Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

I live in puyallup in the sunrise area, could somebody tell me if a tower was just upgraded?

If you become a sponsor you can see maps of all the recently accepted/upgrades towers.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is it common to have a 4g signal but data won't work at all? I have a 4g signal at home and I have had it for a couple of week now but when I tested it yesterday and again today data won't work at all. Is this an indication that the tower is being worked on again or is my phone not working properly?

Is it common to have a 4g signal but data won't work at all? I have a 4g signal at home and I have had it for a couple of week now but when I tested it yesterday and again today data won't work at all. Is this an indication that the tower is being worked on again or is my phone not working properly?

I had this happen about 4 different times...for me it was my phone. I hit restart and data worked fine afterwards.

• Like 1

I had this happen about 4 different times...for me it was my phone. I hit restart and data worked fine afterwards.

Tried that, probably rebooted 4-5 times now and it is still a no go :(

As it has been stated other times on this forum, is it no uncommon to have a 4g signal but data won't work at all in an unlaunched market. Sometimes it's site and sometimes it's the phone.

• Like 1

As it has been stated other times on this forum, is it no uncommon to have a 4g signal but data won't work at all in an unlaunched market. Sometimes it's site and sometimes it's the phone.

Thanks for a helpful reply!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Anybody know the range of the LTE from a tower. I was just within a 1:4 of a mile and got LtE off a tower that was just upgraded but not live I don't think since it cut off about 1.5 miles away and I live 3 miles away so any way that could reach my house in the future?

Anybody know the range of the LTE from a tower. I was just within a 1:4 of a mile and got LtE off a tower that was just upgraded but not live I don't think since it cut off about 1.5 miles away and I live 3 miles away so any way that could reach my house in the future?

1 city block all the way up to 10 miles. Depends on the design.

Sent from my little Note2

I am about 5 to 6 miles from the nearest known LTE tower in Olympia but can get a weak signal in my yard. The signal doesn't penetrate inside though. Close to the tower in Lacey I've had 31 down but the best I've had from my yard is 4 to 5 and is usually 3. They're is another tower somewhere close to downtown and I've had really good speeds there. Yesterday we were at Anthony's Percival Landing for lunch and I noticed the speed was really good so ran a check - tan a half dozen which were all between 30 and 38. Attached is a screenshot of the fastest. During the week I noticed an LTE signal of Carpenter and 37th as well. This doesn't show on Sensory so will map out next time I'm in that area.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I contacted sprint and they said there was no LTE where I live even though I get it, will I just have to wait and see if they extend it at all?

It's not unusual for them to disavow LTE in market prior to launch. Enjoy it where it's working. It can be exciting being an early adopter.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

It's not unusual for them to disavow LTE in market prior to launch. Enjoy it where it's working. It can be exciting being an early adopter.

Should you catch any LTE, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of that activity.

;)

AJ

Has anyone had any been able to connect to lte, but had slow speeds? I've been experiencing for the last day that I can connect, but nothing will load up. Chrome, the stock browser, or anything that uses data won't load.

I'm having this issue too! It's been driving me crazy. 3G works fine but LTE shows connected, yet little or no data is getting through.

sent from my Galaxy Nexus with Tapatalk

Any chance this towers signal will go further if they are just testing now, only goes about 1.5 miles now?

Most likely not. When sites go live, it means they are functioning properly and set up close to their final (if not already at) their final downtilt adjustment. In populated areas, sites are often configured to cover only small areas so that they can cram more sites in, increasing the capacity in the area.

What will happen is more towers will go live and fill in the coverage. Wherever you have a decent 3G connection, you should have a decent LTE connections when the network upgrades are complete.

I'm having this issue too! It's been driving me crazy. 3G works fine but LTE shows connected, yet little or no data is getting through.

The problem is likely your weak handset. The Galaxy Nexus is basically junk because of its chipset configuration, which features separate CDMA2000 and LTE basebands from VIA Telecom and Samsung, respectively, both of which can operate independently and are sub par compared to a singular Qualcomm solution.

My guess is that you were likely attracted to the Galaxy Nexus by unadulterated Android, but you got substandard hardware in exchange. That was a bad choice, but it is also one that you will likely not face again anytime soon, as any CDMA2000 compatible Nexus handset is probably never again in the offing.

AJ

The problem is likely your weak handset. The Galaxy Nexus is basically junk because of its chipset configuration, which features separate CDMA2000 and LTE basebands from VIA Telecom and Samsung, respectively, both of which can operate independently and are sub par compared to a singular Qualcomm solution.

My guess is that you were likely attracted to the Galaxy Nexus by unadulterated Android, but you got substandard hardware in exchange. That was a bad choice, but it is also one that you will likely not face again anytime soon, as any CDMA2000 compatible Nexus handset is probably never again in the offing.

AJ

What would your explanation be for the other 2 posters who don't appear to have a GNex - one appears to be using an S3 and the other an Evo4G

What would your explanation be for the other 2 posters who don't appear to have a GNex - one appears to be using an S3 and the other an Evo4G

In that case, the cause could just be, as of yet, highly incomplete LTE deployment. I happened to pass through Seattle two weeks ago and grabbed LTE upon landing at Sea-Tac. Otherwise, LTE was almost non existent, as our maps have indicated.

AJ