Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Same here. Started with the original Evo. Couldn't imagine going down in size now.

Sent from my WHITE S'NOTE using Tapatalk 2

Even when I have to help a family member with the Epic it just feels small and like I have tunnel vision.

Not starting a phone battle but it just feels way weird when I see the older model screens and the one with the new screen size. I just couldn't do it.

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

Funny' date=' about 10 years ago, we wanted the smallest and thinnest phones, but now that our phones can do much more, the smallest doesn't cut it anymore. I feel old now. :P

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

[/quote']

Yeah, all the glimpses into the future of cell phones were of tiny phones. Nobody expected to be carrying around a mini computer...

• Like 2

Phone size is mentally manipulative. Sure when phones were huge we wanted them smaller OR was it placed in our mental database that smaller was better? Something to think about.

What surprises me if people find 7" tablets extremely comfortable and just the right size yet a 5.5" phone is considered huge. What about those who use their 7" as phones?

Edited by ScandaLeX
  • Like 3

Yeah, all the glimpses into the future of cell phones were of tiny phones. Nobody expected to be carrying around a mini computer...

I think the 80's and Gibson had the best view of the future. I still want my "Wristphone with Flip-up screen" dammit!

• Like 1

So after toying around with my brother in laws Note 2 I think I might be sold. Now his is an ATT version but the same experience besides the coverage. I did find out I have no ATT LTE coverage in my home. Ha! Voice and text worked though. Besides the point though...

I am still on the fence whether I should get the Note 2 or S3 to replace the EVO LTE. A huge consideration I have to think about is RF specs due to my area. According to the docs AJ posted, the note 2 has a poor LTE dbm output. Power output isn't everything though.

Do any of you have an S3 to compare to? Looking for some comparisons of voice, evdo and LTE if possible in a low signal area between the two.

Thinking of going to get it today... So be quick ;) I am thinking I guess I could get it and compare it to my wife's S3 for voice and evdo. No lte here. If it doesn't work well I could return it.

So after toying around with my brother in laws Note 2 I think I might be sold. Now his is an ATT version but the same experience besides the coverage. I did find out I have no ATT LTE coverage in my home. Ha! Voice and text worked though. Besides the point though...

I am still on the fence whether I should get the Note 2 or S3 to replace the EVO LTE. A huge consideration I have to think about is RF specs due to my area. According to the docs AJ posted, the note 2 has a poor LTE dbm output. Power output isn't everything though.

Do any of you have an S3 to compare to? Looking for some comparisons of voice, evdo and LTE if possible in a low signal area between the two.

Thinking of going to get it today... So be quick ;) I am thinking I guess I could get it and compare it to my wife's S3 for voice and evdo. No lte here. If it doesn't work well I could return it.

I will have some info by Saturday in a head to head comparison between the GS3 and the Note 2 (among others). However, if you are buying on Friday, that won't help much.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 2

No dice on the note 2, my store only had white.. They said maybe in a day or two. I am sure other stores had it but not battling their laziness to call in the upgrade. Might go Tuesday.

Update on my Note II.

The screen glass and bezel at the bottom were a little wonky, (1/64" gap left side under the menu window that most people wouldn't even notice, but it was all I could see) :) and I was still within the 14 day purchase window so I went to BB to do an exchange, and awesomely enough they only had one and it was a titanium one. So now I have a Titanium note instead of the white. Which is what I wanted

• Like 3

Phone size is mentally manipulative. Sure when phones were huge we wanted them smaller OR was it placed in our mental database that smaller was better? Something to think about.

What surprises me if people find 7" tablets extremely comfortable and just the right size yet a 5.5" phone is considered huge. What about those who use their 7" as phones?

And what about those who use their 10's as phones? Their is nothing funnier when when one of my voip numbers rings and I pull out my Note

And what about those who use their 10's as phones? Their is nothing funnier when when one of my voip numbers rings and I pull out my Note

What about those who use 10" .... That just supports my case. People complain that certain sizes (5.5") are too big as a phone but will do the same functions on 7 and 10" tablets including making phone calls.

Sent from my WHITE S'NOTE using Tapatalk 2

I definitely get LTE nearly everywhere with the Note 2. It's amazing! 3G and voice have been very good, too.

Edit: I can say that it seems better than the S2. We just got my partner a Note 2 on Saturday (he was complaining about data problems), so I called the nearest Sprint store that we were going to drive right past, and they had them in stock. He is coming from an Epic 4G Touch, and he has been completely happy, so far. LTE most everywhere and better 3G where he doesn't have LTE. Can't beat that!

Nobody has a quick comparison between the S3 and Note 2 on signal strength/usability?

Maybe I'll get to do my own this evening...

I wish I could, I really do. If you still don't have one by the end of the year I might have you covered. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Missed all but the last few seconds but CBS here just had a commercial for the Note 2. Its the first I have seen. Nice to finally see someone (missed who) pushing it.

I have seen a Sprint Lebron James Galaxy Note 2 commercial quite a few times. It is literally one of the most worthless commercials I have ever seen. You don't even know what is being advertised.

• Like 2

I wish I could, I really do. If you still don't have one by the end of the year I might have you covered. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Picked up one today already ;) I have till Friday to decide on it or the S3. Leaning very hard towards the Note 2. Love it so far!!! Going to run it through some signal testing tomorrow.

• Like 2

I have seen a Sprint Lebron James Galaxy Note 2 commercial quite a few times. It is literally one of the most worthless commercials I have ever seen. You don't even know what is being advertised.

I think their idea was when he answered a phone call the phone looks "normal" in his big basketball hands. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Picked up one today already ;) I have till Friday to decide on it or the S3. Leaning very hard towards the Note 2. Love it so far!!! Going to run it through some signal testing tomorrow.

You're not able to compare LTE are you?

Nope. But at as long as it picks up after I jump from LTE island to LTE island in town I will be good to go.

Sent from ...

After you use it a while please update us on how it works out. Its over 100 miles to the closest LTE here. Im hopping its at least average on LTE with no need to cycle airplane mode but its past the two week return window so its mine for 2 years either way.

After you use it a while please update us on how it works out. Its over 100 miles to the closest LTE here. Im hopping its at least average on LTE with no need to cycle airplane mode but its past the two week return window so its mine for 2 years either way.

I got the Note after Nexus and Galaxy S3, so far is the best device picking up LTE seamlessly without any problems.

Sent from my Super Charged Galaxy Note 2

I can tell you that based on what I see on Sensorly and compared to what my phone does when it's in LTE range, the handoffs are very smooth.

• Like 1