Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

post-14715-0-67644600-1366858840_thumb.pngpost-14715-0-74260700-1366858858_thumb.pngpost-14715-0-67014300-1366858875_thumb.png

Been lurking here for a while. Figured i would contribute what i discovered today.

I was at Swedish Medical Center-First Hill today and wondered why Tune In kept cutting out.

Looked at my phone and saw 4G.

For the past week or so, 3G has slowed to a crawl in the University District, specifically on University Way NE. LTE has been spotted around 65th Ave NE. I wonder if it's making its way down south towards where I am.

while other parts of Puget sound is getting LTE, I think expansion in Olympia/Lacey area and Wedgwood are stopped... I was hopping to get LTE in U-District soon..

Yeah we've got LTE on the downtown Olympia site, as well as the one near the freeway off exit 109... The site off of 101 and Mud Bay Rd. has new panels and RRU's (they've been up since at least January) but is sitting on 3G -- and am 100% sure this is Sprint since it is an ex-Qwest site, and they have it set up just like the one in Centralia -- and the water tower at the roundabout on Boulevard and Log Cabin Rd. got a new larger panel on each of the sectors next to the Sprint panels about a month ago--but I don't see any RRU's anywhere. I was initially thinking this was Sprint's, but I'm now thinking AT&T may have put their LTE panel down along the side of the water tower next to Sprint's legacy panels.

I've noticed a number of sites in Olympia/Lacey/Tumwater (about 5 so far) being worked on in the last week or so -- they didn't look like Sprint, and this was confirmed yesterday when I saw one on the monopole by King Oscar and 111 -- this one has Nextel on top (the big panels and brackets), Sprint with the really small panels flush with the tower below, followed by Clear's protection site and AT&T on the bottom -- the first time I drove by I couldn't tell who they were working on, but later on it was clear they were working on AT&T -- so I'm thinking the little flurry of activity is AT&T working on bringing LTE south.

Hopefully Sprint picks it back up -- I like having my LTE at work downtown -- would be nice to get it on that water tower off Boulevard, which is my "home" site, as well as the water tower at the top of the hill between downtown and Lacey -- as it sits the LTE does connect the two areas, but it gets pretty weak towards the middle and that water tower will fill it in)

N

• Like 2

I've noticed a number of sites in Olympia/Lacey/Tumwater (about 5 so far) being worked on in the last week or so -- they didn't look like Sprint, and this was confirmed yesterday when I saw one on the monopole by King Oscar and 111 -- this one has Nextel on top (the big panels and brackets), Sprint with the really small panels flush with the tower below, followed by Clear's protection site and AT&T on the bottom -- the first time I drove by I couldn't tell who they were working on, but later on it was clear they were working on AT&T -- so I'm thinking the little flurry of activity is AT&T working on bringing LTE south.

ouch.. that's not good.. I live near the mushroom farm/nisqually middle school/athletic complex. in my house, I have to use airave to get decent phone coverage..and was hoping for better coverage with hopefully LTE coverage too..

Looks like it is finally hitting Downtown Seattle. Just got it all through the City Target on 2nd between Union and Pike. Maintained it walking down 2nd to University, and it reverted back to 3G about halfway down University toward 1st.

• Like 1

I live in puyallup and certain places I get LTE off of shaw road and over in the Sunrise Area for those in that area, hopefully that means LTE here soon. Can anybody answer if this might be a tower in orting/sumner that I was getting the signal from?

I live in puyallup and certain places I get LTE off of shaw road and over in the Sunrise Area for those in that area, hopefully that means LTE here soon. Can anybody answer if this might be a tower in orting/sumner that I was getting the signal from?

check out this link http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint It will give you a sense of where their is coverage. If you don't see an area on the map, the map it yourself.

or become a sponsor! They do a great job updating the locations of active LTE towers!

• Like 1

I'm confused, Sensorly shows LTE available all over my area (Silverdale/Bremerton) but I never see it on my phone. Is there a reason I can't connect to 4G LTE? When I got my phone in March the Sprint store salesman said that LTE would be available mid-April... I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and my settings show that my preffered network mode is "LTE/CDMA". I tried cycling the phone through turning off/on mobile data, and LTE/CDMA to CMDA and back, neither seemed to do anything, it still shows 3G.

I'm confused, Sensorly shows LTE available all over my area (Silverdale/Bremerton) but I never see it on my phone. Is there a reason I can't connect to 4G LTE? When I got my phone in March the Sprint store salesman said that LTE would be available mid-April... I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and my settings show that my preffered network mode is "LTE/CDMA". I tried cycling the phone through turning off/on mobile data, and LTE/CDMA to CMDA and back, neither seemed to do anything, it still shows 3G.

Only one or two LTE sites are currently live in Silverdale/Bremerton. Become an S4GRU sponsor, and you can view the nationwide maps of in progress and completed sites as Network Vision advances toward its end.

As for the Galaxy Nexus, it is an old, poor design. Please do not use it with Sensorly, as it is known to "pollute" Sensorly with invalid data. And that may be what you are seeing in your area.

AJ

Only one or two LTE sites are currently live in Silverdale/Bremerton. Become an S4GRU sponsor, and you can view the nationwide maps of in progress and completed sites as Network Vision advances toward its end. As for the Galaxy Nexus, it is an old, poor design. Please do not use it with Sensorly, as it is known to "pollute" Sensorly with invalid data. And that may be what you are seeing in your area. AJ

Ok, I think I'm confused even more now. I don't have Sensorly on my phone, I'm looking at http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=98310 in my desktop browser. I'm sitting right in the middle of a bunch of purple. That means I should be getting an LTE signal right? Or am I misunderstanding sensorly, or LTE, or my phone or something? Thanks!

I got LTE today in downtown Seatte for at least a few block radius around Westlake. Very slow though, speedtests from 8am in the morning until 3pm in the affternoon were all 1-2Mbps down and 1-2Mbps up

Ok, I think I'm confused even more now. I don't have Sensorly on my phone, I'm looking at http://www.sensorly....0sprint#q=98310 in my desktop browser. I'm sitting right in the middle of a bunch of purple. That means I should be getting an LTE signal right? Or am I misunderstanding sensorly, or LTE, or my phone or something? Thanks!

If someone mapped that Sensorly coverage with a Galaxy Nexus, it could be highly inaccurate. Regardless, if you are indoors, do not count on LTE -- it is a fragile airlink. Not to mention, if you do not stay in one place for very long, you may need to cycle airplane mode to pick up LTE while deployment is still incomplete.

If you are interested in becoming a sponsor for further info on Network Vision roll out, please see this thread:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

AJ

Im wondering if anyone knows answers? Im obviously in Silverdale. I get 4G outside. Then I walk indoors. I loose the 4G signal. Or that the 4G is weak in places. I would like to recieve 4G indoors. :) Can anybody explain this?

Im wondering if anyone knows answers? Im obviously in Silverdale. I get 4G outside. Then I walk indoors. I loose the 4G signal. Or that the 4G is weak in places. I would like to recieve 4G indoors. :) Can anybody explain this?

LTE is on a frequency that doesn't penetrate buildings very well. If it was on the old Nextel frequencies, then building penetration would be much better. The lower the frequency, the better signals carry.

LTE is on a frequency that doesn't penetrate buildings very well. If it was on the old Nextel frequencies, then building penetration would be much better. The lower the frequency, the better signals carry.

Sprint is deploying LTE in the same PCS 1900 MHz band in which it has long operated CDMA1X/EV-DO. So, there is effectively zero difference in that regard. But, as I stated earlier in this thread, LTE is a more fragile airlink. So, the difference is attributable to the LTE airlink and as of yet incomplete deployment.

AJ

• Like 1