Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

so pulled the trigger... BB only had them in white. (not my favorite would have prefered titanium) They gave me $350 for buyback on my EVO 4G LTE trade in would have been $150 so I walked out the door with a note II and $18.63 on a gift card :)

• Like 3

so pulled the trigger... BB only had them in white. (not my favorite would have prefered titanium) They gave me 350 for buyback on my EVO 4G LTE trade in would have been 150 so I walked out the door with a note II and 18.63 on a gift card :)

You are going to love this device

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Forum Runner

The battery life just gets better and better on the Note 2. Amazing. It will be really hard to go do testing on the Victory this week when I get it. Battery life will be nothing similar at all, I'm sure.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

How many phones will you be up to? I don't understand having so many. Not that is a bad thing' date=' many of my friends are multi phone addicts .[/quote']

Here is my current list of smartphones:

Samsung Galaxy Victory

Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Samsung Galaxy S3

Motorola Photon Q

HTC EVO LTE

LG Viper

Galaxy Nexus

Samsung Galaxy S2 (formerly the E4GT)

Motorola Photon 4G

HTC EVO 3D

HTC EVO 4G

Samsung Epic 4G

HTC Hero

I feel like I'm missing one.

• Like 2

Samsung Galaxy Victory

Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Samsung Galaxy S3

Motorola Photon Q

HTC EVO LTE

LG Viper

Galaxy Nexus

Motorola Photon 4G

HTC EVO 3D

HTC EVO 4G

Samsung Epic 4G

HTC Hero

Your missing the fruit one... a magical candy bar...

• Like 1

Playa playa!

Please upload the pic of all of them on your belt!

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Seeing how I live in New Mexico, I first read "playa" as "beach." I didn't get what on earth you were talking about. But then I re-read it. LOL

• Like 2

Samsung Galaxy Victory

Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Samsung Galaxy S3

Motorola Photon Q

HTC EVO LTE

LG Viper

Galaxy Nexus

Motorola Photon 4G

HTC EVO 3D

HTC EVO 4G

Samsung Epic 4G

HTC Hero

What u mean by formally rob lol??

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

My brother just got the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after returning the iphone 5 back to the Apple Store for a second time because of bad battery life... he's so happy with his decision. He never got excited for his iphone 5 the way he does now as he constantly is on his Note 2 and the battery life is WAY WAY better. Apple's excuse for the poor battery life was that it was the fastest processor they ever put in a phone so of course the battery will die faster, but it really was draining super quick. Ironically, the note 2's quad core processor is so much more powerful so their asinine comment made us laugh.

I'm going to be getting it as my next phone as well when I bring our AT&T family plan of 4 phones to Sprint on Black Friday :] my other brother is gonna jump on the $49 deal for the GS3 but I still wanna get the Note 2... I love it so much and hate browsing the internet on my tiny iphone screen right now lol

• Like 2

got my update this morning. My only complaint is why can't I have multi-view on my Galaxy Tab 10.1? I'm liking the Note 2 more every day. Everyone who holds the phone laughs saying this thing is too big but then get serious and say it's nice to have such a large screen.

Seeing how I live in New Mexico, I first read "playa" as "beach." I didn't get what on earth you were talking about. But then I re-read it.

¿Dónde está la playa?

...o...

¿Quién es la playa?

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Seeing how I live in New Mexico, I first read "playa" as "beach." I didn't get what on earth you were talking about. But then I re-read it. LOL

Hahahah.. Think New Orleans. ;)

I have a buddy that has 2 extra sim cards. Those are his "bat phones" he says. Instead of carrying 2 extra phones and his girlfriend busting him. I have enough drama in my life than to shuffle 2 or 3 women.. Been there done that and too stressful.

• Like 2

too funny... but yeah, you guys have plenty of "beach" over there, it's just the water that has decided to take a vacation.

• Like 1

Hahahah.. Think New Orleans. ;)

I have a buddy that has 2 extra sim cards. Those are his "bat phones" he says. Instead of carrying 2 extra phones and his girlfriend busting him. I have enough drama in my life than to shuffle 2 or 3 women.. Been there done that and too stressful.

That's what the second number from Google voice is for.

Sent from a phone using an app. That is fancy!

Damn 15hrs what he'll where you doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hrs was Google navigation while driving around Michigan (screen on, gps, data flow, etc)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Welp, a few more things about the Note 2:

Love: The screen. It's huge and clear. I picked up my coworker's SII and it just felt tiny in comparison. I could barely see the screen!

Love: The S-Pen. I've been waiting for styluses to come back ever since my Windows Mobile PDA.

Love: 1x/EV Radio Performance. Compared to the EVO LTE... well, I wasn't able to make phone calls in my house before. Now I can, no problem, clear as day. It seems to even pull down a stronger 1x signal than the Motorola Photon.

Dislike: The speaker! It's too loud! On the lowest volume setting, it blares out my notification sound.

Annoyance: If you're connected to WiFi and roam, the device comes up with a message stating that Data Roaming is turned off and data connectivity has been lost, even if you have it enabled. Derp.

Hate: I'm not used to the awkward size of this thing at all. I've banged it on the table a couple times because I didn't realize how huge it was. It doesn't fit in the cup holders in my car like the EVO LTE did, making it harder to be my "car device".

• Like 5

Already done the manual method and worked flawlessly. The only thing to do before doing the update is to rename the file to " update.zip".

Sent from my Super Charged Galaxy Note 2

I couldn't wait so manually updated a few days ago. Didn't rename the update. Where did you get that from that it had to be renamed?

OK so think I am going to pull the plug and switch out the EVO 4G LTE for the Note II, one question I have how is battery life. I can go a full day (19hrs+) with heavy usage without needing a charge until it is time to go to sleep. How is the Note's battery life?
Outstanding. I can't recall anyone I know getting 19+ hrs of heavy use out of the Evo 4G LTE....maybe 9 hrs if they were lucky.

I've had my Note 2 a bit over 2 weeks. With heavy use I was going over 24 hrs before plugging it in. I've noticed over the last day or so my battery is depleting a little faster.

I'm constantly on my phone now like I've been from the moment I got it so my usage is still the same. Just recently installed a bunch of apps but the drainage wasn't immediately noticeable.

Sent from my WHITE S'NOTE using Tapatalk 2

I'll be at about 50% when my wife has to plug in her S3. I laugh each time, and it doesn't get old. Last night I got my note to beep low battery. I have maybe heard the sound once sense Ive had it. It actually made me jump a little.

Just curious when the phrase "heavy use" is used, what does that entail? To me heavy use is non-stop or as close to non-stop use of energy hog apps or uses. Such as streaming videos (ie., YouTube and/or Netflix)and having multiple email accounts syncing on the shortest of intervals as well as the likes of social media apps and playing games to the likes of angry birds. Heavy use would be if you're doing any or all of the above for over half the time of the phone being charged or more. That's just imho.

Sent from my EVO LTE-LESS using Tapatalk 2

My battery life on the Note 2 has been about the following for a full day (about 16 hours, 7AM - 11PM):

• Virtually no usage...about 70% battery remaining
  • Light usage...about 55% battery remaining
  • Moderate usage...about 30% battery remaining
  • Heavy usage...had to plug in around 9-10PM

That is amazing in comparison to the GS3. Which is amazing compared to the GNex. Which was amazing compared to the OG EVO.

I have not tweaked anything on my Note 2 and just let everything run like normal. I leave GPS on, too. Everything. I remember on the EVO, I had to turn everything off and set my screen to intolerably low brightness and become a battery resource Nazi, just to get 8 hours of light usage out of it. Oh, how far we have come.

But with a mega large battery in the Note, it had better have great life.

Robert

• Like 8