylus a lot. I am still surprised even though I consciously know that the stylus doesn't work on those buttons, I just automatically do it if it is in my hand.

Robert via Samsung Victory LTE on Tapatalk

There actually are S-Pen Gestures for Back and Menu. They're drawing a "<" and a "^" shape, respectively. Don't think there is one for home.

I DID find a fix, though!

Not for the faint of heart... go in and add "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" to the end of your build.prop (found in /system) and suddenly, you have an on-screen navbar, and the action overflow returns! Requires you to be Rooted with Busybox. I'm happy now!

The only thing I don't like (and this is such a long shot I don't care) is that they still have the back button on the right, and that you can't disable the navbar again without a reboot. A navbar toggle for fullscreen apps would just be... dreamy!

Thanks go to:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=33732776&postcount=11

• Like 1

There actually are S-Pen Gestures for Back and Menu. They're drawing a "<" and a "^" shape, respectively. Don't think there is one for home.

Not for the faint of heart... go in and add "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" to the end of your build.prop (found in /system) and suddenly, you have an on-screen navbar, and the action overflow returns! Requires you to be Rooted with Busybox. I'm happy now!

The only thing I don't like (and this is such a long shot I don't care) is that they still have the back button on the right, and that you can't disable the navbar again without a reboot. A navbar toggle for fullscreen apps would just be... dreamy!

Thanks go to:

I tried doing this and saw the on screen controls at the bottom of the screen, but the device would hard freeze and reboot. Had to boot up TWRP to get things working again. Ended up editing build.prop back to the way it was so it doesn't freeze. :

I tried doing this and saw the on screen controls at the bottom of the screen, but the device would hard freeze and reboot. Had to boot up TWRP to get things working again. Ended up editing build.prop back to the way it was so it doesn't freeze. :

Hmm, really? How odd. I'm running Stock, Deodexed, Rooted. Wonder if this doesn't work on Stock Odexed...

Hmm, really? How odd. I'm running Stock, Deodexed, Rooted. Wonder if this doesn't work on Stock Odexed...

Not sure what is going on. Maybe I flashed something improperly somewhere? I'll mess around with it later this weekend when I have some more time. :P

Thanks go to:

Ack! You are adding what I hated about the EVO when it first rolled out. I hated that bar taking up the screen and apps wouldn't go full screen.

Sounds like you haven't used a Samsung device before. I had to get used to the Evo having the back and menu buttons reversed from the Epic.

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

Ack! You are adding what I hated about the EVO when it first rolled out. I hated that bar taking up the screen and apps wouldn't go full screen.

The EVO LTE's bar was annoying because it was useless. This bar is extremely useful. Just look at the Galaxy Nexus... or any AOSP-like phone. And the S-Pen works with these. And my App-switch button is back. I'm keeping it for now.

Sounds like you haven't used a Samsung device before. I had to get used to the Evo having the back and menu buttons reversed from the Epic.
I have not. I went Samsung Wafer (google it, really) -> Motorola Photon -> EVO LTE -> Samsung Galaxy Note II. All my phones have gotten progressively larger.