Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Can't get over how great this phone is. 14 heavy usage hours for me (heavy for my standards) and am barely getting to 18%. I almost go out of my way to try getting the battery drained down.

and to be able to accomplish so much within a full day, then turn around and be able to swap with another battery that's fully charged...can't beat that.

Posted from my G-Note II.

• Like 2

And how fast it will take a charge.

I so love the look on people's faces when they see this phone. I was in the installer bay at Bestbuy and I pulled it out to get a model number for a part. Dude was like wtf is that thing? Just amazed. To top it off, not only did I have Lte in there, my 23Mbps vs his Red 6Mbps... Thank you Sprint.

I don't know what's different with this phone than any other Samsung, but they better keep it up. The hand off is so smooth. WiFi 4G WiFi 4G 3G 4G WiFi. And I seem to have service like I've never had. Can't wait to officially test it in Denver. There's a few spots where the phone makes the service.

P.S. I also wanna endorse the flip cover... was wrestling with my boys in a sandbox (not even thinking!!!! Such an idiot! Lets roll my $600 phone and 200lbs butt in sand) and when I went to grab my phone, I had sand all over it. After carefully cleaning it off, not a single mark on the screen. I still can't wipe the grin off my face. Lol

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

After you use it a while please update us on how it works out. Its over 100 miles to the closest LTE here. Im hopping its at least average on LTE with no need to cycle airplane mode but its past the two week return window so its mine for 2 years either way.

It is definitely a whole lot better than the EVO. I haven't had to cycle airplane mode yet. There are probably times I am on the very edge of coverage that doing so would get me an LTE signal, but I haven't really needed to even try to.

After you use it a while please update us on how it works out. Its over 100 miles to the closest LTE here. Im hopping its at least average on LTE with no need to cycle airplane mode but its past the two week return window so its mine for 2 years either way.

I travel to Memphis a lot and there are only a few LTE towers right now. The Note II transitions back and forth from LTE to 3G without any issue. I haven't even looked for airplane mode. I love this phone.

And how fast it will take a charge.

I so love the look on people's faces when they see this phone. I was in the installer bay at Bestbuy and I pulled it out to get a model number for a part. Dude was like wtf is that thing? Just amazed. To top it off, not only did I have Lte in there, my 23Mbps vs his Red 6Mbps... Thank you Sprint.

I don't know what's different with this phone than any other Samsung, but they better keep it up. The hand off is so smooth. WiFi 4G WiFi 4G 3G 4G WiFi. And I seem to have service like I've never had. Can't wait to officially test it in Denver. There's a few spots where the phone makes the service.

P.S. I also wanna endorse the flip cover... was wrestling with my boys in a sandbox (not even thinking!!!! Such an idiot! Lets roll my $600 phone and 200lbs butt in sand) and when I went to grab my phone, I had sand all over it. After carefully cleaning it off, not a single mark on the screen. I still can't wipe the grin off my face. Lol

I can't speak on battery life just yet as I'm haven't run through a normal day yet of not setting things up like I like them. I still have some house cleaning to do on stupid apks that I don't want. Might take me a bit to dig through the Sammy ones though, but that's later.

I have noticed it does take a bit longer to switch from wifi to 3G than I am used to. It takes it a minute or two to drop and hand off. Questioning the data on this thing in a "crowded" area, the phone was really unusable all day yesterday at work, but that could just be a tower thing but I've never had it that bad on the Evo LTE or even the Epic 4G. I have some further testing to do of course.

I don't want to jump to any negative conclusions just yet and maybe I'm just WAY too subjective to radio performance after the EVO LTE biting me. But so far I think I'm keeping it.

• Like 1

I can't speak on battery life just yet as I'm haven't run through a normal day yet of not setting things up like I like them. I still have some house cleaning to do on stupid apks that I don't want. Might take me a bit to dig through the Sammy ones though, but that's later.

I have noticed it does take a bit longer to switch from wifi to 3G than I am used to. It takes it a minute or two to drop and hand off. Questioning the data on this thing in a "crowded" area, the phone was really unusable all day yesterday at work, but that could just be a tower thing but I've never had it that bad on the Evo LTE or even the Epic 4G. I have some further testing to do of course.

I don't want to jump to any negative conclusions just yet and maybe I'm just WAY too subjective to radio performance after the EVO LTE biting me. But so far I think I'm keeping it.

Daily reports please! Thanks.

I'm generally loving my Note 2 thus far. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having issues with their Note randomly not shutting the screen off/going to sleep on it's own? That's become a mild annoyance rather quickly. I've disabled Google Now, shut off location services and GPS as well as some other things that could be the culprit and the issue still comes and goes.

I'm generally loving my Note 2 thus far. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having issues with their Note randomly not shutting the screen off/going to sleep on it's own? That's become a mild annoyance rather quickly. I've disabled Google Now, shut off location services and GPS as well as some other things that could be the culprit and the issue still comes and goes.

Haven't found that problem but I do have quite of bit of garbage cleaned out. I saw the android backup service kept my phone away for over 30 minutes today. Killed that promptly. Even with that enabled with over 12 hours off the charger and decent usage I was only down to 90%. That's crazy. Now I'm on a mission to see how much dumb crap I can clean out and see how long I can make this thing last.

• Like 1

I've not had this issue with my Note, but I am with my Nexus 4.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Haven't found that problem but I do have quite of bit of garbage cleaned out. I saw the android backup service kept my phone away for over 30 minutes today. Killed that promptly. Even with that enabled with over 12 hours off the charger and decent usage I was only down to 90%. That's crazy. Now I'm on a mission to see how much dumb crap I can clean out and see how long I can make this thing last.

I have it up to 1 day 11 hours as my record so far, charged by the USB. There is a ton of stuff you can delete tho. If you use gmail or like it and not the Email app. Delete the exchange server and email app and that will help your battery. I have a list of all the apk names if you can't find an app to delete. I can't believe your having issues with the radio performance, it can't be that its just my luck. I've read a lot of other people that are having a good experience.

Having come from the same phone, it's night and day for me. With the EVO LTE, I couldn't make phone calls in my home. I couldn't use it outside at my home either; it kept dropping data and usually wouldn't receive calls. Outdoors.

Note 2? There are parts of my basement that I can call from, now.

Sure, I'm in a marginal service area, but the difference to me is astounding.

That being said, I have noticed the WiFi handoff taking a bit to click in. This doesn't bother me, as I just flip WiFi off in the quick settings when leaving my two main offloading areas and it quickly connects to 3G.

I guess the WiFi hand off may be different on my end. I have a 600mW Gigabit Dual Band Router and Repeaters.

Lol.. You sound like me. No repeaters though as I do not believe in them. Ubiquiti power apn access point with higher gain antennas. I was trying to get coverage all over my yard and ended up with covering about to 4 to 5 times that and that's not even with cranking it to 1000mw.

Is it bad if your insides start to tickle when you walk next to the access point? Just kidding.

Then throwing an Airave in the mix probably doesn't help as the phone can't figure out which network to use.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Lol.. You sound like me. No repeaters though as I do not believe in them. Ubiquiti power apn access point with higher gain antennas. I was trying to get coverage all over my yard and ended up with covering about to 4 to 5 times that and that's not even with cranking it to 1000mw.

Is it bad if your insides start to tickle when you walk next to the access point? Just kidding.

Then throwing an Airave in the mix probably doesn't help as the phone can't figure out which network to use.

Sent from my SPH-L900

I use one repeater to supply Internet to my garage, it also gives a guest access for customers that like to hang out. But my router at 600 is a lot, could only imagine 1 watt. I use a 600mW AP to my dads house, where he has the same. Directional Antennas and our network is one. His house is almost 1000ft away. Makes for sharing movies and what not easy. Lol.

Also blankets half my neighborhood and the Shopping Center with an SSID of my choosing. lmao!!

I usually run a cat5 to the other side of the house and put an AP. Too much loss on repeaters.

I have a ubiquiti nanostation m2 mounted under my HD locals antenna on a pole, pointed towards the park near my house. So I can use wifi when I am there. I asked the wife for a rocket m2, an omni, a sector panel, and a Pico for Christmas. She just rolled her eyes.

You just seem like my twin! HA!

Sent from my SPH-L900

• Like 1

No way to pull the cable or I would. I'll have Cat6 in the garage one day when I feel like playing in my attic.

I think my wife's eyes are stuck in a rolling pattern. lol

Attic is fun in the south.. Pulled my camera wires in June! I usually try to hold all my attic wiring until the winter though.

Sent from my SPH-L900

• Like 1

Attic is fun in the south.. Pulled my camera wires in June! I usually try to hold all my attic wiring until the winter though.

Sent from my SPH-L900

You have cameras... lol I have 8. I just made a sub domain for my site that connects to them. pull them up on my Note 2 anytime. I tell you what, that's another thing this phone is awesome for.

(an attempt to not get in trouble for going off topic... :P )

You have cameras... lol I have 8. I just made a sub domain for my site that connects to them. pull them up on my Note 2 anytime. I tell you what, that's another thing this phone is awesome for.

(an attempt to not get in trouble for going off topic... :P )

8 as well. I use the IP Camera Viewer app. The large display is just downright awesome for looking at the 8 on the screen. I also use it for traffic cams as well. I keep the Louisiana camera list up to date for the dev.

The battery life is just downright insane and it still hasn't been a normal day since I have been backing things up in TWRP and titanium backup. Blocking permissions from apps, removing system apps I don't need. Etc. 6 hrs on screen time and 16 off charger and still have 30% left.

Still pouring over the pieces in this phone base OS. Thinking of doing my own rom that is down to basics.

Sent from my SPH-L900

• Like 1

Cool up 2 million since the 1st.

I'm thinking the next numbers update could be even higher the next time they are released. There were some places online on "Black Friday" that were discounting the Note II a little bit (around $20) and throwing in some extras here and there. :tu:

Im going to do what I did in the last apartment I had my own WiFI router in, turn it down as low as possible, set it to not broadcast the SSID and be as stealth with it as I can then lock it down as much as I can so I won't get hacked and they won't use my cable to download stuff. I wonder sometimes if they used my WiFi to pick my apartment to break into. They took all the computer gear back in March of 08.

Highly unlikely... even back in '08 a wifi router could be had for cheap. WPA2-AES with a nice long non-dictionary password is really the only way to go. For an apartment I can easily see just about any router working since there isn't much to cover. But you do have to deal with a crazy noise floor from all the other routers close together. Don't even both with changing the channels as the non-sense all the manufacturers use today of the auto channels causes the RF scene to change daily in apartments.

Do you have Sensorly installed and passive scanning turned on? I've noticed that it will randomly start scanning and due to a bug in android Sensorly can't scan with the screen off. If you try to turn the screen off it will just come right back on.